Anyone play on Balhae with 64 spellbooks for sale?

This shard is so empty and can't find anyone responding.
And there is no vendor selling magery spellbook haha.
Hope someone on Balhae sees this and sell some spellbooks.

Comments

• ForestForest Posts: 20
    edited August 2020
    Or should I raise inscription to make one for myself? lol :s
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Do the inscription quest to get the hallowed spell book an undead slayer that comes with all of the 1st thru 4th circle spells and two 5th circle spells.  If you don't have anyone selling spellbooks, you probably don't have anyone selling the higher level spells you need to fill them.  You can kill bone mages, skeleton mages and liches to get the 5th through 7th circle spells.  Not sure what you have to do to get the 8th circle spells.  I think champion spawns.
    If you decide to learn inscription, you can visit the scribe in the British library to get bulk order deeds you can use to get points that you can use towards a runic atlas recipe.  If you make scrolls, you can actually make a profit selling them to NPCs but you must have the scrolls in your spellbook to make them.
    Check vendor search regularly maybe a full book will come up.
    Good luck with it.  

Great! Thank you:)
  • I Can probably find you a book, been a while since i logged on there but i probably have a couple of them left.  got a house with a mailbox by chance?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Forest said:
    Or should I raise inscription to make one for myself? lol :s
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/45248/#Comment_45248
    I Can probably find you a book, been a while since i logged on there but i probably have a couple of them left.  got a house with a mailbox by chance?
    If you could help me out it will be great!
    I just built a 2 story wood and plaster house just northwest 10 steps away from Britain moongate.
    Owned by Stone.
    I don't have a mailbox but I just put a locked down wooden box at the doorstep, security is to anyone.
    Or if you could put it on a vendor sale? 
    For some reason, I can't buy Time of Legends expansion or buy sovereign, those links are shown with error 404 when I google and click the links. I am trying to contact EA for this matter right now. I think I like to have a mailbox anyway. 
  • Forest said:
    For some reason, I can't buy Time of Legends expansion or buy sovereign, those links are shown with error 404 when I google and click the links. I am trying to contact EA for this matter right now. I think I like to have a mailbox anyway. 
    the house is private and i cannot get to the box to see if i can put something in it. are you currently able to log in?

ah I didn't know that. I will go fix it right now. haha
  • cannot place things in a locked chest unless you are a friend or co owner. kinda thought that, but wanted to try. i am outside your house right now if you want the book 

I really appreciate. You saved me huge amount of time!
  • Forest said:
    Glad I could help

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Two more pks in Balhae >:)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Forest said:
    Glad I could help

Can you deliver me some Beer and Pizza on LS?  I live under the big tree in Yew.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • sure, pepperoni or Dragon?

• TheoTheo Posts: 169
    Annoying isn't it? Magery vendors should sell full mage, necro, spellweave, myst spellbooks for 75k each.  If someone wants to make them and sell cheaper - fine - but no  one in this game is making a living off sell spellbooks.    It sucks that you have try to hunt down 64 spells via monster loot to play on a shard.  

Please put me in charge of this game.  Ill make it playable again. 

Theo for Producer. Make UO Playable again. 
    75000 seems a little high to me for a basic book with 64  spells.  On my shard they sell for around 5000 give or take a few 100.  Do they really sell for 75000 on some shards?
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Have you ever crafted the 64 spells to put in a book?  Whatever they ask for them is probably too much for the purchaser and way too little for the seller.  It's a genuine pain and HORRIBLY time consuming.
    Yes I have crafted the spells and put them into books.  The 5000 or so gold return does not justify the effort that goes into making the books so I don't make them anymore.  But other players do. I just checked there are several for sale for 5000 gold on vendor search which is good for the young players that need them and don't have that much gold.  Some players sell the basic spell books for much more that but when I was into making the books and monitoring the prices it did not appear that players were buying any of the higher priced books.
    I've always seen books for sale in the 5000 gold range that's why I was wondering if beginning players were actually playing 75,000 million for new books on other shards.
    By the way if you are making spell books read the QOL Filling Spell Books discussion on this page.  It has a method that makes it easy to fill spell books.