Imbuing Strategies

I am new to imbuing and would like to eventually imbue a kick ass suit for my mage.  The goal is to have max luck, max spell damage increase, max lower mana cost, max mana regeneration, max mana increase, max faster cast recovery, max faster casting, max hit point regeneration, and as much resistances as possible without sacrificing the magic stuff. 

What are some strategies I could employ to make my dream suit?

Tagged:

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    TimSt said:

I am new to imbuing and would like to eventually imbue a kick ass suit for my mage.  The goal is to have max luck, max spell damage increase, max lower mana cost, max mana regeneration, max mana increase, max faster cast recovery, max faster casting, max hit point regeneration, and as much resistances as possible without sacrificing the magic stuff. 

To be honest if that is the suit you want imbuing won’t help you.

Max Luck and Max SDI don’t go together.  Most SDI armor pieces are artifacts and don’t have luck on them and the best luck pieces (loot or crafted) can’t have SDI on them.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited April 2018

Good to know about max luck and max SDI.  What changes if I skip the luck and go for SDI?  If it matters I do count rings and bracelets as part of the suit.  I have a Legendary tailor and blacksmith and a GM tinker so crafting is not an issue.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    TimSt said:

You can have all of that.  Except the luck part. Your only luck will be from the 10th anniv statue.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited April 2018
    TimSt said:

Good to know about max luck and max SDI.  What changes if I skip the luck and go for SDI?  If it matters I do count rings and bracelets as part of the suit.  I have a Legendary tailor and blacksmith and a GM tinker so crafting is not an issue.

You cannot craft SDI on any suit piece except jewelry, so a max SDI suit is basically all artifacts.  Even the braclet for max SDI (18) needs to be looted since you can't imbue that high.  I believe the only slot left that does not have an SDI artifact piece is gloves, so technically you could craft those, however I find when I do my suits that I need resists that seem to be best from legendary armor then enhanced with a forged metal tool (so there is the single use for a crafter making SDI suit).
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    if i were making an sdi suit, id use shcolar's halo, cuffs of the archemage (craftable btw), possibly enchanted kelp woven leggings.  I wouldnt use protector of the battlemage or pendant of the magi becuase they dont have enough sdi for the stats tradeoff.  Fill in the rest with legendaries, or imbued.  imbued 12 sdi jewels untill you can find better prized or clean 15/18 sdi global loot ones.

If you wanted to fit in some luck, maybe get 150luck minax sandles and 140luck conjurers garb, with 1 reforged / enhanced 190 luck imbued, or a luck legendary.

i dont value luck much, unless your farming low level stuff.  when your with a group the luck check is based off the highest damager, who probably isnt going to be wearing luck.  Only thing its going to effect is solo-play.  if you look at how luck works, having 200 to 600 luck for solo play is "worth it" for me.  other than that the suits just lacking too many important stats.  Killing stuff faster, looting more, is going to give you more chances for the rng hit right.