Lets change the shared bank Vault

psychopsycho Posts: 284
edited September 2020 in General Discussions
The vault with its shared bank accross all chars on the account, is not much used (theory)
Atleast I dont know anyone actually paying for this, month after month.

I think the system with shared bank vault  in addition to each chars own bank account is a brilliant idea. So I say, lets change it, make it available for all without the payments, that way it might actually be used.
The system is already there, just a small change required!

If you want a win-win scenario you will add the fee of ingame gold, automatically drawn from accounts gold repository. Then it will be usefull and a working gold drain for the game.

• Imagine a bank account with potions,bolas,orange petals,bandages - pvp equipment shared among all your characters on the account!
  • Or a worker character with all its imbuing resources, ingots, leather and boards shared among all the crafting characters on the account!

Together we make the game Great again!

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Isn't this what a house is for?
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited September 2020
    Even though there are houses people still use Banks, dont they
    The idea is to take a system that is not much used due to the cost mechanism, and make it into a usefull system people would use.  Besides, when was last time you bid on a vault that was not paid for?

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Marge said:
    Isn't this what a house is for?
    i think it's for players who play on multiple shards, where you can only have 1 house per account. You can argue 300 sovereigns is cheaper than paying for a 2nd account, but only if you have less than 125 items you need to store. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I used it when I played the free endless journey account with its very limited storage.  But, I filled it up very quickly.  If I could rent a box for a reasonable amount of gold, I would probably would.  Storage is a problem for me but I don’t anticipate creating a second account at this time.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I am in favor of apartments / storage units. A single secure room with limited storage such as 1008 items. One per account per shard.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Late at night - thought he meant shared over toons on same shard.

But, I'm fairly certain they would never allow that to be shared across all shards - it would make the character transfer tokens pretty much useless.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I'm guessing cross shard shared storage is technically almost imposable. Look at all the issues and delays transferring even to test shard. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    To be clear about my suggestion of apartment / storage unit.  It would not be for moving stuff between shards but for storing stuff on the same shard.  Similar to a house.  But primarily for people who have a house on one shard but need shared storage on another shard. For example I have a house on Pacific and a keep a ship on Atlantic so I can share stuff between toons there. I would like to dry dock that ship and have a storage unit so I do not have to log into Atlantic every few days to renew the ship.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    TimSt said:
    To be clear about my suggestion of apartment / storage unit.  It would not be for moving stuff between shards but for storing stuff on the same shard.  Similar to a house.  But primarily for people who have a house on one shard but need shared storage on another shard. For example I have a house on Pacific and a keep a ship on Atlantic so I can share stuff between toons there. I would like to dry dock that ship and have a storage unit so I do not have to log into Atlantic every few days to renew the ship.
    Isn't that what bank vault is for?