Rune Beetle Pet - Max Hit Points

Hello,

I recently started looking for a Rune Beetle for my tamer. Found two really good ones, but stats on one of them don't make sense. After taming it the Hit Points were set to 375 which is higher than the documented 360. At the time, I assumed it had raised its max health via strength or something, but after a week of being in and out of the stables while I waited for it to bond, the HP are still at 375. Last night it bonded with me and these screen shots were taken the night before without any combat or training.

It's off the pet intensity charts and I'm still skeptical, but I would have expected any lingering buffs to be gone by now. Not sure whether to take it seriously and start training it or wait longer to see if the stats drop. Last night I also clicked the "Begin Animal Training" button to see if that reset its stats, but no. Should I count on these numbers being real?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    edited August 2020
    How many slots is it?  The 4 slot ones have larger start numbers but you want a 3 slot one.

Also they use numbers they see.  They just use the max values they know about.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AllpowerAllpower Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    It's a 3 slot.

Then you have a good one with higher HP than the website makers found.

Congrats.
  • Cool, thanks for the feedback Pawain. I've seen that you post a lot about animal taming here and on Stratics. What would you recommend for skills and stats for soloing the roof and potentially other content with this?
  • On second thought, maybe a giant or fire beetle would be better balanced pets in general. I don't like the bleed ability and swapping magical skills leaves them a bit short on training points from what I'm reading.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Disco. That is all i would put on a rune beetle.
    They already have RC, so that, and boost reaists and hp. 120 disco, and 110 wreatle.

They are great for support pets.
    There are many pets to choose from.  Make a bunch and have fun.

Rune Beetles can only get a Magic.  So Discord  is fine.