Organizer Question

I am recently returned to the game and figuring the new stuff out.  I right clicked the organizer button on a chest and it disappeared.  I would like to get it back and have no idea what to do.  Can someone explain or direct me to a how to discussion on the container organizer somewhere?

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 796
    Not sure if this is what you are asking about but if you are using EC (Enhanced Client) the info you need is at https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/agents-settings-in-the-enhanced-client/

The organizer is part of the "Agent" macro system once you get the hang of it one of the best improvements to the game in recent years. It does not organize your bag but lets you move things from one container to another. An example is a loot organizer that when triggered would move gold and say gems from the bodies of your kill to your back pack with out all the click-dragging that use to be required. An other that with a key stroke will pick up specified items off the ground (gold fountain anyone)

Important to keep in mind that Agents don't really work faster then you would but just save on the mouse work. They will also not let you do anything you couldn't with a mouse.

I don't know why the button would disappear. I've never had that happen but maybe because you don't have any agents set?

Before I get diarrhea of the keyboard on one of my favourite features of the game I'll just say if you have any more question just post and I'll be happy to babble some more  :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    What container view are you using? default grid has the button, Grid legacy containers has the button, legacy view does not.
  • ZaneZane Posts: 11
    I think my post was unclear.  I opened a chest and right clicked the organizer button on that chest.  The whole chest disappeared, and I have no idea where it went.  How can I find or recover my chest?  Thanks.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    edited April 2020
    You are right I misunderstood.

Sorry have no idea why right clicking on anything on a chest would make it disappear. I tried and all I can make happen is the window with the contents disappear not the chest. Of course when I clicked on the chest the widow reopened. There is an issue with the contents of a container not showing if an Action gets stuck on but I've never had a container of any type just vanish.

Sorry I can't help.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    edited April 2020
    Try the upper left hand corner of your display to see if the chest went there
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    It is possible, though no one seems to know what causes it, to throw a pack totally offscreen. The solution is to temporarily change the ui size downwards, around 75% usually works. Then pull the bag back nearer to the center of the screen and set your ui back to your normal setting.