UOA

Anyone has problem with UOA?  Starting a few days ago, launching UOA gives a bunch of error message screens and now I have only a few logins left.  

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,829
    works fine on mine
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    What is UOA?  Logon works fine.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Yes me, I just presumed the update server is down and have been clicking okay through all the error messages. I’ll worry about it when it stops working”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I'm not even getting error messages on mine, are you running as admin?

Arnold7 said:
    What is UOA?  Logon works fine.
    UO Assist. 

Looks like this is a third party program not affiliated with origin or broadsword.  Is its program players can legally use?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,972Moderator
    It is the only approved add on for the classic client (not including map programs), however, while allowed, it is not supported by the team.
    Use enhanced client so guess this will not work for me.  To the person that owns this site you need to do a better job of explaining what your product is and what it does.  Older players already know but newer players like myself really don’t. Should have a link What is UO Assist just above the order link.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Arnold7 said:
    Use enhanced client so guess this will not work for me.  To the person that owns this site you need to do a better job of explaining what your product is and what it does.  Older players already know but newer players like myself really don’t. Should have a link What is UO Assist just above the order link.
    https://www.tugsoft.com/uoassist/help
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    I'm getting it as well. There's a good size error list before this one and once again after you click ok. Then the actual client goes to "not responding" waiting on it to load. 

uoa.png 35.7K
    edited May 2021
    “I will run out of attempts to connect today and it will disable my uoassist so render the game unplayable for me.
    My guild mates are encouraging me to instead use a non approved client where uoassist is not required.
    Last time this happened i had to do a registry hack, I’ll have to look it up”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2021
    "mine got disabled,

Needless to say i checked my emails and received no instructions of how to continue to play Ultima Online,

Tried a couple of old registry hacks, still not functioning
    "

"Are we now allowed to use another macro program (that works)?"

Yoshi said:

"Are we now allowed to use another macro program (that works)?"

You'll need to figure out why yours isn't working.  the app works and the site is not down. 

edited May 2021
    "i deleted assist from my firewall exceptions, and went to re-add it, if something wants to connect to the internet it normally pops up, now nothing is popping up requesting to even connect

I am running win 7, will try on a win10 machine"
    Yoshi, I have some restrictions on my use of my hands.  Enhanced client allows me to play with just a mouse and about a half dozen one stroke keyboard macros.  If you have not tried that, you might consider trying it out on a EJ account to see if it plays better than CC for you that way.  Just a suggestion not a reccomendation.  You know more about the game than I do.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    I'm using a win 10 home edition machine and have no problems with uoassist.
    "i have EC also, I don't like it"
    "okay tis working on win10, will upgrade my main machine"
    You'll need to figure out why yours isn't working.  the app works and the site is not down. 
    It even says main server error in the error message. Happy it works for others but when more than one person is having issues it's a fault in an update. 

Hang tight Yoshi it'll be fixed eventually. 
    Yoshi said:
    "okay tis working on win10, will upgrade my main machine"
    sorry you had to upgrade, but at least you'll get to play. 

Urge said:
    It even says main server error in the error message. Happy it works for others but when more than one person is having issues it's a fault in an update. 

It's apparently an OS issue.

Urge said:
    I'm getting it as well. There's a good size error list before this one and once again after you click ok. Then the actual client goes to "not responding" waiting on it to load. 

Urge said:

No  What that says is it can not find the main server to talk to ans as others are not having this problem than it is on your end.

Yoshi fixed his problem and it was not on UOAs side it was in fact his problem.
    Bilbo said:

No  What that says is it can not find the main server to talk to ans as others are not having this problem than it is on your end.

Error 12175 seems to be an expired SSL security certificate which is wait for it...a UOA problem. Is it our fault for running an old operating system? Possibly. But i hardly call having to completely switch an OS a "fix". 
    Urge said:
    Bilbo said:

Error 12175 seems to be an expired SSL security certificate which is wait for it...a UOA problem. Is it our fault for running an old operating system? Possibly. But i hardly call having to completely switch an OS a "fix". 
    Your system is blocking UOA access to the UOA server, which is there because others have shown it is there, so NO it is NOT UOAs problem, oh wait you think UOA is picking on you.  Something changed with his Windows 7 and when he tried Windows 10 OMG it worked but you thing that is UOAs problem, yea right.  LMAO
    edited June 2021
    Urge said:
    Bilbo said:

If you are using Win7, it is an unsupported OS and things like this will happen. If it was still supported it would most likely still work like the supported ones. I am sure there will be a fix coming, but to avoid issues like this and others I'd suggest upgrading to a supported OS. you don't have to of course but things like this will likely keep happening. 

Urge said:
    Bilbo said:

If you are using Win7, it is an unsupported OS and things like this will happen. If it was still supported it would most likely still work like the supported ones. I am sure there will be a fix coming, but to avoid issues like this and others I'd suggest upgrading to a supported OS. you don't have to of course but things like this will likely keep happening. 
    My bad.

I have mine set up to not apply any changes cause I knew support had ended and UO/UOA is all I have on that one. I assumed there was a security certificate for each OS since most win7 went down at the same time while 10 remained. 

I did make the jump to 10 (hate it) but it is working.

Thanks for explaining it better. I got confused. 
    Urge said:
    Urge said:
    Bilbo said:

My bad.

I have mine set up to not apply any changes cause I knew support had ended and UO/UOA is all I have on that one. I assumed there was a security certificate for each OS since most win7 went down at the same time while 10 remained. 

I did make the jump to 10 (hate it) but it is working.

Thanks for explaining it better. I got confused. 
    You're welcome. I know what you mean about Win 10 it took me about as long to get used to it as it took me to get used to the EC lol. 

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 893
    This problem seems to have been fixed now.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    CovenantX said:
    This problem seems to have been fixed now.
    Well that's good because I've been avoiding restarting my computer in fear of not being able to bring UOA back up lol