No way to tell who is developer/moderator/administrator

There is currently no special color naming or identification of posts made by developers/administrators/moderators.

Comments

• Nope. Might also be why the Dev Feed isn't tracking yet.

And one poster is using the name Administrator. Looks like some name restrictions are going to be added.

First day. Gotta work the kinks out. Figured name restrictions would be in at launch though.

I shoulda' gone with JCtheBuilder. ;)

-Arroth
  • The person with the name administrator is actually an administrator.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited February 2018
    Or maybe they are a mystical llama herder.............ooohhhhh
    -Arroth
  • Administrator is a reserved system name, and was the first one setup under the Vanilla Forums install.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • BAD_NAMEBAD_NAME Posts: 5
    Fyi, i'm just a regular player.
    I used the "Administrator" pseudo, thinking that there would be a check or confirmation before creating the forum account...

If it's a problem, just delete it :)

• BAD_NAMEBAD_NAME Posts: 5
    This is a good example, how Broadsword deals with your security.
    Cordially. Have a good day.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I used the "Administrator" pseudo, thinking that there would be a check or confirmation before creating the forum account...

There was a Lord British on launch day too, so this doesn't surprise me. As to who's a Mod etc, give them time. Someone has already self glossed themselves as one, so the others will Out themselves too soon enough.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    BAD_NAME said:

I see that your Administrator post has changed to BAD_NAME. That's funny. Did you choose that, or did it get assigned? You should just leave it that way and you can be BAD_NAME from now on!
    -Arroth
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    edited March 2018
    lol
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    Yeah I agree that there needs to be a comprehensive list of admins and mods of these forums.  Or at least some easy way of identifying them without clicking everyone's usernames. According to the TOS....
    "
    1. If you have a problem with any particular user, Please send a PM to one of the moderators.
    2. Complaints: We take pride in our forum. However there may be times where some of our members or guests may feel upset. If this is the case please send the Admin a pm clearly stating what you are upset about. If you can take a screenshot to back up your claim then please do. Anyone found to be abusing the complaint system will have action taken against them."
    Thats hard to do When we don't know who to message =( .

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 13
    Garth_Grey said: Someone has already self glossed themselves as one, so the others will Out themselves too soon enough.
    I think they are all "outed" now since we have shiny new "moderator" labels by our names and the developers have a "dev" label.   Hope it helps and "Thank You" to the forum IT person.  :)