So what is NEW to actually DO in publish 110?

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited March 2021 in Test Center
From what I see is NOTHING other than claiming stuff and buying stuff.

• Vet rewards only apply if you want to claim one. As far as gameplay goes nothing new here.
  • Black Market rewards - again, nothing new if you already have points (ie I have over 3mil already and most of my allies are the same), if not you are doing the same old same old beacons to get the points.  So as far as gameplay goes, nothing new here.  Just an addition to what  you can claim.
  • Store Items.  As far as gameplay goes, nothing to 'do' here unless you want to spend MORE money to changing an existing item.
This: 

Dynamic Events Rewards

These will become available via various Dynamic Events throughout the year.

• Wildfire Ostard Statuette

well no information on  how that will be obtained but it only applies to Tamers.  Not sure what your reward will be if you aren't? 

Frankly I don't see anything NEW to do in this publish.   Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is not really new content just  more stuff.   Is all 'new' content being put into New Legacy at the expense of providing new content on live shards? 

When will the 'Dynamic' Events be scheduled and what of rewards for non tamers? Will it be a rehash of ..................   'of the......( insert name here)'  ?

If so please advise, we have already had about 3-4 of this type of 'dynamic' event.  I am really wanting to know if we can expect anything NEW such as new craftables, new dungeons, new wearables, new rewards added to existing encounters, new PERMANENT content at all?

Is there anything NEW TO DO in this publish?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    the Pirate in Buccaner's Den at the Black Market has, in his inventory, a Hook's Treasure Map that cost 150k doubloons.

The Map hints at a valuable Treasure to be found but hints that, in order to decode it, the Treasure Hunter is required to first aquire reputation as a famed Artifact Hunter.

My grandest hope is that this is the start of some great and fun new content for Treasure Hunting!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    popps said:
    the Pirate in Buccaner's Den at the Black Market has, in his inventory, a Hook's Treasure Map that cost 150k doubloons.

The Map hints at a valuable Treasure to be found but hints that, in order to decode it, the Treasure Hunter is required to first aquire reputation as a famed Artifact Hunter.

My grandest hope is that this is the start of some great and fun new content for Treasure Hunting!

Doesn't seem to be mentioned in the publish notes.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    That could be because this is 'release 1'. In past publishes the more interesting parts have come later
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    It was said last year that the Devs were going to focus most of their efforts on NL shard and wouldn't be spending time on the live shards for "massive overhauls" and this was echoed by Kyronix again in the thread about "low hanging fruit" (he said there wouldn't be a major overhaul to crafting). They also said that the main reason they introduced the dynamic system was because it would allow them to easily activate "content" going forward to allow them to focus on NL. 

So to answer your question, no the publish itself doesn't have "new content" because what you can/should expect while NL is being developed will almost certainly be the dynamic event cookie cutter style content (ie either "treasures of" or "champ spawn"); the publish rather has rewards (aka "new stuff") for those type of events along with Black Market which utilizes the Rising Tides content from 2019 (again not "new" content).

As for when to expect it, in the NLS Newsletter #5 they gave a timeline of live shard events (content) which starts in March with "A Pirates Life" and have 3 more themes in the following months. I'd assume Pirates Life would start in a week or 2 to keep it in accordance with the March timeline.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    The roadmap this year was already announced, I doubt they would pop up a new land mass/major expansion suddenly in an upcoming publish without mentioning a single thing at the beginning of the year. The NL shard should be a "major" event, but ping-wise it should benefit US players more due to server location.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:
    That could be because this is 'release 1'. In past publishes the more interesting parts have come later
    @Mariah

Well, considering that the "soon to come" Event is named "a Pirate's Life", one would imagine, and see fit, that Hook's Treasure Map being sold at the Black Market for 150,000 Doubloons would be part of this March Event.....

Pirate's Life Event --> Hook'sTreasure Map..... see the connection there ?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I agree - and details will quite likely become clear later in the publish.
  • SC_UO2021SC_UO2021 Posts: 18
    Wildfire Ostard only applies to tamers that PvP. It’s not strong enough to be viable for PvM. They really need to buff it to at least 8500-9000 intensity. Poison is also passive so it won’t gain unless you train a poison skill and vicious bite does not count? 

This publish was extremely weak and it’s cause of the wasted time on NL, and no one else s excited about NL. They want it to be the thing that attracts new players, but they haven’t even updated the website in three years. Fix the current game and stop trying to replace it, and then work to push it to the masses. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    SC_UO2021 said:
    Wildfire Ostard only applies to tamers that PvP. It’s not strong enough to be viable for PvM. They really need to buff it to at least 8500-9000 intensity. Poison is also passive so it won’t gain unless you train a poison skill and vicious bite does not count? 

This publish was extremely weak and it’s cause of the wasted time on NL, and no one else s excited about NL. They want it to be the thing that attracts new players, but they haven’t even updated the website in three years. Fix the current game and stop trying to replace it, and then work to push it to the masses. 

This update include items that favors PVP, which are the Ostard (Bane alternative) and Hook's Shield. I think its fair since PVMers have good items from the Deceit Treasures already.

The Dev team also delivered what they promised last year when they said they will be adding new items to the Bucs reward. I thought this will come after NL but they managed to squeeze it into this publish.

We should not say NL is wasted time unless its rolled out and tested.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited March 2021
    SC_UO2021 said:
    This publish was extremely weak and it’s cause of the wasted time on NL, and no one else s excited about NL.

Actually, the entirety of the publish cycle was spent working on live, as we talked about in the livestream. We are now just gearing back up to continue work on UO: NL. It's fine that you aren't excited for UO: NL, it's not for everyone. But asserting that no one else is excited for it just isn't true. Certainly not from the reception we've seen since the announcement.

Fix the current game and stop trying to replace it, and then work to push it to the masses. 

Feel free to offer suggestions for changes to meet your definition of "fixing the current game". That means a lot of things to a lot of people. Constructive feedback can go a long way!