Would be Nice to have Vendor Search for Pet Stalls

This would be great!

To find pets, set it up by species, then have the ability to lore the pet from the Pet Vendor Search window.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    Searching for pets by species would be a nice feature.  Just have it be a separate search category unless specifically selected.  That way the feature can avoid adding to the load an often-stressed database.

Being able to lore them would likely complicate matters, though.  Envision what data is stored in the database. Species, stall, and price would be the base info.  But adding the ability to lore them could be done in at least two ways.  The database itself could add dozens of fields for each lore property.  Or a non-database function of Animal Lore could be performed as required, complicating a search feature with external operations.  A compromise could potentially be implemented.  For example the top 5 useful Lore fields could be stored with each pet in the database.  To learn more, you would have to actually buy the pet.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • usernameusername Posts: 693
    we hardly have a working vendor search most of the time on Atlantic lol
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,034
    Would also be nice if we could describe the pets.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    If everything worked perfectly in UO this might be a nice added feature but come on people how long does it take to go to the pet vendors and look them over or we getting that lazy and asking UO to do everything for us.  I have a Tamer doing all the shards right now looking at pets and it takes me less than an hour to go to them all (Tram and Fel)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Too many already abuse the vendors for stable slots.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.