Roof boss doesn’t spawn mobs when using pets

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
the bug I experience is: both clients, when you attack any boss on the shadowguard roof encounter with any pet, no spawn appears.

the expected result is: mobs will spawn sporadically the same as when you attack the bosses with a player.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited April 2018
    It's not a bug it's a feature. Please link to the publish notes that say it should produce mob spawn from pets. 

The real bug is when the you come out of each room it dismounts you. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It produces spawn from summons, show me the publish notes where it says it shouldn’t produce spawn from pets. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I believe it shouldn't produce spawn because that is how it was released to production and has been this way since launch.

We all know that these kinda releases go through a thorough testing with the developers Q&A team then are released to test center for the players to test.

I would say it is designed like this to balance the encounter for the different classes. For example you can take a sampire / warrior to the roof and complete it (with spawn) faster than a tamer.

You can complete the encounter on a tamer (without spawn) but it takes much longer. So you have the option of a more challenging fight on a warrior which is generally faster, or an "easier" fight with a tamer but it's much longer.

Maybe there is a bug with summons causing spawn? I would agree that summons count as pets for this example .I guess we can wait and see if one of the developers can chime in. 

The issue of being dismounted when you exit the rooms on the other hand it's most definitely a bug though.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Or it's possible people just didn't mention it during testing because they figured "hey, I can take advantage of this". 

And frankly, how many things have they released to production in the past that weren't fully working as intended? Plenty enough to make me question and think it was more an oversight than an "intended feature".

It creates a sort of unfair advantage towards a particular class which should not be the case. All classes, warrior, tamer, or mage, should be subjected to the same rules in any boss encounter.
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 1
    Dryad allure "pets", necro mastery control undead and necro summons don't cause spawn either.  If the roof bosses spawn mobs on the tamers then most people will do roof like doom and use sampires. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    This is currently slated to be resolved in publish 100.  This particular AI would proc on player attacks and summons, but not on pets. 

Getting dismounted when exiting the rooms is working as intended, a necessary side effect of making sure you AND your mount pet safely make it to the destination.
  • Kyronix said:
    This is currently slated to be resolved in publish 100.  This particular AI would proc on player attacks and summons, but not on pets. 

Getting dismounted when exiting the rooms is working as intended, a necessary side effect of making sure you AND your mount pet safely make it to the destination.
    I'm slightly confused. You said that it's stated to be resolved. But then you said it would proc on player attacks and summons, but not pets. Isn't that how it is already working?
    Kyronix said:

I'm slightly confused. You said that it's stated to be resolved. But then you said it would proc on player attacks and summons, but not pets. Isn't that how it is already working?
    Yes, and that is the problem.  It is failing to proc on pets, which it should as there was a bug preventing that.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    edited April 2018
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

Yes, and that is the problem.  It is failing to proc on pets, which it should as there was a bug preventing that.
    Will that include all pet damage, or only basic attacks? I can see the Roof encounters becoming a huge cluster of adds if it's any damage. A lot of pets have abilities that do Damage Over Time, like Bleed, Frenzied Whirlwind, Cold Wind, etc. If there is a chance to proc adds on every damage tick, the difficulty of the encounter will increase substantially if pets are involved.

Players are at least smart enough (for the most part) to control their abilities at these encounters to try and limit spawn potential, but we have no such control over pet abilities/AI.

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Khyro said:
    Kyronix said:
    Kyronix said:

Will that include all pet damage, or only basic attacks? I can see the Roof encounters becoming a huge cluster of adds if it's any damage. A lot of pets have abilities that do Damage Over Time, like Bleed, Frenzied Whirlwind, Cold Wind, etc. If there is a chance to proc adds on every damage tick, the difficulty of the encounter will increase substantially if pets are involved.

Players are at least smart enough (for the most part) to control their abilities at these encounters to try and limit spawn potential, but we have no such control over pet abilities/AI.

There are already safeguards to prevent this particular AI from getting spammy, if more need to be put in place due to the nature of pet attack schemes, we can do that too.  We'll have to do a roof fun run to give it a test when it hits TC!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    deleted