Dynamic Champion Spawns Rewards

Any chance someone provides us with the rewards of Dynamic Champions kills and rewards of turn in minors what would be please?
Thank you In Advance

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Not sure what you are asking for here?  The rewards from any dynamic event are specific to that event.  What you see on test won't be what's available on production.  The content associated with the dynamic events is merely to test the system and will change with any implementation of the event.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I think people keep getting confused thinking this will be static content that can be updated and moved on the fly.

This shoukd be looked at as more of a tool that can be placed, altered, and redesigned on the fly by ems and devs.

So town invasions can build up to right before the boss, then delevel back down, and different mobs can drop loot in shame, or on ice island, ect.
    I like the treasures of style, because even newbies can earn a few rewards.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    That was my first question in the thread under Test Center. Apparently everyone has the same impression or question. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    As I mentioned in a previous response specific to Treasures, the main benefit of the dynamic Treasures/Champ systems are in the implementation time.  This system has reduced the core implementation time of a Treasures event from about 5 days into about an hour.  Little bit less for a champ spawn, but equally as quick now.  The Treausres system is fully customizable in that we can select from a number of pre-defined locations, utilize the existing monsters, increase the density, have paragons to keep the encounter moving, and load in whatever rewards we want to create.  Instead of having to wait for a large scale publish to push these events out (along with all the ancillary work that goes into that) we can fire an event.  The Champ spawn system works in the same way with the added benefit of being able to create custom champ spawn bosses.

Being that these new systems are dynamic, we'll be soft launching them before our main scheduled events come the Fall.  This way we can iron out any issues and fine tune things in a more realistic environment than we find on TC.  Keep an eye on UO.com on how to participate in those events.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    *hits like button*

Wait wrong forum. Would some one flip the switch for this please 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • AenianAenian Posts: 30
    Kyronix said:
    Not sure what you are asking for here?  The rewards from any dynamic event are specific to that event.  What you see on test won't be what's available on production.  The content associated with the dynamic events is merely to test the system and will change with any implementation of the event.

From patch notes i understood that 26 new places with Dynamic Champion Spawns are created apart from the scheduled events. Dynamic Spawns that exist everyday like Champion Spawns. So i asked what the rewards from this Dynamic Champion Spawns gonna be like...sorry English is not my 'mother' language.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @Kyronix - While I understand the reward for killing the dynamic champ (or treasures system) on TC1 will be different than on production shards could you provide some clarity (generally speaking) on the the type of rewards we can expect?

Example: Will the rewards be mostly vanity type EM Event drops that look cool but essentially be lockdowns in a house/museum? Or will the drops be tangible/usable items that would help players with game content like new drops with item property synergies or overcapped mods (thinking like a 200 luck piece of armor) or even previous drops like a first aid belt or ranger cloak?

Thanks!
    @keven2002 - To clarify, we have two dynamic systems available.  The Dynamic Champ spawn system can be used by EMs and by us (the Devs) for setting up champ spawns.  When the EMs use these systems, you can expect similar rewards to what EM events have come to be known for - collectibles with sometimes novel functionality.  In the immediate term we don't have plans to use Treasures for EM generated content (this of course may change as we see how the system works in practice OR used to supplement content on shards where we don't currently have EM coverage).

When either of these tools are used in the context of a global event, i.e. setup by us (the Devs) you can expect rewards as you have seen in other global events.  This may include previous rewards (like a first aid belt or ranger cloak) or completely new rewards (like a +200 piece of luck armor), or collectible rewards.  These events may also form the "apex" of an event where there is some other leadup activity that ends with the Champ/Treasures event.  When talking about the cut down on implementation time the real value is in that it saves us TONS of time in the actual coding the event - we don't have to do that anymore EVERY time we want to run a champ/treasures event.  Now, we can plan out a global event, set it up on TC, get feedback, and tweak it on the fly.  This applies to any new reward combinations as well.  We'll still have to design those items, but now we can implement and deliver them dynamically.

Again - this is a new way for us to implement persistent content so we expect there to be some adjustments along the way as we figure out best practices to go from Concept -> Testing/Feedback -> Live on a shard.  Since we are now cutting down on a lot of backend work I expect that process to move much more quickly, bringing new globals much faster then we could before.
    Excellent response thank you for the clarity!
    I should also add if there are rewards you'd like to see in upcoming events, either old re-introductions or new (our first major Treasures will be the Treasures of Halloween) please let us know!  
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Kyronix said:
    I should also add if there are rewards you'd like to see in upcoming events, either old re-introductions or new (our first major Treasures will be the Treasures of Halloween) please let us know!  
    Serpent's Jawbone.
    Kyronix said:
    I think a few popular candidates for returning items would be (no specific order):
    Boots of escaping
    Serpents Jawbone
    First Aid Belt
    Rangers Cloak

As for new items; I'd like to see some earrings (human) that have a mod or 2 on them since we currently don't have much out there. Maybe earrings with +4 to a single stat (similar to boots of escaping or royal guard boots) or "lucky earring" to help bump luck.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Not the "proper" thread, but.. we have the Devs ear here! Can you please find it in your heart to give us something besides the current invasions until new content goes live in Sept? You must admit, its been a long time since we have had anything "new". Throw us another bone! Another rehash at least. Thanks!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited July 2020
    Kyronix said:
    The things above are fine.  Also the rings from the two events.

New item.  A bane Composite Exceptional Bow than can be imbued..  Or a bow that is better than what we can build.I can build SSI 30, Mana Leech 37%, HLD, plus a slayer or another mod.

All weapons in bane form that can be imbued.  

Arms or gorget for a dexxer that has high resists, +10 stam +5 dex +10LMC  plus whatever else.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    *hits like button*

Wait wrong forum. Would some one flip the switch for this please 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    @jelinidas - we're going to be soft launching these systems before we roll them out fully in September, we also have another dynamic system in the works that we're hoping to get done as well so we won't be turning anything else on.  Instead we'll be focusing on the dynamic systems.  Think of like an extended beta-test of the new features.

Thanks for the suggestions!

@Lord_Nabin - how bout expanding?  Seeing a thread response notification and finding a copy-pasta like post makes me sad :(
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I noticed that there does not exist a Cloak with LUCK on it, how about giving us one ?

Also, I would love to see weight reduction belts for carrying fish....

It is a pain often to go back and forth in order to fill up fishmonger crates...

Ah, and make them blessed, please !!
  • JaycorvusJaycorvus Posts: 16
    All I want is nicely colored armor and weapons with the title plate mail tunic of ______, viking sword of _______. i know its not for everyone but i love collecting that junk!

@Kyronix

@Lord_Nabin - how bout expanding?  Seeing a thread response notification and finding a copy-pasta like post makes me sad 

We would like to be able to hit a like button on a post when we agree with something said! It provides some feedback and we do not always want to have to write. "I like what you said there"

Most forums have this feature. Please turn it on for us! That's all

By the way you all are doing a wonderful job with this roll out. I am looking forward to seeing how it is implemented as we move forward for events. Exciting times 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Unfortunately we don't have that feature, and personally if you like something I think you ought to say what about it you like.  That kind of positive feedback always helps us to make future design decisions.
    Kyronix said:
    Unfortunately we don't have that feature, and personally if you like something I think you ought to say what about it you like.  That kind of positive feedback always helps us to make future design decisions.
    You can add it. It's an option

What we are talking about is making it easier for the community to engage with you. The people who want to comment will as they always do. The people who agree as they read through dozens of threads can add their input with a like. 

Community engagement and making it easy for the community to engage. On their terms. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Kyronix said:

In no specific order, old items:
    First Aid Belt
    Ranger's Cloak
    Invasion Spellbooks (non-invasion setting)
    Conjurer's Trinket (but include other slayers as an alternative to cameos)
    bless deeds
    dyes (old and new colors)

In no specific order, new items:
    high luck items (gloves, arms, sash, earring, cloak)
    SDI items
    SSI items
    earrings in general with something other than resists
    Old items:
    Bane Dragon (lets summon from statue like the Triton)
    Treasures of Khaldun
    Non-Replica (Lieutenant sash)

New items:
    Leather weight reduction satchel
    Fish weight reduction satchel
    Sea Commodity Deed Box (works in Ship Hold)
    Antique-Brittle Converter
    Curse Removing Potion
    Potion to transform 1 Gold to 1 Plat.

That is all, I am not greedy!
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    The ship's hold works like a commodity deed box. Why a separate box?
    Seth said:
    Old items:
    Treasures of Khaldun

New items:
    Sea Commodity Deed Box (works in Ship Hold)
    Curse Removing Potion

Serious ?

Marge said:
    The ship's hold works like a commodity deed box. Why a separate box?
    How about being able to access one's own Bank box from the Ship's Hold ?

It would be nice to be able to stack up one's own fish into one's own Bank Box from the Ship AND retrieve those fish as needed when having to fill up the fishmonger Quests' crates !!
    Sorry, changed my suggestions:

Old items:
    Treasures of Khaldun

New items:
    Curse Removing Potion

@Marge Thanks, I didn't know Commodity Deed works there lol

@popps I thought adding the last ridiculous item would make the above list look more "plausible". Anyway, we can make a 1GP robe become a 65million Hawkwind using the Transmog potion soon... :#
    Some other items that I would like to see is artifact armor (any slot other then the current ones for weapon and jewellry) carrying Swing Speed Increase on them.

The reason for this, is that often nice weapons are found that could be used but they are discarded and trashed because they lack Swing Speed Increase on them and they cannot be imbued...

Being able to have 60 SSI on a suit without having any of it on the Weapon, would make it possible to use these Weapons lacking the SSI on them.

Of course, these items, besides the SSI, should also carry other properties needed for a Warrior like resists, HCI, HLD etc. etc. otherwise, people would not use them just for their SSI....
    popps said:
    Some other items that I would like to see is artifact armor (any slot other then the current ones for weapon and jewellry) carrying Swing Speed Increase on them.

The reason for this, is that often nice weapons are found that could be used but they are discarded and trashed because they lack Swing Speed Increase on them and they cannot be imbued...

Being able to have 60 SSI on a suit without having any of it on the Weapon, would make it possible to use these Weapons lacking the SSI on them.

Of course, these items, besides the SSI, should also carry other properties needed for a Warrior like resists, HCI, HLD etc. etc. otherwise, people would not use them just for their SSI....
    I have a new idea for drop, and I think the keywords are "clean" and "imbuable", esp with specs that cannot be imbued like the SSI 10 jewels.

To this day, I can get all sorts of Major Arties, rewards, treasures, and even legendary.

We known where to get all these, but the clean imbuable items are very hard to find. So far I resort to buying from other lucky sellers.