Melee fighter, where to go next?

Been a long time since i played realtivley activley (15 or so years?) and i am a bit lost with itemstats etc.
So i am trying to run a fella with the following skills
Chiv
Bushido
Swords
Tacs
Anat
Heal
Parry

Now I am not below 100 in alls kills other than Swords, Tactics and anatomy atm. Question is, how do i go about making my character more survivable? I have 70 physical resist but things like ogrelords 2 shot me etc. Is it even possible to go higher with this build? Or am i stuck. It is a realy fun build to play so i don't want to go Sampire. Is there a stat or so i should look for on items that increese mele dmg resists or dmg absorb or something?

Atm my old time tamer that isn't even 100 taming can do bigger mobs (not expeting to solo all the biggest of the baddest bosses here, just to be able to do some fun solo and group stuff), same with my pally archer since i can just dodge melee dmg by keeping distance.

Thanks!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    That build works in Deceit right now. Make an undead double axe and build your skills. And adjust as needed to put out more damage.  Swords real 120 for the Mastery. Higher chiv, higher damage.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Try to get Swordsmanship Mastery and use Onslaught to increase damage.

Even when its not sampire, the weapon should have the following in order of importance:
    hit mana leech
    hit stamina leech
    hit life leech 

Swing Speed Increase will need to be at least 35, preferably on jewels or gear to swing double axe at max speed.

Damage Increase on character should aim for 100, out of which on weapon it can be as high as 50.

Add the slayer and the warrior should be very strong.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DeadratDeadrat Posts: 11
    edited October 2020
    Which of all the pala/bushido skills do you sugest i use? Enemy of one is a given but should i do lightning strike and Concecrate weapon, or perhaps arnmour penetration and Divine fury? I have to ask because i have literally no one to ask in game atm and just going about randomly seems a bit counter productive :)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    For double axe, use weapon special move double strike. 

Use Consecrate Weapon if your weapon is not 100% elemental, e.g. 100% Fire against Undead.

Using 100% Fire damage double axe with onslaught maximizes the damage on the undead.

EOO is used only if you fight one specific type of monster with high HP. 

Divine Fury is required only if your character has low HCI (max 45), Damage Increase (max 100), or SSI. For some like myself I only use to recover Stamina when fighting in some bosses.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DeadratDeadrat Posts: 11
    I thank you Both for your replies, i shallst now go out and killeth enemies! And probably spend some OoOOooOOO time!