Account security - linking to UO account

2»

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    I too find it concerning that these forums are directly linked to our master accounts, though I doubt the forum's backend stores our user credentials. Hopefully, there is something like a "user is authorized" property after registration - though I'd feel more secure if we could change our forum passwords to something else...

Most of EA's "hacking" woes relate to Pogo and Origin, revolving around credit card fraud. It wasn't just stolen cards, but purchases being made on user's accounts with the end product(s) going to someone else - this was mainly focused on FIFA.

As ridiculous as it sounds, EA/Origin also has a serious problem with randomly charging people's cards from other countries for their UO accounts. Most bank's fraud alerts go off when this happens and they sometimes block the charges (or charge back) which tends to cause EA to myopically ban the account for their own malfeasance. 

If UO didn't have enough problems. It has it's own Arch Enemy as well. :*
    -Arroth
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    As ridiculous as it sounds, EA/Origin also has a serious problem with randomly charging people's cards from other countries for their UO accounts. Most bank's fraud alerts go off when this happens and they sometimes block the charges (or charge back) which tends to cause EA to myopically ban the account for their own malfeasance. 
    This is the main reason I swapped to using gametime codes rather than running the monthly sub.