Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2020
    Aragorn said:
    Seth said:
    psycho said:
    The tablelegs were a big mistake,
    I expect them to be updated or removed.

Also if the item is shard bound (which I think all are) the description should say so.
    its about honesty, people see what they like in the menu and expect to get the item, getting a shard bound item instead is false advertising, its not nice.

That being said, Im all for shard bound, I think its good.

Again, fine for decor but not good for functional, wearable items which are useful as part of character template. I am tired of transferring to other shards to try and get one there. This means that my character template will only be effective on my main shard. It will never transfer to other shard for events, esp. when the shard bound new artifacts are now part of the permanent template.

I was looking forward to the 14-year for my 2nd account, but I think there is less motivation now.

I prefer account bound than shard bound for wearable. if you shard bound wearable you are also shard bounding your character. 
    Account bound means no selling and this, would help nothing the economy of the Lower Population Shards.

I am sorry but, to my opinion, Shard Bound is way better then Account Bound as it at least can help moving the economy of Low Population Shards.

What is only needed, is these Events with Shard Bound Rewards are let run for a longer time so that player may have the chance to get those Rewards on all of the Shards that they are interested in playing.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited December 2020
    popps said:
    Aragorn said:
    Seth said:
    psycho said:

Also if the item is shard bound (which I think all are) the description should say so.
    its about honesty, people see what they like in the menu and expect to get the item, getting a shard bound item instead is false advertising, its not nice.

Again, fine for decor but not good for functional, wearable items which are useful as part of character template. I am tired of transferring to other shards to try and get one there. This means that my character template will only be effective on my main shard. It will never transfer to other shard for events, esp. when the shard bound new artifacts are now part of the permanent template.

I was looking forward to the 14-year for my 2nd account, but I think there is less motivation now.

I prefer account bound than shard bound for wearable. if you shard bound wearable you are also shard bounding your character. 
    Account bound means no selling and this, would help nothing the economy of the Lower Population Shards.

I am sorry but, to my opinion, Shard Bound is way better then Account Bound as it at least can help moving the economy of Low Population Shards.

What is only needed, is these Events with Shard Bound Rewards are let run for a longer time so that player may have the chance to get those Rewards on all of the Shards that they are interested in playing.
    A few items can't be sold won't hurt the economy of a shard. You've got thousand of other items to trade, but even just one shard bound wearable will affect your suit and template, and therefore your decision to move to another shard or not. 

And your suggestion is not as simple as "just letting the event running longer", you are basically asking people to DOUBLE their grinding time if they are playing on 2 shards, and TRIPLE if they are playing on 3 shards etc.... in order to get the same gear on every shards before they can move their char freely between those shards. Why people are punished in this way just because they want to play on different shards with the same character? 
  • why not make each item a token similar to soulstones that can be freely traded amongst players regardless of shard but once the token is redeemed it becomes either shardbound or account bound. 
    edited December 2020
    Aragorn said:
    popps said:
    Aragorn said:
    Seth said:
    psycho said:

A few items can't be sold won't hurt the economy of a shard. You've got thousand of other items to trade, but even just one shard bound wearable will affect your suit and template, and therefore your decision to move to another shard or not. 

And your suggestion is not as simple as "just letting the event running longer", you are basically asking people to DOUBLE their grinding time if they are playing on 2 shards, and TRIPLE if they are playing on 3 shards etc.... in order to get the same gear on every shards before they can move their char freely between those shards. Why people are punished in this way just because they want to play on different shards with the same character? 
    Well, EM Events should NOT be a meter to direct Developers' changes, to my opinion...

Nor should be players will to "farm" on lowly populated Shards....

So, those set on a side, how many Shards can a player TRULY be willing to play in a way that means actually "participating" to that Shard's life ?

I do not think more then 2 Shards, at MOST three.....

I seriously doubt, SETTING ASIDE those 2 reasons I mentioned at the beginning of my post... that the "average" player might be able to "comprehensively" play more then 2, 3 at most Shards.

When Deceit was up with its Treasures of the Undead Lords, I heard of players getting multiple Epaulettes, and when I say multiple, I do not mean just 2, but quite several more....

Now, rather then getting them on 1 single Shard, that means to me that they could well get them on those 2, at most 3 Shards they they may play.....

And don't forget that, Gold can be FREELY moved across shards so, there is always the option to move Gold to that "other" Shard and BUY that wanted Shard Bound item that some other player actually got there thus helping that low population Shard's economy.....

Now, with Commission Vendors who have no daily fee, items can be placed on them up for sale indefinitively without worrying that they will cost a fortune if they along time to sell.... this has been a GREAT help for seeing stuff up on vendors on Low Population Shards....

Now, if ONLY the Developers where to permit Commission Vendors "also" for Private Houses, OR create a "Rental" Commission Vendor whereas the Landlord and the Vendor owner could agree upon a "set" number of Lockdowns permitted for that "Rental" Commission Vendor, that would even further more help the economy of those Low Population Shards, me thinks, since quite a good deal of players who would want to have Commission Vendors, do not want to set their House as Public and want to keep it as Private...

@Kyronix , @Bleak , could you please give a thought on making possible either Commission Vendors in Private Houses or create "rental" Commission Vendors ? Thanks !

Shard Bound is a blessing come true, for lowly populated Shards, I am much convinced.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:

Well, EM Events should NOT be a meter to direct Developers' changes, to my opinion...

Now should be players will to "farm" on lowly populated Shards....

So, those set on a side, how many Shards can a player TRULY be willing to play in a way that means actually "participating" to that Shard's life ?

I do not think more then 2 Shards, at MOST three.....

I seriously doubt, SETTING ASIDE those 2 reasons I mentioned at the beginning of my post... that the "average" player might be able to "comprehensively" play more then 2, 3 at most Shards.

When Deceit was up with its Treasures of the Undead Lords, I heard of players getting multiple Epaulettes, and when I say multiple, I do not mean just 2, but quite several more....

Now, rather then getting them on 1 single Shard, that means to me that they could well get them on those 2, at most 3 Shards they they may play.....

Regardless how many shards any player chooses to play, it is their choice and none of yours or my business. Its like what happens to Siege is none of my business, so I decided not to write further in that thread and risk affecting other's game.

Sorry I don't see how one item's shard bound will affect the global economy with already 1000s of items already non-shard bound, and character transfer tokens are 14 year rewards and also sold in the UO store.

What do you want? Ban Character Transfer forever?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    popps said:

Shard Bound is a blessing come true, for lowly populated Shards, I am much convinced.
    It is not.  Pretend you are a returning player.  You do these events and get rewards but you have no gold.  You spam in chat trying to sell these items.

The 15 players on your shard already have 5 of these items. You can not do anything with these items to make gold since you can not take them to the market place shard where you can sell everything.

You have no clue how UO works as proven by your ideas you post every day.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

It is not.  Pretend you are a returning player.  You do these events and get rewards but you have no gold.  You spam in chat trying to sell these items.

The 15 players on your shard already have 5 of these items. You can not do anything with these items to make gold since you can not take them to the market place shard where you can sell everything.

You have no clue how UO works as proven by your ideas you post every day.
    I totally disagree.

Besides the fact that by doing these Events the new or returning player "also" gets gold, besides the Rewards for points, there is also the issue that, even on a low population Shard, due to real life issues, not all of the players on that given Shard could be able to play that Event, necessarily.

This means that, whenever that player who missed that Event was to come back to play UO, he/she could have the necessity to buy that item which he missed.

And thus, the returning player could make the sell....

It could also be, that a player who did play the Event and got 1 of those Rewards, might need another for another character and, thus, would make it possible for the new or returning players to make their sale...

If instead, they were not Shard Bound, they would inevitably end up getting to Atlantic and hardly any would be findable on that Low Population Shard.

So I am sorry, but I insist on saying that Shard Bound items are a blessing come true for Low Population Shard, to my opinion.
    I'll let them know that they can buy 120 power scrolls for their pets after this event by collecting gold from corpses.  They could if they could sell those drops on a shard where they are needed.

The regulars on low population shards will have extra rewards to sell for years to come.  

Your cluelessness is alarming.

How is the returning play going to make enough gold by not being able to sell his drops when he needs to?
    I think Mervyn is still more constructive and makes sense. 

I seriously hope Dev do not listen to just one staunch supporter of shard bound arties. There are no one else defending this new concept. Only 1 player with super long posts...

Maybe the Dev gave up reading.... "
    okok please stop posting such long posts... I given u everything u want... pls stop posting"...
    @popps take your melee toon to Krampus see how that goes.  For years the events have been tamer and archer friendly.  Finally melee toons get some love and you can't handle it.

I have not used a melee toon this much in years.

Thanks Dvs for spreading the templates!
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142

50 turn ins  for the legs this pop up and a ladies voice that goes   ahha

For all curious who have not gotten their own set of table legs 

they are nice looking :)

edited December 2020
    Goldie said:

50 turn ins  for the legs this pop up and a ladies voice that goes   ahha

For all curious who have not gotten their own set of table legs 

they are nice looking :)

Probably in the next event there will be a unfinished table top reward, combining the 2 by learning the receipt you get in the next next event you will get a unique looking finished table! 
    omg I like that idea, next event one table top, then the next event a toy box, then the next event a tool to connect the 3 items, and the final event .......................... a key to open the box and finally you get to see what its all about  this chain of clues :)

Maybe a new unicorn :) to ride
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I have to be honest; the legs are a pretty big head scratcher for me given they are 50 points (second most expensive reward) and seem to just be decoration (that are exactly the same look as a fishing item).

One other thing I wish they would have done is make the talisman like the conjurer trinket (at least add the 20 DI / 10 HCI). With just 2 mods on it (one being ice serpent summoning) it's not something will stay in many builds outside of this event.

I understand they didn't want to do back to back rewards like ToD (as much as I wanted them to) but I think just adding a few mods to the tali would have at least made people look to make a useful addition to their suits.
    keven2002 said:
    I have to be honest; the legs are a pretty big head scratcher for me given they are 50 points (second most expensive reward) and seem to just be decoration (that are exactly the same look as a fishing item).

One other thing I wish they would have done is make the talisman like the conjurer trinket (at least add the 20 DI / 10 HCI). With just 2 mods on it (one being ice serpent summoning) it's not something will stay in many builds outside of this event.

I understand they didn't want to do back to back rewards like ToD (as much as I wanted them to) but I think just adding a few mods to the tali would have at least made people look to make a useful addition to their suits.

Yes, 50 drops for a table leg decor that looks like another (from fisherman?). It looks "Ok" but not worth 50 drops, at most 10 drops.
    Talisman is good if you do not have one.  But as said, it has no stats. My 29 exept tailor one is just as good and no points.  And If I want to have one with that shape, it is the tinker BOD talisman shape.

They should tell us if the leg is going to be used later.  Since it has the same name and look of an item already in the game.
  • Seems logical.....  Legs have been a Christmas tradition for quite some time....

hi ok after thinking and sleeping on it, that 50 turn ins for the table legs(which should be 10 turn ins ) was a bit of a curious thing I had to know but regret now.  Yes they look nice, but really the snowy hedges are a lot nicer i could have gotten 5 large ones kept 2 sold 3.   I was thinking some wheres inside my mind that maybe just maybe it was like a present box once opened was a really nice knights of the round table kind of thing in it.  Now that I would of spend 50 turn ins on knowing there was a present inside it,  which we didn't get this year.

Ok I just had to get this off my chest
    Thank you
    the table legs look "extra" ordinary.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited December 2020

Regarding the Spellbook - someone has said this before, but I cannot help agreeing with them.

The properties are really nicely balanced for sure - but the problem with those properties being on a book are twofold:

1. On a pvm mage you switch books quite a lot, mainly depending on Slayer type, or Max SDI you want to achieve, this book doesn't fit into that category, so is not so useful.

2. On a pvp mage, you don't really keep a book on, because you need potions, and even if you keep a book on, it will be disarmed, so you cannot rely on the properties on the book.

But as someone said, those properties, are 6 of the exact properties that almost every mage is looking for on their jewellery. It would take the Item above something that can be imbued, but below a full out Legendary that can have up to 8-14 wierd properties. At 6 really Balanced properties, this item would really suit a jewellery item for any mage.

This Item should have been a Ring, or a Bracelet.

I sort of feel, this item demonstrates lack of awareness for how mages are geared - again.

Now what I was really expecting, and what really should have happened....

They did the Undead Slayer 30% forTreasures of Deceit - logically, they could have made an entire set of flavoured Slayer Spellbooks from these Event Series, that matched the Invasion Spellbooks, but were obtainable for those players that could not achieve the Invasion books. If this Spellbook reward from this Event, was called Dragoni's Spellbook, and was a 30% Elemental, Demon, Repond or maybe best - Ice Slayer, it would have really fitted the theme, and the concept of collecting a set, at the Orc Dungeon you could then have the Repond etc.

The above is what I was really expecting, it would have been some really joined up thinking, I can't help feeling they've not joined up the dots again, when they have had such a good opportunity to do so.

Even at this stage - I would reroll out the rewards and adjust them to the below. @kyronix

Dragoni's Spellbook - a 30% Ice Slayer spellbook that matched the previous Treasures of Deceit spellbook, and would dovetail nicely with the Ice Slayer Talisman for Dexxers. It gives you a reward you don't have to think about for all the future events of this sort - just keep rolling the set out.

Dragoni's Ring, or Bracelet, with the exact current Spellbook properties. +20 Magery, 1FC, 3FCR, +25EP, +15SDI, +15DCI.

Just everything would be so much more balanced and logical.

for spell book, even better if it’s random slayer. then i have the motivation to keep doing it over and over again even we’ve only got 6 rewards where 5 of them people don’t really care about 
    Cookie said:

Regarding the Spellbook - someone has said this before, but I cannot help agreeing with them.

The properties are really nicely balanced for sure - but the problem with those properties being on a book are twofold:

1. On a pvm mage you switch books quite a lot, mainly depending on Slayer type, or Max SDI you want to achieve, this book doesn't fit into that category, so is not so useful.

2. On a pvp mage, you don't really keep a book on, because you need potions, and even if you keep a book on, it will be disarmed, so you cannot rely on the properties on the book.

But as someone said, those properties, are 6 of the exact properties that almost every mage is looking for on their jewellery. It would take the Item above something that can be imbued, but below a full out Legendary that can have up to 8-14 wierd properties. At 6 really Balanced properties, this item would really suit a jewellery item for any mage.

I sort of feel, this item demonstrates lack of awareness for how mages are geared - again.

They did the Undead Slayer 30% forTreasures of Deceit - logically, they could have made an entire set of flavoured Slayer Spellbooks from these Event Series, that matched the Invasion Spellbooks, but were obtainable for those players that could not achieve the Invasion books. If this Spellbook reward from this Event, was called Dragoni's Spellbook, and was a 30% Elemental, Demon, Repond or maybe best - Ice Slayer, it would have really fitted the theme, and the concept of collecting a set, at the Orc Dungeon you could then have the Repond etc.

The above is what I was really expecting, it would have been some really joined up thinking, I can't help feeling they've not joined up the dots again, when they have had such a good opportunity to do so.

Even at this stage - I would reroll out the rewards and adjust them to the below. @ kyronix

Dragoni's Spellbook - a 30% Ice Slayer spellbook that matched the previous Treasures of Deceit spellbook, and would dovetail nicely with the Ice Slayer Talisman for Dexxers. It gives you a reward you don't have to think about for all the future events of this sort - just keep rolling the set out.

Dragoni's Ring, or Bracelet, with the exact current Spellbook properties. +20 Magery, 1FC, 3FCR, +25EP, +15SDI, +15DCI.

I think a +20 sdi named bracelet with all the goodies like FC FCR LMC etc will be nice.
    Yup they should have followed the model from Deceit.  A 30% slayer book for Mobs in the dungeon, Another lore book deco item, then new items.

I collected over 800 Deceit items. I have 150 Ice items and not that interested in getting more.
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited December 2020
    This is a thrown together event. The only thing of val
    Pawain said:
    Yup they should have followed the model from Deceit.  A 30% slayer book for Mobs in the dungeon, Another lore book deco item, then new items.

I collected over 800 Deceit items. I have 150 Ice items and not that interested in getting more.
    I have 120. I was hoping they would add more rewards. I cannot even sell the drops. If I offered them for 10gold each I am sure then someone would buy them....
    Cookie said:

Even at this stage - I would reroll out the rewards and adjust them to the below. @ kyronix

I think it would have been more helpfull if it was a Talisman..... usable by spellcasters, of course....

edited December 2020

@popps As a talisman it has too many properties on it, whereas as jewellery, it is exactly what most mages are after in a balanced suit, and fits within the current power range perfectly.

@Pawain @Estel_Randir ;  -Yes I agree. I also collected 800 Deceit items, ok, it was a bit too much of a grind, but like you both say, this one has gone the other way, again, I think pretty much everyone feel's this. I've collected 2 items here - mainly because I've had Covid and just recovered - but this event goes on until 15th January - so we have time, and most of us have not stopped for Christmas yet, then we would usually get time off over Christmas to play for this.

@kyronix ; I would really suggest it is not too late to make this work a whole lot better.

I have no issues with the hedges as deco - they are quite cool, and the tear, and the talisman is a nice design, but they have messed up on the spellbook, the rewards really should be adjusted to fit the pattern, the concept and the balance of UO better. It would make the event a whole lot more popular I believe also - they could rescue this right now with some smart customer response.

Cookie said:

@ popps As a talisman it has too many properties on it, whereas as jewellery, it is exactly what most mages are after in a balanced suit, and fits within the current power range perfectly.

Well, there's Talismans for Warriors, of which the Enchantress Cameo only being one, which have quite comparable properties if not even better on a Talisman....

edited December 2020
    @Mariah - Can we have @popps comments removed/cleaned up? I woke up this morning to find that 3 of the 5 threads were closed because of him and now he's asking for something ridiculous and trying to debate about it (ie this is going down the same rabbit hole every other thread popps gets locked).
    @Cookie - You have a very valid point on the spellbook being like the slayer one from Deceit. That would allow people who missed out on getting all the slayers from the invasion a chance to work towards one. I'd agree it would likely be Ice Slayer (rather than element since there is also Repond/Reptile down there).

I think the 1/3 casting jewelry would certainly be nice but honestly think this will be harder to get simply because Devs are worried about power creep (at least I think). 
    keven2002 said:
    @ Cookie - You have a very valid point on the spellbook being like the slayer one from Deceit. That would allow people who missed out on getting all the slayers from the invasion a chance to work towards one. I'd agree it would likely be Ice Slayer (rather than element since there is also Repond/Reptile down there).

I think the 1/3 casting jewelry would certainly be nice but honestly think this will be harder to get simply because Devs are worried about power creep (at least I think). 

Hi Kevin,

Noted on both points, completely agree re the Ice Slayer book. I also think the chance to collect a set of named themed spellbooks, is a really collectable thing to go for also.

Re the jewellery - yes I agree and understand, but I think this is built in re the powercreep, and fits 100% perfectly. Imbued items come in at 5 properties. This item would come in at 6 properties. The best Stygian Abyss artifacts come in at say 6 x useful properties ie = what this would be. Legendary items can come in more or less powerful - ie they are 8 to 14 (Legacy) properties, that are completely random, you can get something completely overpowered, or not.

So my point is, I think this item as Jewellry, would fit in at that exact sweet spot that makes it a. a really useful desirable item but b. not overpowered in the current powerscale - in fact, it would place it in the exact correct spot.