Can throwers have more love (or less hatred) from developers?

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    KHAN said:

It's actually only 55 SSI and 210 Stamina (unless something has changed recently). I have a Garg thrower/Tamer that uses soul glaives. She started out life as an archer/tamer. But I made her a gargoyle because I can also move at mounted speed, with a 5 slot pet fighting. 
    Oops I didn't check lower SSI, that's what I have.

55 SSI 210 gets max speed for composite and Sould glaive.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2021

211 Stamina.

Myself and my GM have gone round in circles on whether it is 210 or 211, I've given in, and agree with him it's 211. :)

edited February 2021
    Kyronix said:
    Looking over the notes from the Treasures rewards thread I don’t recall any specific gargie stuff, and I’m not saying we’re going to Ter Mur buuuut might make sense to have some gargie stuff.  Especially after we meet, well... You’ll see. :)

Thanks for this @kyronix.

The SSI Epaulettes you released in Treasures of Deceit went down a storm! They were an item that just didn't exist all round, but especially helped Gargoyles towards that magic 55 Dex 211 Stam figure they are all after to make the max out of their soul glaives.

On the warrior side, I have a 3 parry throwers who are ok to get close up- who love boomerangs for the speed and a non parry thrower, which loves soul glaives especially for their specials.

And that's an issue, there are only 2 types of usable weapon (for pvm, and 1 for pvp). The cyclone is hardly usable, as it's specials don't achieve anything much, it's range is neither one nor the other.

In the thread requesting ideas for future rewards, I listed 2 types of shield/or mage off-hand. The warrior version of that shield, would be a dream piece of equipment for my 3 Parry Gargoyles (mine and my 2 sons), usable in pvp and pvm. The mage version of that shield, I have at least 3 elf pvp mages begging for that shield, and 1 gargoyle parry mystic.

But truthfully, me with my Parry Gargs, is quite an unusual build I think, but I'm loving it, the speed and durability are fun. I'm looking for toughness on top of max throwing speed (which is easier to attain with a boomerang), as well as a selection of boomerang weapons.

Most Throwers don't have parry, and go with Chivalry maybe, and just want a decent selection of soul glaives, and the ability to throw them fast enough.

Also like Pawain said - Necklace and Earrings, they are hard to get good pieces for.

Me personally - I have real issues with lootable rings and bracelets, I suggested a ring and bracelet set for casters and warriors in that thread, that again would fix half my issues, that all my characters would like. They would be a bit like the clean-up reward set, novo blue/etoile whatever - but they are geared for pvm with the high luck. Mine would be more pvp biased I guess.

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited February 2021
    Pawain said:
    Hardest to find really nice necklace and earrings.  The other pieces are easy to find and vendors they sell garg armor cheaper than others.
    My Throwers use the Garg Earring variation of the Mace & Shields from Blackthorn's Dungeon. Good necklaces are definitely a problem though.

Vladimir said:
    This topic is a perfect example, It is very hard to make a Garg suit, I think that Exodus is the only few places that drop some decent pieces, crafting garg pieces is a nightmare, convert existent human pieces into garg is another nightmare, some pieces work, some not, only few pieces facing some sort of direction and not other?? I mean why???

Stygian Dragon drops a buttload of Gargoyle Gear, but you gotta have some good Luck for them to be Legendary Artifacts. Medusa as well.
    When my guild does them for a hunt, i let everyone hit my Luck Sculpture so that it boosts the loot. Stygian Dragon is super easy to get keys for, and so long as he sticks to my Frost Mite, we can kill him within 1-2 minutes. If he runs all over though, he's a nightmare.

My Throwers use the Garg Earring variation of the Mace & Shields from Blackthorn's Dungeon. Good necklaces are definitely a problem though.

Stygian Dragon drops a buttload of Gargoyle Gear, but you gotta have some good Luck for them to be Legendary Artifacts. Medusa as well.
    When my guild does them for a hunt, i let everyone hit my Luck Sculpture so that it boosts the loot. Stygian Dragon is super easy to get keys for, and so long as he sticks to my Frost Mite, we can kill him within 1-2 minutes. If he runs all over though, he's a nightmare.

Agreed on the Mace and Shield, I use these.

We as a guild do Medusa a lot (up to 20 runs a session), I've never seen any decent gargoyle gear, or legendries on her. Stygian Dragon I cannot comment on, as I rarely do it.

Most Garg gear comes from Roof I guess, in my experience.

For me though, it would be nice to see some other avenues of obtaining gear, and a broader range of gear to find.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited February 2021
    Cookie said:

For me though, it would be nice to see some other avenues of obtaining gear, and a broader range of gear to find.

To find good Gargoyle armour and jewellery in Treasure Maps and Fishing Chests, and not just in Ter Mur, could be a good place to start from, to my opinion....
  • looploop Posts: 301
    Ultimately, Gargoyles and the approach to races is flawed by design. It's a design that creates debt:

1. For every useful reward, there needs to be a Gargoyle version.
    2. For new content, Gargoyle loot needs to be considered.
    3. For old content, we have to ask whether a Gargoyle can benefit from it and, if not, whether it's worth the time to make it so.

So we can say 'add throwing weapons and Gargoyle gear to X content,' but it doesn't solve the real problem.

They should just remove all race restrictions from gear and skills and make all gear types available everywhere. Or make all gear alterable - perhaps applying some sort of conversion penalty to bows to account for the fact that it's now one-handed.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited February 2021
    Slasher of Veils also drops an asinine amount of Gargoyle Gear, which can be pretty good Legendaries with some Luck. Don't even have to key for him, and he respawns almost instantly. He's a total pain in the ass to kill though.

His screenwide Stun+close quarters Boulder Barrage will drop most melee and pets (unless they have Consume Damage running), and he has an ability he uses against pets that cuts through all resistances and damage mitigation, and deals a % of their Max Health in damage. Gotta be running Consume Damage on the pet while having another person spam Greater Heal/Cleansing Winds to keep the pet alive. He's easiest if you lure him into the Hell Hound spawn, and let him fight them as you beat on him with Archers/Throwers utilizing Demon Slayers as he's discoed.
    Fighting him inside the Abbatoir room does NOT weaken him unlike what UOGuide says, and if you kill him, he'll near instantly respawn in there and you won't get the opportunity to loot the one you just killed before he's on you again.