What CC upgrades/fixes would you like to see?

2»

Comments

• DavoDavo Posts: 46
    make things fair between ec/pincos and cc
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    cc: @Misk
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    With respect to zoom/screen resize... maybe an easy way to do an initial implementation of the screen resize is using the windows scaling feature, and allow people to increase the window in increments, 10% per step, until 200%..

I currently often use scaling in Windows 10 for this.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    With the new Global Chat - have the Global chat stay where you move it to on each character, instead of it defaulting to back under the other bar on the top-left every time you log in (and having the names pushed off-screen when you do open it up)
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Davo said:
    make things fair between ec/pincos and cc
    Yea.  How many years does it take to improve the clients rather then leaving it to outside sources to show how it should be done. 
  • ZyloZylo Posts: 15
    Bilbo said:
    DJAd said:
    Some great ideas here. They could call it something like "The enhanced client". 
    But with true CC Graphics.

THIS! How are the devs not getting this? EVERYONE wants Ehanced Client Functionality with Classic Client Graphics... It's THAT SIMPLE, 20 years of screaming for it and we still can't get it...

Why 2018 has character graphics WORSE than graphics from 1999 is beyond me...

• ZyloZylo Posts: 15
    edited June 2018
    You knew it was going to happen @ InLor.  I have tried the EC, in fact I use it when I am sorting stuff in my housr but I am sorry I can not stand the way they have drawn my pets/mobs.  My Blue beetle looks so much nicer in CC rather than me riding a stink bug with its ass in the air.

THIS. Yet again, DEVS, ARE YOU LISTENING? THE GRAPHICS IN EC for Mobs/NPC/Characters/Mounts are DISGUSTINGLY UGLY.... The world is beautiful in EC... The functionality is great in EC, but PLEASE, WHY DO THE GRAPHICS OF ALL THE MOUNTS/CHARACTERS HAVE TO BE SO ****** UGLY?
  • It was long time i would like to open such post 

here is what i would like to add on cc 

1) Gump to Accept Party

2) Record Item 1 2 3 4 /Use Item 1 2 3 4 /Target Item 1 2 3 4 

3) Select Nearest/Next/Previous for Guild and Ally Memebers

4) Toggle: Insure / Quest macroes

and maybe they can enlarge the number of dress ad arm macro 

tu and enjoy <span>:smiley:</span>
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    What I would REALLY love to have, is the Enhanced Client interface BUT, with the Classic Client Graphics.

That's it.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

I would like to be able to use all of what Enhanced Client players can use, BUT, without being forced to look at that Graphics which I cannot stand but, rather, being able to look at the Classic Client Graphics which I prefer a whole lot more.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    ECUI with a selectable graphics Classic/Enhanced.
    This, absolutely. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    The irony is, one of the biggest reasons we got the enhanced client was the vociferous complaints from posters on Stratics that the CC graphics were very badly dated and newer graphics were an absolute necessity.
    I will admit that I wished the artists at the time hadn't seen the need to re-invent our familiar pets and mobs and am very grateful that mobs and pets introduced since that time look the same in both clients.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    The irony is, one of the biggest reasons we got the enhanced client was the vociferous complaints from posters on Stratics that the CC graphics were very badly dated and newer graphics were an absolute necessity.
    I will admit that I wished the artists at the time hadn't seen the need to re-invent our familiar pets and mobs and am very grateful that mobs and pets introduced since that time look the same in both clients.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
    and the damn movement in the EC even when you are standing still
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Have you tried User Settings/Graphics/ Idle Animation. Its on by default but unchecking it may do what you want.
    Yes @Tim, I use EC sorting stuff at my house and it still is jittery.
  • would love a 64 bit version of cc
    Quality of life. Auto fill BOD Books.  Price more than one BOD at a time.  Satchels for all resources.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Quality of life. Auto fill BOD Books. 

THIS! I have asked before for the BOD Books to have the option to "Fill from Backpack" like the trade order boxes do.
    Marge said:
    Quality of life. Auto fill BOD Books. 

THIS! I have asked before for the BOD Books to have the option to "Fill from Backpack" like the trade order boxes do.
    Just even putting the BODs themselves into the book is a pain.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    See first thing first, we have to understand Dev has limited resources. 

We really need a wishlist page where we can vote up all the good ideas, including fixing clients. 

Its time to let players vote decide where the next effort should go by pure vote rather than allowing the team to decide who they want to listen to. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Scroll in scroll out like the EC has.  useful when placing, or looking for monsters incoming.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    The major issue with CC is not being able to increase the frame rate.  After that adding a gridded container support would be nice. 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Clients are not, will not. ever get upgrades. ever.  not next month, not next year. not in 10 years.
    Its never happening. ever. deal.

accept it or go play lost ark.

• usernameusername Posts: 690
    Drago said:
    Clients are not, will not. ever get upgrades. ever.  not next month, not next year. not in 10 years.
    Its never happening. ever. deal.

accept it or go play lost ark.

This is the way. We've asked for YEARS for simple additions including some of the basic UO:Assist features: potion drinking, toggle on/off spell particles, ctrl+shift filtering, all names filtering, etc., like basic stuff every MMO has. We got 1 addition that I can think of, suit swapping, in 20+ years woohoo. Sad when stuff like this should be S+ tier on the development schedule, but instead, we get a new game no one asked for or wants. I've given up, seen too many people quit because of how neglected this game is.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited February 2022
    Page #1 More abilities to disable different sounds
    Page #4 One hell of a lot of different actions to pick from
    page #5 New backpacks and a few added actions
    Page #6 New screen resolutions, New screen sizes
    Page #8 A few new options
    Page #9 A lot more ignore slots
    YEP YEP YEP only ONE thing in 20 years @username, so much for your credibility.

By the way people have been asking for a retro shard since AoS came out but no two people could agree on what it was to be retro so guess what UO finally did it and now even before it is out alls we hear from someof the people is a bunch of pissen and moanen, GROW UP
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Has anyone else had issues with using the UseObject macro (causes crashing) in CC? It's not always for me but the 2 UseObjects macros I have both have crashed me at seemingly random times. The enchanted apple macro for my sampire has crashed me a few times (always during the worst time) which I just chalked up to so much going. Then I created a smoke bomb macro the other day and the very first time I was using it to test it; my client crashed.

No other actions are on the macro itself; just UseObject. Is it just me?