Are there only six developers working on Ultima Online?

I was watching the first video introducing the new classic shard.  There were six people in the call.  Are there really only six people developing the game right now?

Comments

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Yes.

1 Producer
    1 Designer
    1 Engineer
    1 QA
    2 artists

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2021
    Jim “Onifrk” Crawley,
    Greg "Kyronix" Havlusch,
    Stephen "Bleak" Brown,
    Michael "Misk" Armstrong,
    Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong,
    Levitica

• GalluccioGalluccio Posts: 77
    Wow... how can they get anything done with such a small team?

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Actually only two.
    I have been told repeatedly that Mesanna doesn't code.
    Not real sure what Misk does, tbh
    Bleak and Kyronix are the mules doing the work.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 187
    Galluccio said:

umm they dont, great example is vender search
  • MedeaMedea Posts: 9
    edited March 2021
    So... what is your issue?
    Play? Don't play?
    Play your stupid tablet games anyone plays? (like Fo****te, the game as stupid as anyone has nowadays?)

Sure. Pay or don't pay. It is really getting on my nerves.

It is your own decisions to play or not to.

Where's the issue?

It is your free decision, don't complain if you can't decide.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,794
    Misk is the tester.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    Galluccio said:

A lot of blood, sweat, and tears buoyed by the thanks of a devoted fan base.  
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Kyronix said:
    Galluccio said:

Why did that statement make me picture all 6 of you huddled on the ground being beaten and kicked by the 'devoted fan base'? Is that the true origin of the blood,sweat, and tears?
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    @Kyronix is clearly a masochist   :D
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Marge said:
    Kyronix said:
    Galluccio said:

Why did that statement make me picture all 6 of you huddled on the ground being beaten and kicked by the 'devoted fan base'? Is that the true origin of the blood,sweat, and tears?
     :D  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    I think that is the misconception.

We are not "kicking" the team when asking for some bugs to be fixed. If the game is better - hopefully everyone will be happier, more players will stay (or rejoin), or the game can attract new players, etc. With that it means more revenue which will allow the team to expand.

Look at the long overdue list of bugs, or compare the graphics to modern games. Suppose someone willing to pump in funds for a huge marketing campaign, will it attract new players to stay?

This is not a troll. I am discussing a real issue here, and I am still playing the game with active accounts. This is the only game we played for 20 over years and still playing no matter what we complain about (for the good of the game's future). All of you still reading and writing on this forum cares about this.

*Back to playing the game, login!*
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited March 2021
    Seth said:
    I think that is the misconception.

We are not "kicking" the team when asking for some bugs to be fixed. If the game is better - hopefully everyone will be happier, more players will stay (or rejoin), or the game can attract new players, etc. With that it means more revenue which will allow the team to expand.

Look at the long overdue list of bugs, or compare the graphics to modern games. Suppose someone willing to pump in funds for a huge marketing campaign, will it attract new players to stay?

This is not a troll. I am discussing a real issue here, and I am still playing the game with active accounts. This is the only game we played for 20 over years and still playing no matter what we complain about (for the good of the game's future). All of you still reading and writing on this forum cares about this.

*Back to playing the game, login!*
    Sadly I would say you are misinformed.  BS gets a check from EA to maintain/improve DAoC and UO and unless BS had some agreement in the contract to get a share of the real money EA collects from subs and sells from Origin (EA owned) then BS is stuck with a set amount of money so in order to expand UO team could mean cutting DAoC team and if you go to this page http://www.broadsword.com/about.html there are 21 people listed with no job titles but some we know these 8 so that leaves so 13 unknowns

Rob Denton BS BOSS
    Collin Viteri 90% DAoC BOSS
    Jim “Onifrk” Crawley  UO ART
    Greg "Kyronix" Havlusch   UO DEV
    Stephen "Bleak" Brown   UO DEV
    Michael "Misk" Armstrong   UO QA
    Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong   UO BOSS LADY
    ????? "Levitica" ?????   UO ART name unknown

LOGS IN to also play because it is what it is and it is still fun.
  • SC_UO2021SC_UO2021 Posts: 18
    How about we remove UO Boss Lady as she seems to do nothing short of saying to players that they won’t do anything about scripting, remove QA as the stuff we get is definitely first run anyway till it hits TC and remove the current programmer/designer and hire two new ones; cause, anyone that came up with NL really shouldn’t have a job when the main game needs so much work. It’s like they are literally afraid to put much needed changes into the main game. 
    I think Tori is the artist.  They are in the first NL video chat.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    edited March 2021
    @SC_UO2021
    I don't think any of your suggested changes would do much to achieve whatever goal you are after.  We also like to keep the discussion elevated to constructive and actionable feedback here.  Hyperbole that ends with you deciding we should all lose our jobs aims a bit short of that mark.
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    @ SC_UO2021
    I don't think any of your suggested changes would do much to achieve whatever goal you are after.  We also like to keep the discussion elevated to constructive and actionable feedback here.  Hyperbole that ends with you deciding we should all lose our jobs aims a bit short of that mark.
    Please don't feed the Trolls.  Let @Mariah use her net on those.

Its just disrespectful to tell others they should lose their job.

Should give them 3 days off IMO.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    The team may be small in size, but very large in heart and dedication...in my most humble opinion anyway. 

I am enjoying the new dynamic events, look forward to more global/storyline type events, love the St. Patrick's day gift! They didn't have to do that....but they did.

Sometimes big things come in small packages.

Glad to have the team that we have.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited March 2021
    SC_UO2021 said:
    How about we remove UO Boss Lady as she seems to do nothing short of saying to players that they won’t do anything about scripting, remove QA as the stuff we get is definitely first run anyway till it hits TC and remove the current programmer/designer and hire two new ones; cause, anyone that came up with NL really shouldn’t have a job when the main game needs so much work. It’s like they are literally afraid to put much needed changes into the main game. 

For the record, I think all of that is uncalled for, and I really appreciate the difficult job you are doing Dev team.

I may not always agree with what you do, but in general I am not so bothered about many of the so-called issues. Some stuff gets to me for sure. Overall, really enjoying the content and the game - Thank you :)

Kyronix said:
    @ SC_UO2021
    WOW Now that was about as close to a Wilki, for those that remember him, answer as you can get, he just would not have been that nice about it but we all know the meaning.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    OK. Asked, answered and then that happened.
This discussion has been closed.