Smuggler's Edge Doesn't Work

PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
Forgive me if I am late to teh party but I just bought this item thinking it would be fun to play around with.

It does not work.  Went into Fel Covetous with 13 items in my bag.  Got the "Success" message about 15 times and left Covetous with 13 items in my bag.

Comments

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    uh yeah, I read that before I bought it.  How does that answer my issue though? Am I missing something?
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Did you have anything stackable like gold or gems in your pack? Something where you might not notice? I saw this and pulled mine out and it seems to be working just fine.
    I did have gold, and thought of that so I just dropped the gold on the ground and kept fighting, still happened.
    also have bandages but they are oil cloth bandages so I dont think stolen ones would stack?
    And you got the message "You successfully steal the item." and not just the "You reach into the backpack..." one?
    yup a bunch of times.  I just got it again, but this time I got a lantern.  It is the first thing that actually showed up in my bag after about 40 success messages.
    I even swapped over to EC to make my inventory easier to track, just weird
    That's really odd. I've never had that issue with mine, and it seems to be working normally for me right now. (Just got a balm of protection and a dozen or more gems). I can't really imagine what the issue might have been.
    I switched to arctic ogre lords and that is when I got the lamp and I just got a balm of strength. Maybe its just the harpies that dont work.
    edited April 2018
    I suppose that's possible. I was testing mine in Shame. I might pull my thief back out later and try Covetous and see what happens.

Said screw it and I'm in Covetous now... Just got a Smuggler's Tool Box off a dazzled harpy, and gold off another. So the harpies aren't the issue.
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 7
    My favorite place to use it is the Sleeping Dragon spawn in Tokuno. It's a fairly easy spawn and lots of targets.