Bonus for signing up for a six month contract

GalluccioGalluccio Posts: 77
edited March 2021 in General Discussions
World of Warcraft offers a Mount if people lock into the game for six months.  That is in addition to the discount on their subscription service.  I believe they offer mounts, on occasion, for signing their six month contract.  I would like to suggest the same thing for Ultima Online.  I'm not necessarily talking about offering a mount.  Just anything which would make sense for Ultima Online.

Perhaps some people who have an account open once every 90-120 days would keep their accounts open longer.

Something other than veteran rewards.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    We do not get to take advantage of sales in the Origin store, We get random holiday items. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    edited March 2021
    6 Months gets you a cash discount. No  need for additional items. You have vet rewards every 12 months. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Not going to happen.  Thinking is yearly anniversary awards and rewards for taking part in events. Guessing it has been this way since day one.  Don’t really believe providing players an incentive to renew is a priority in this game.  Have seen these kinds of discussions many times now.  Some go on and on but none of them ever get anywhere.  Can’t really complain to much about the veteran’s awards.  Some of them are quite useful.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    $120 a year per account vice $156 a year , both ways gets you a veteran reward but it saves you $36 a year.
    Playing the 90 day game can lose you your house and all the contents in it and as it is now all your vet rewards contained in it and your account does not age during that off time.  It something happens like internet down, emergency or other acts of GOD could lose you every thing.  Auto pay will prevent you from losing your account as long as you have a valid CC that has not expired on the account.

Auto pay 6 mo = saved money and piece of mind that your account will be there when you want it.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    I still remember buying a lot of boxes of Samurai Empire as each new account comes with free soulstone. Same with Age of Shadows for the Shroud of Shadows. Other developers still offer special items for new game launch sign-up.

I think upfront reward is a good, and a different carrot than vet reward. Don't under estimate the power of time. 12 months time does not equate to $120. Money does not buy time.

Just to add what I mean... Vet reward is $120 + 12 months of waiting time. We need to pay priceless time at this age when we are all senior citizens. How much time I have, I am not even sure but I know if I can afford $60 for next 6 months.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    The last big bonus we got was the %20 storage from High Seas and why did EA stop selling the combo pack Char Slot + %20 Storage?  The min those hit the store I bought two for my 2 Main accounts, I have keep a 3rd open for so long that if they offered the package I would buy one but I will not buy the separate packages, dumb move on EAs part.
    Was just looking at that.  Agree 20% increase for $20 is way over priced for my Malas house.  Would pay the $20 for the extra storage and the extra character though.  
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I've been 'locked in' to this game for over 20 years now. I don't need a financial incentive to stay, I stay because of the enjoyment I get from playing it and from the daily interaction with the friends I've made all over the world along the way.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    I've been 'locked in' to this game for over 20 years now. I don't need a financial incentive to stay, I stay because of the enjoyment I get from playing it and from the daily interaction with the friends I've made all over the world along the way.

It's not about staying.. we are staying for sure. I have 3 fully active, and one on 3 monthly renewal. Just asking for reason to keep 4th open. The first 3 is for houses, and also spellweaving mastery.

Off topic: But recently it appears event monsters are getting immune to WOD... So may be no need for so many accounts if I can forgo a house.

P.s. alot of chat here are just feedback. It doesn't matter if it will happen but players need a place to air their thoughts.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Believe EA considers this game a cash cow supported by those that have been playing for many years.  As long as that player base exists so will the game.  Glad to see EA shows some consideration for long term players.  Went to the EA site to check on a UO game code price.  Did not see UO advertised with other games on that site, and could not find a search feature this time to search for UO.  Believe only those current and past players that already know where to look for UO can find it on that site.  Took me awhile but I finally found it.  
    Don’t see any attempt by EA or UO to advertise this game to non players.  Looking at the small team managing the game really can’t see how they can do much more than to maintain UO’s current status.  Enjoy the game while you have it.

edited March 2021
    Arnold7 said:
    Believe EA considers this game a cash cow supported by those that have been playing for many years.  As long as that player base exists so will the game.  Glad to see EA shows some consideration for long term players.  Went to the EA site to check on a UO game code price.  Did not see UO advertised with other games on that site, and could not find a search feature this time to search for UO.  Believe only those current and past players that already know where to look for UO can find it on that site.  Took me awhile but I finally found it.  
    Don’t see any attempt by EA or UO to advertise this game to non players.  Looking at the small team managing the game really can’t see how they can do much more than to maintain UO’s current status.  Enjoy the game while you have it.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/browse?fq=developer:mythic-entertainment

All 15 things DAoC/UO related.  I have this page booked marked.
    Thanks.  I made it a favorite.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    edited April 2021
    The cash discount also happens with WoW's 6 month sub, along with the extra mount which btw seems to change every half year. Blizzard know their business.

Being UO a MMO with so many collectors, I think this model (properly marketed) would be a good inspiration to follow. I love your suggestion OP but I don't see it happening.

• They should make an adjustment on the 180 day offering. It is the same price as the 6 month cost, but less days.  I purchased 180 as a hedge in case there was a cash flow issue at the normal renewal time. I did not want to chance a disruption just as vet rewards are due
  • MarcusMarcus Posts: 16
    What blizzard does is kind of a brilliant scam.

They boost their subscription totals while locking you in to a 6 month subscription and then hope you have your account set to automatically renew. There is a reason you don't get the same reward for applying 6 months of gametime codes.