Is it "legal" to buy gametime codes from other players for gold?

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    If they did not want codes sold, they could make them an  account bound token.
    The pet whistle is account bound. It can be done.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    KHAN said:
    Pawain said:
    KHAN said:
    Mariah said:
    'Fraudulently obtained' doesn't refer to you buying them for gold, but to how they were obtained in the first place. I can't speak for current situations, but I am aware that in the past some codes were removed from players' accounts because they had been bought with fake, or stolen, credit cards.  This information was made public at the time, and I'm sure there are a few players with memories as long as mine who can confirm that.
    You can do it, but it's at your own risk.
    'Fraudulently obtained' doesn't refer to you buying them for gold, but to how they were obtained in the first place. Says who? Is this your opinion, or fact? This is where the  I would prefer a DEV to answer the question please. A simple yes , or no, will take about 2 seconds, and will put an end to the question. 
    You trying to say that I cant buy a Lasher from the store and sell it for UO Gold?   :D
    I'm not saying that at all, I'm just saying I would like an answer, from someone qualified to give it. NOT someone's OPINION. It's not rocket science!
    Please be advised that we cannot assist with any issues stemming from codes purchased via non-Origin means; you will be required to contact the vendor from which you purchased the code for further assistance.

Yes you can buy codes with gold but it is at your own risk, or can you not understand english.
  • Seems to me it's your Gold and their code. If you want to swap that is fine. Be clear on who you are dealing with and know that it is at your own risk. You will receive no help from support if things go wrong.

I just buy mine from the official store. Keeps it simple. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Hey gang, thanks for the responses, but what I'm looking for is an answer, not opinions. Thanks though.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    An opinion or educated guess will be all you get on this subject. You might get something official via private email from Mesanna but i doubt you get more than what Mariah posted, which has been the only official word ever. 

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    You were given an answer from mariah.

Yes you can, but if you get scammed, they wont help you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    Since Mesanna warns you that codes may not work from other sites.  Do you not understand she knows ppl buy them from other sites.  Clearly it is fine to buy store items with UO Gold. 

You are just hard headed and wont accept the answer.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    edited February 2020
    This can go no further here. If the information in the newsletter is not sufficient for you, I can only suggest you email. Try uo@broadsword.com
    Also please understand, I do not speak for the dev team, I can only quote from the newsletter.
This discussion has been closed.