Plunder beacons

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    keven2002 said:
    Violet said:
    Sailed around for 2 hours last night, destroyed 15 plunder beacons. 
    What shard and where if you don't mind me asking? Very possible I'm looking in the wrong place (I had great success in Rising Tides just going south of Tok docks; but that isn't the case now).
    We used to find them on a regular basis. But a while before this thread was made, something changed on LS.  Plenty of pirates and freight ships.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Violet - Can you let me know where you were sailing (and maybe your path you sailed) when you found all the beacons? It seems like you are the only person that has been able to find so many beacons in such a short time.

@Pawain - where are you seeing trade ships (or maybe what time)? I've been sailing around for 3 days now and haven't seen a single trade ship yet. I've primarily been in Tok (aside from the first day I started S of Skara) during the mornings. At this point I'd much rather scuttle a trade ship over an orc ship since I've already collected enough orc ship deeds for 4 ships (with ship plans to spare).
    I've been sailing around for almost 2 hours now in Tok and I've scuttled 6 orc ships and come across 1 beacon (just now). 

Something weird that I came across this morning that was extremely weird was I ran into a "ghost" trade ship; as in I was sailing around Tok (south of the mountain most NE of the map) and a trade ship appeared on my radar sailing my direction (as I was loading my cannons) and I actually saw the nose of the ship and then it completely disappeared from the radar and my screen when I went to move my ship. I would have thought i was just seeing things but this exact same thing happened to me the other day too; a trade ship was moving on my radar and when I caught up to it; it just disappeared (at that time I thought I was seeing things and chalked it up to that). I wasn't close to the server lines either time so it's not like they crossed the server to disappear.

Has anyone else experienced these "ghost" trade ships in Tok? I'm wondering if that's why I haven't seen any to scuttle while sailing 3 days in Tok. 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Not if it's quite the same, but when any sea vessel (Orc, Merchant, or Beacon) spawns somewhere in Tokuno, I see a ship appear next to me and then poofs. If I back track, I often find a vessel in a previously empty spot - previously empty as in the 3 screens prior to the ghost ship. I never did notice the radar if they appeared in there. I'll try and notice next pirate run. I know too that they despawn even in the middle of a fight. (Really sucks when only have a couple  of cannon shots left.)
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Took out two beacons and a pirate ship the other day ago East of Jhelom in Felucca.
    I use Tokuno on each side of the lady of the snow spawn. 

I'm thinking there are 5 things that spawn in each area I use. I start straight out of the docks then go to the other side by sailing or docking on land and recalling.

The guy that has been doing them daily uses tram off Jhelom.

Most odd behaviors I see are when you chase a ship past a server line.

There are more pirate ships on LS than the other types but I only sink trade ships if I can't find anything else.

Pawain said:
    I use Tokuno on each side of the lady of the snow spawn. 

I'm thinking there are 5 things that spawn in each area I use. I start straight out of the docks then go to the other side by sailing or docking on land and recalling.

The guy that has been doing them daily uses tram off Jhelom.

Most odd behaviors I see are when you chase a ship past a server line.

There are more pirate ships on LS than the other types but I only sink trade ships if I can't find anything else.

I'm using the same area in Tok and have not seen any trade ships (aside from the 2 "ghost" ships). I think they might be bugged in ATL. I agree that the pirate ships are by far the most common.

I spent 90min this morning after I posted focused on specifically trying to find a trade ship... I didn't see any within those 90 minutes but I saw a total on 23 pirate ships during that time; there were 3 occasions where there were multiple pirate ships on my screen at the same time.

@Jepeth - Did you see any trade ships there? I haven't tried Fel yet but given that I havent been able to find a trade ship to scuttle in 4 days of sailing it's about my last resort.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I did, it was a pretty good mix for me that day.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    All jokes aside east of jelhome in fel best bet !! Keep your front 2 cannons loaded with grapeshot on the off hand chance you are attacked!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited February 2021
    I just went out for an hour and 1/2. Got 3 beacons and 4 pirates. Spawned a trade ship.
    Was the most productive period I've had in a long time.  2 others were out 1 was on the first beacon when I arrived. 

I got a chest on a pirate ship that had 56 or so different fish steaks so I have to stop to put those away.  I guess I have them all now.  Nope I dont have them all.  Looks like there are 6 of each type and 10 types.
    I dont have all the Swordfish or Hake.
    For what it's worth... I've been sailing now for a few days (almost always in the AM) and I've found that around now (7:30am EST) I basically have to "work up" the spawn (ie beacons/ships).

Yesterday I ventured over to Fel and literally sailed East of Jhelom for 45min before locating a pirate ship (I was spamming 'start tracking" and nothing was even appearing). Once I scuttled it though I only had to sail for about 10 more minute before I found another pirate ship and after that it was about another 10 and I saw a beacon...and then I was getting 2 arrows on my screen to another 2 ships (1 trade FINALLY and 1 pirate). After I scuttled those that seemed to pretty much open the gates... so roughly 75min... I started getting a good mix of beacons/traders/pirates. 

I'd assume if I was able to play primetime the spawn rate would be pretty good if others were actively doing them
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I sacked 4 merchantmen (Queen's Customs agent here) and discovered tons of contraband in illegal ingots, exotic woods, and hides from endangered species - all of course was confiscated in the name of the Crown! Then I sunk a beacon and scuttled a pirate ship. A profitable hour's voyage in Tokuno's waters.