Whats new

I haven't played for years, but my account has been active.  Whats new? what did I miss? What 3rd party tools do people use?  Does UOA still work?  

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    edited March 2020
    "for years" is quite a broad reference.  Five years?  15 years?

The uo.com site has lots of info in its wiki.  You could start with A Summary for Returning Players.  But how I really got back into it after being away "for years" was to start over on a new shard and learn from the ground up.  I don't mean discard your current characters, just play elsewhere for a while until you are back in the groove.  My restart was with the Enhanced Client, which doesn't need UOA.  Now I don't think I could even play the Classic Client, nor do I really want to.

Atlantic is super busy if you want that, but a lot of shards have low populations, letting you learn at your own pace without the expectation that your characters are already uber.

Hope you find it to be as fun as you remember.  Welcome back.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • IgotWormsIgotWorms Posts: 17
    Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm setting up my UOA and UOAM  (It looks like UOAM still works, but it doens't have the mul files for malas.  Do you know anywhere to download those?
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    You are welcome.  Sorry, since I use the EC, I don't need UOAM.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
    Can I import my macros and stuff from CC to EC?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    IgotWorms said:
    Can I import my macros and stuff from CC to EC?
    Yes, you can use your CC macro's in the EC. There is also an options window when the EC loads to use CC settings for other things (like the paper doll), along with a tab (Legacy) under the user settings to toggle CC/EC functions. 

You can also download Pinco's UI, a quite powerful custom Mod for the EC.
    http://www.guain.it/pincoui/
    -Arroth
    I say "yes import from CC" when logging in for the first time, but nothing came in... tried it on two chars so far.