Enhanced Client - Earthquake effect is unbearable

looploop Posts: 304
1. Gather any number of mages (at a champ spawn, for example)
2. Have them all cast earthquake
3. Observe screen shake is unbearable

Gif just shows me, but you can imagine how the effects stack on top of one another with multiple mages. I'm aware that you can filter the effects, but other players are not. This effect should just be removed.

Comments

• looploop Posts: 304
    What it's like on a good day at a champion spawn:

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I’ve experienced this. It’s actually nauseating because the screen keeps shaking incessantly. Clicking things becomes difficult or even impossible. 
    Hi team,

Another event, another champ spawn -- which is awesome! What's not so awesome is the screen shaking from folks spamming earthquake. I understand you can get around this by turning off all effects, but is there any chance we could get this effect replaced with something more subtle?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,304
    The shake is really hard on my older eyes.  Stopped doing the void because of it.  Think I read in another discussion with the same complaint that there is a way to turn it off.  I can take it for awhile before I start getting confused and disoriented if there is to much of it.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    Is there not an option to disable camera shake? I would assume so, every other game in the past two decades has either had this option built in by default or has quickly added it.

1 point to classic client.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 796
    edited April 2023
    here

google search to find that:
    filter ec earthquake site:forum.uo.com

that's as close as you can get currently, but there should be a way to turn off just EQ.
    edited November 2023
    Thanks, team, for commenting on this issue via the latest newsletter and for prioritizing it! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this feedback goes all the way back to 2009: https://community.stratics.com/threads/earthquake-screen-shaking-makes-game-unplayable.162743/

One player in that thread even suggested that "whoever thought it was 'kewl' to put this into the client should be strapped up in public where we can all beat them with smelly socks." Oh no! Perhaps the statute of limitations has worn out, and it's now safe to update without fear of pungent assault!

Happy to provide more examples or demonstrate the issue further.