Is there any way to copy macro of a character to another character of mine?

I am pretty sure there is one but I do not know how to do it.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,798
    If you are using the EC you can do it by opening up the config files for both characters in your favorite text editor, find the macro in the source character's file, copy it, locate the macro area in your destination character's file, then paste the macro.
  • ForestForest Posts: 20
    Hmm I am using CC :(
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    If you are using CC then do a search on your computer for the character name you want to copy the macros from. It will be a text file called macros2d under your character name.

It will be found in something like UO --> Shard Name --> Character name --> macros2d.txt. 

Open this notepad doc and copy it all. Then do a search on the character you want to copy to macros to and look for the macros2d file (the character needs to be logged out for the changes to save). Paste over the macros and then save and close the text file. 

Your macros (in game) will now be on that character too.

Hope this helps.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Yould just save the macro file from 1 to the other, if you want them to have all the same macros.

Otherwise you will need to examine each line in text file till you find the one you want, then copy that one over.

Its a good idea to make a copy of that folder(usually under documents) because i have had it copy over other characters macros(crafter to a tamer) or such, so having a backup for a fast recovery instead of remaking all the macros.