Necro summoned familiars won't attack enemies

Excerpt from the spell description:
Horde Minion
Abilities: decent combat assistant

Vampire Bat
Abilities: Any melee damage done by the bat converts to healing for the caster in an equal amount.

They never attack enemies no matter what's going on.

Other familiars won't attack enemies as well.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Are you sure?  I can honestly say that they do seem to attack whatever you are attacking. For instance, the death adder bites and poisons enemies. You never see this happen?
  • Yup. I've just double checked it with Vampire Bat and Horde Minion in Bedlam. They just were standing doing nothing.

I've tried:
    - attack monsters with magic
    - let monsters hit me
    - attack monsters with bare hands

With no luck.

Could you please tell me what you're doing in order to make it work?
  • I figured. It works only IF you're standing and sparring with monster. Totally useless for mage. The in game description should has more detailed description on how it works.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I figured. It works only IF you're standing and sparring with monster. Totally useless for mage. The in game description should has more detailed description on how it works.

Too bad that, the Necromancer seems to me to be first and foremost  a spellcaster, not a fighter...

This should definitively be fixed and permit the Summons to fight when summoned...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Always considered necro a support skill for fighters and mages.  Except for wither none of the other direct damage spells appear to be that useful in pvm.  If summons won’t fight for a mage, would a necro mage benefit from having negative karma?  Thought negative karma just made the shadow wisp summons more effective.