Question about greater dragons(taming)

I have been reading about greater dragons and stats some and have become confused. Am I suppose to be looking for a pre tame 5 slot or does he have a better stat cap if i tame it at 4 slots and then train to 5?

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 722
    If you can get a 4 slot, train that one. At 5 slots all you can do is train its skills up to the max that they are when tamed. A 4 slot is able to go through the new training process and become a 5 slot. You will have one round to spruce it up - adjust resist, change its magic, give it some regens, give it a power scroll or two, etc.  You won't be able to max everything out with just one round of training; so, I would give it a try on test center before doing it permanently.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,240
    edited September 2020
    Neither is useful since they are not mounts. They do 100% physical damage. A Lesser Hiryu will make a better pet and you can mount and does 100% physical damage plus they have Grasping claw. There are better magery pets than a Dragon. Magery does not make a great pet for someone that is new to training.

A four slot would be good to use to help you learn the training system since you can release them when you find better options.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 516
    the 5 slots aren't to bad if you are looking specifically for a brick wall of hitpoints to throw at mobs, but resists can't be changed.

i seem to remember 4 slots having really low hp(600ish) compared to capped 5 slots (1000)