Dec 1st, where's my Holiday token?

13»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    From what I understand they stopped the snow/rain because it supposedly caused lag. I also remember when it was winter (snow would fall instead of rain) they would also change the terrain to have some snow patches on it; I remember it was always outside of my house and would be changed back to grass around March. I'm assuming they stopped doing that when they stopped the snow on the screen?
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    keven2002 said:
    From what I understand they stopped the snow/rain because it supposedly caused lag. I also remember when it was winter (snow would fall instead of rain) they would also change the terrain to have some snow patches on it; I remember it was always outside of my house and would be changed back to grass around March. I'm assuming they stopped doing that when they stopped the snow on the screen?

Lag? I have a suggestion to reduce Lag: eliminate EVERY animation, color, graphic difference between sprites, fore and background: make the screen all of a single color.

I'm sure in this way there will be at least a little less Lag. Not much less, I agree, but maybe enough for those Pentium with CC users that seems to form the bulk of Laggers... B)

On a more serious note about Lag: the option "Do NOT load the content of the Custom Public Houses until one enter them" AAMOF has the effect to INCREASE the Lag in places as Luna... :D

• I just came back and subbed after being gone for years. I was really looking forward to the Christmas gift this year and I must say it is sorely disappointing to have one of my favorite things in UO absent for seemingly no reason. How hard is it to recycle code and put out gift bags with things you guys have already programmed into the game? This just says the dev team is severely disconnected with the players. Especially if this lack of attention is because they are working on a new shard.

Unimpressed. Waiting on a better game to release and UO is going to struggle to keep people like me around if their roadmap to the future is ‘new shard’. How about making treasure hunting worthwhile or work on new content instead of making a fresh version of all the old stuff?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    People like you who stopped subbing since likely last year this same time? I'm not sure they feel as if losing a customer like that is that big of a deal... sorry  :/