Login Error

Anyone else getting this error message repeatedly when attempting to log in? It happens to me on both the Classic Client and Enhanced Client, both of which are fully patched. Been happening for at least two weeks now. It took me 53 attempts to log in earlier....incredibly irritating.

Comments

• Have you tried doing a full file check on the patcher. And also verify your time is correct on your computer. I have had no issues with logging in but seem to remember having the issue a couple of years ago and that was what resolved it for me. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Do you use a VPN? I use a VPN for Netflix and when I forget to disconnect I will sometimes get those messages. 
  • WappyWappy Posts: 2
    I am having this exact issue right now, but it takes me about 10 times to log in.  I didn't play for a couple of months, then I updated my clients.  And I can't hardly ever log in.

I installed UO on my sons computer and I can login everytime on his computer.

uninstalled UO and deleted folder, and re-installed and I still can't login very often. 

No I don't use a VPN on this computer,
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Wappy said:
    I am having this exact issue right now, but it takes me about 10 times to log in.  I didn't play for a couple of months, then I updated my clients.  And I can't hardly ever log in.

I installed UO on my sons computer and I can login everytime on his computer.

uninstalled UO and deleted folder, and re-installed and I still can't login very often. 

No I don't use a VPN on this computer,
    Turn off your virus program and try to log in.

Every issue I have with a game not loading has been the virus program not allowing it.

I don't have patience. I would not go a day with this issue.  Try to make the virus program accept it, next get a new virus program, next buy a new PC. I have not had to buy a new PC in years.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I was able to fix this by using a VPN. Having a VPN active allowed me to connect every time. Nowadays though, i can connect without using the VPN.
  • WappyWappy Posts: 2
    So I found out logging on my son's computer was a fluke. It would take 10 times on his as well.

I used a VPN for a couple of weeks to play UO.  But I figured it out it was my router.  Plex stopped working outside my network as well and while debugging it I learned about a feature called UPnP I found it in the menu and it had plex going to the wrong internal IP address.  So I toggled the feature off and on, and poof Plex started working outside my network.

Then I'm like humm wondering if UO works without a VPN.  And yep it works fine now.  So I don't know if everyone's issue is UPnP but I bet it's a router issue anyway.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I don't use VPN.  What am I missing?  I thought it is for people downloading movies or music illegally.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    I don't use VPN.  What am I missing?  I thought it is for people downloading movies or music illegally.

There's ping lowering gaming vpn services. It allows you to play any server at native pings or better. It really does make the game feel smoother. 

There's also paranoid people that mask every action they do on the internet. They constantly live with a vpn.