What happened to the account management overhaul talked about years ago?

Is it still next to impossible to change your email address or un-link accounts?

Comments

• ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48
    Pretty sure that EA was the main reason on that one...

• I don't think EA thinks much about UO anymore. It's probably like pulling teeth to get them to revamp a system that only benefits UO in the EA empire.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    UO who, yo do we still own UO man I forgot they even still played that game, LOL
  • CyrusCyrus Posts: 49
    I don't think EA thinks much about UO anymore. It's probably like pulling teeth to get them to revamp a system that only benefits UO in the EA empire.
    Yeah, sadly I would agree. 
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Was going to ready in May 2015 .

• CyrusCyrus Posts: 49
    DJAd said:
    Was going to ready in May 2015 .

There it is, That's exactly what I was asking about. I see they're right on schedule with it :) Did they roll out the call back thing at least?  I'm sure that's a no as well?
    edited April 2018
    I'm no expert but I would of addressed the account management before releasing a massive update to the game which could bring back many returning players.

Is the password reset on the Mythic account page fixed yet does anyone know?
    edited April 2018
    DJAd said:
    I'm no expert but I would of addressed the account management before releasing a massive update to the game which could bring back many returning players.

Is the password reset on the Mythic account page fixed yet does anyone know?
    BS/UO is doing EJ.  EA has to do Account management, good luck getting them to do it.  Does it need it, yes.  Will EA ever do it, NO.
    Bilbo said:

BS/UO is doing EJ.  EA has to do Account management, good luck getting them to do it.  Does it need it, yes.  Will EA ever do it, NO.
    Aye. Pretty sad state of affairs really on EA's part.
    DJAd said:
    Bilbo said:

Yes and it is just one of those sad facts of life that EA really doesn't care about UO/DAoC and hasn't for a very long time.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    I thought it depends on DAoC?? DAoC uses the same account management system and seems quite bigger at Broadsword. So unless they move, UO doesn't get anywhere??
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited April 2018
    BS manages UO/DAoC for EA.  EA owns UO/DAoC, Account Management and Origin.  Bonnie asks Rob if he could get EA to redo/fix Account Management.  Rob asks EA to redo/fix Account Management.  EA ROFL  EA Show Me The Money.
    As to who is bigger at BS UO or DAoC I kind of get the idea that a few people are UO only and a few are DAoC only and the rest work both sides but that is me only
    Bilbo said:
    BS manages UO/DAoC for EA.  EA owns UO/DAoC, Account Management and Origin.  Bonnie asks Rob if he could get EA to redo/fix Account Management. Bonnie says it will be ready in May. Rob asks EA to redo/fix Account Management.  EA ROFL  EA Show Me The Money. 
    fixed it...
    JollyJade said:
    Bilbo said:
    BS manages UO/DAoC for EA.  EA owns UO/DAoC, Account Management and Origin.  Bonnie asks Rob if he could get EA to redo/fix Account Management. Bonnie says it will be ready in May. Rob asks EA to redo/fix Account Management.  EA ROFL  EA Show Me The Money. 
    fixed it...
    LOL You forgot the year or the SOON
  • Regardless of EA saying no or not.  The point is UO/Mesanna said it would be fixed on a specific date.  It has been 3 years and nothing. She made a a goal that she didnt live up to.  She needs to own up to it and admit her fault. 
    Regardless of EA saying no or not.  The point is UO/Mesanna said it would be fixed on a specific date.  It has been 3 years and nothing. She made a a goal that she didnt live up to.  She needs to own up to it and admit her fault. 
    Yes she blew it and that is why no dev will ever say yes we will do it.  Stuff happens in business every day so EA wouldn't let UO redo/fix account management but they did allow her in to help UO players to correct their problem with their accounts.  Maybe that was the trade off BS had to agree to.  People are acting like she should be stoned because EA wouldn't let her do something and she should get down on her hands and knees and beg our forgiveness.  I hope you never disappoint anybody in your life time.  I am really sorry that you are so bitter about this.
    @Kyronix Any official statement?
    I asked about it during the Dev Meet And Greet on Europa (June 28th 2016) and was told:

[Me]: In the video "What's New for UO in 2015" you said the new account management was coming in mid May 2015, can we expect it soon?
    [Mesanna]: So we do have an engineer still working on the changes. As you know its a PITA for the players. And its also a PITA to change it safely, but I can tell you that we are going to try to roll out a few changes at a time. One of the first will be linking and unlinking your own accounts
    [Me]: nice, its so confusing
    [Mesanna]: I agree
    [Mesanna]: I can't deny any thing said about the account management page, its horrible
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    She later backtracked all that and said it wouldn't happen.  used the same "spaghetti code all pieced together" story they use for everything they either can';t figure out or decide they don't want to do.
    She later backtracked all that and said it wouldn't happen.  used the same "spaghetti code all pieced together" story they use for everything they either can';t figure out or decide they don't want to do.
    I can just foresee when EJ goes live a bunch of old returning players trying to get old accounts back and then having to battle with the whole account management page and just giving up.

Game account, mythic account, EA account, did I miss any? Then probably some people who signed up with email accounts they don't even have access to anymore.

They can probably name all the characters and what shards they played but will that be enough to get an account back? Not from what I understand.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Nope, I tried to get my old account back with the old char name and server played, no dice
    Nope, I tried to get my old account back with the old char name and server played, no dice
    Did you ask Mesanna for help?  That is one thing she has done.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    I was lucky in recovering my account, in one of my old junk boxes I still had a UO cd case that had the game code so they were able verify it was me and to pull up all my accounts.  

You do need more info then just character name and shard as if you were able to do that then all accounts would be easily stolen.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    DJAd said:
    Bilbo said:

I wish they would just sale the game to the highest bidder 

my starting bid is 5.5 plat and a sig colored fishing pole  :D
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    If UO is totally owned by Mythic, they need to totally detach the game from EA. EA/Origin web site is the most awful thing.  The way Mythic has the linked accounts thing make is just the nastiest combination of trying to find an account.  I left the game in the mid 2000s and if it possible I would love to recover that old account.  I am an IT tech and the only place I could code a nightmare like this system in place now would be EA cause I would get fired any other place
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Honkwomp said:
    If UO is totally owned by Mythic, they need to totally detach the game from EA. EA/Origin web site is the most awful thing.  The way Mythic has the linked accounts thing make is just the nastiest combination of trying to find an account.  I left the game in the mid 2000s and if it possible I would love to recover that old account.  I am an IT tech and the only place I could code a nightmare like this system in place now would be EA cause I would get fired any other place
    EA owns UO.  EA bought Mythic so EA owns Mythic.  EA owns Origin.  BS was hired to manage UO and DAoC.  Everybody and everything is owned by EA.