Returning player looking for a busy place to play

Hi, its been a long time and a lot of changes have happened since I last played. I can't seem to get my old accounts back, : (  so I made a new one to come check it out. I'm not sure how many are still playing this game, but I'd like to get started on a server with a lot of activity if one exists. Also a busy guild that plays the game would be awesome to run into. I miss my dragons! : (

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 410
    atlantic is the most populated shard welcome back
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    for your account if you remember your email and account and some others information there is a way to conatct uo support via email to retreive it
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    if you prefer a more challenging version of UO come to Siege Perilous where we have no insurance and Felucca ruleset on all facets.
    It's not as busy as Atlantic but still a lot busier than most other US shards.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Yes Atl is the most active shard but depending on where in the world you live Atl may not be your best choice.  Where do you PING the best, make a char on those shards and go explore also do not forget to get into Gen Chat.  Help Chat is the default for new Chars so you need to change it.
  • FoggyFoggy Posts: 5
    if you prefer a more challenging version of UO come to Siege Perilous where we have no insurance and Felucca ruleset on all facets.
    It's not as busy as Atlantic but still a lot busier than most other US shards

Back in the day I tried to get started on Siege, but couldn't get a character past the town gates without loosing the 20 reagents and 5-10 bandages I would go out with to try to level a skill up. I prefer the felucca ruleset, but my gaming skills back then preferred Tram. I've spent a lot of yrs in more modern games sense primarily playing pvp, and understand basic game mechanics a LOT better than back then. If I could get started with a guild or group that will help me get started instead of rolling me for my wallet every 2 min I would love the challenge. I will probably start a toon on ATL, if Siege has a friend to start with I would start a toon there and see where the game goes. I love pvp, but I like a good trammy treasure hunt too. : )

Fortis said:
    for your account if you remember your email and account and some others information there is a way to conatct uo support via email to retreive it

I tried pretty hard. I cant remember the email I was using way back when. I left this game when WoW launched. I had played for around 4 yrs, but I played excessive hours then, and still do today.. It was a fairly well developed account with scrolled out character <span>:smile:</span> : )   I was a newbie gamer in those days and building characters was a lot easier than playing them for me.

I actually came back in 2010 for a short while, but was playing solo so I didn't stay long. That's when the email got changed to something I cant remember. Pogo was doing billing at the time...now the information is so scattered into different management groups I'm still not sure I've ever spoken to the correct support person to resolve the issue, but I'm a bit lost as to a different approach at this point. Maybe Ill figure it out someday : )

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    Foggy said:
    If I could get started with a guild or group that will help me get started instead of rolling me for my wallet every 2 min I would love the challenge. I will probably start a toon on ATL, if Siege has a friend to start with I would start a toon there and see where the game goes. I love pvp, but I like a good trammy treasure hunt too. : )

On Siege we have the NEW guild. They take in newcomers and returning players for a month to help them get started. Most PKs will leave people with a NEW tag alone too.
    NEW is a great way to get to know other people too. Ask for NEW in general chat on Siege.

Another great way to get in touch with other Siege players is the public Siege discord: https://discord.gg/6A8zmeh
    There you'll find guides for newcomers too and you can talk to long time Siege players (or NEW as well).

Foggy said:
    If I could get started with a guild or group that will help me get started instead of rolling me for my wallet every 2 min I would love the challenge. I will probably start a toon on ATL, if Siege has a friend to start with I would start a toon there and see where the game goes. I love pvp, but I like a good trammy treasure hunt too. : )

On Siege we have the NEW guild. They take in newcomers and returning players for a month to help them get started. Most PKs will leave people with a NEW tag alone too.
    NEW is a great way to get to know other people too. Ask for NEW in general chat on Siege.

Another great way to get in touch with other Siege players is the public Siege discord: https://discord.gg/6A8zmeh
    There you'll find guides for newcomers too and you can talk to long time Siege players (or NEW as well).

Awesome! thanks for that info : )