Returning Cus are 4 slot pets

PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
The untamed Cus are 3 slot. 

Any player who returns will have 4 slot Cus in their stable.

We were able to make them 3 by release and retame one time until the new publish.

Now that can not be done.

Anyone with a pre pub 97 Cu in their stable that they did not train will start at 4 slots now.

So there will be many unhappy returning players that have a pet that will not be usable.

Many players who were waiting for the bugs to be worked out of the taming revamp to train their pets will now have their Cus start at 4 slots instead of three. 
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I have not released and re-tamed any of my pets. My cu sidhe went from 4 slot to 3 slot simply by starting the training. The same with my reptalon. I haven't trained my Hiryu, but it did the same when I was testing on test center. No release/retame required.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    That is great news @Petra_Fyde ; I was dreading taking my pets out just to get even madder, TY for making my day.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    I have not released and re-tamed any of my pets. My cu sidhe went from 4 slot to 3 slot simply by starting the training. The same with my reptalon. I haven't trained my Hiryu, but it did the same when I was testing on test center. No release/retame required.

Just tested this with a 4-Slot Legacy CU and a 3-Slot Legacy Giant Beetle on Live. Neither dropped/corrected their control slots. CU Stayed 4-Slots when training was started. Giant Beetle stayed 3-Slots when training was started.

CU was released and re-tamed after Pub99 went live to try and drop it (which didn't work), then the begin training method was tried.

Giant Beetle was never released after Pub99, just went straight for advanced training.

I believe this is working as intended, even though it is unfortunate for those with Legacy pets that are too high of a control slot. This new slot locking code is how they fixed the slot-dropping exploit.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Is there a good basic write up for training a pet. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    ah,  I started my pets training as soon as the publish went live, so before people started exploiting it. My pets got the publish as it was originally intended. If your pets can't get it, I guess you blame the exploiters.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    ah,  I started my pets training as soon as the publish went live, so before people started exploiting it. My pets got the publish as it was originally intended. If your pets can't get it, I guess you blame the exploiters.
    Are you referring to Pub 97? 

A lot has changed since then, and this issue and tests were specific to Pub 99.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited April 2018
    She already started training her Cus.  So the stayed 3 slots.

But those who did not touch them will be 4 slots.

Pushing the button made pets go to the correct slots when pub 97 came out. That changed with a hot fix or something before pub 98.  This also made what we call pre-publish pets. But those who used their pets pushed the button already.

• SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    I haven't tamed any since the pub but before it I was still getting 3 and 4 slot Cu's. 

Heard some losing theirs with the pub but it was from them bugging them out.
  • ThrakkarThrakkar Posts: 46
    edited November 2023
    Pawain said:
    Anyone with a pre pub 97 Cu in their stable that they did not train will start at 4 slots now.

So there will be many unhappy returning players that have a pet that will not be usable.
    Yes, just found such a cu in my stable. I was pretty excited, when I took it out of the stables and it was my favourite color. Got less excited, when I noticed the 4 slots. Was a little bit confused, since uoguide & uo-cah all say 3 slot. Until I found this thread here...

So I did all the things people suggested in the thread here, just for the sake of it, but yeah, can confirm, nothing helped.

All these years now later, there's still no fix for it, or ist there? (Just wanted to ask, before I finally release it for good)

Edit: found a second one on another tamer :/
    edited November 2023
    Thrakkar said:
    Pawain said:

Yes, just found such a cu in my stable. I was pretty excited, when I took it out of the stables and it was my favourite color. Got less excited, when I noticed the 4 slots. Was a little bit confused, since uoguide & uo-cah all say 3 slot. Until I found this thread here...

So I did all the things people suggested in the thread here, just for the sake of it, but yeah, can confirm, nothing helped.

All these years now later, there's still no fix for it, or ist there? (Just wanted to ask, before I finally release it for good)

Edit: found a second one on another tamer :/
    Nope that was a fix for pets because players were exploiting pets by lowering their slots.

Hiryus, and Giant and Fire Beetles also have higher slots when you return if you left before the publish.

Kyronix found this out when he made the Wildfire Ostards.  He copied the template of a Bane, but they were 4 slots.  Banes have 2 training rounds, we did not want them with 1.  So he reduced some specs and they became 3 slots.

All of the affected pet types can be tamed again, so why would they try to fix this, when you can go out and get another one.
  • Pawain said:
    All of the affected pet types can be tamed again, so why would they try to fix this, when you can go out and get another one.
    Yeah, not really expected a fix, like I said, just asked to be on the safe side. After all that cu had good stats, my fav color and was already bonded.
    Now I have to find a new one and wait out the bonding timer again. Not really an issue, just cumbersome and I would have liked to avoid it.
    Thrakkar said:
    Pawain said:
    Yeah, not really expected a fix, like I said, just asked to be on the safe side. After all that cu had good stats, my fav color and was already bonded.
    Now I have to find a new one and wait out the bonding timer again. Not really an issue, just cumbersome and I would have liked to avoid it.
    Taming new pet types teaches you how to use your skills. Your pet pixels are recreated every day. They are not the originals so cull em out.