remove shrine boss title

is there a way to remove shrine titles like The Just, The Sacrificing?  I know you can change it, but can i just get rid of it?

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    They don't come off from all I heard. I know there are some that still have the title "Eradicator of the Virulent Witch " from many many years ago. 
  • CetricCetric Posts: 152
    if that is the case, that is really stupid.  theres an entire character gump for titles, and then they just force a title on you?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    That's why I haven't done any shrine battles. I love titles but I love the ability to change them too.
  • Was brought up earlier but never fixed...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2020
    I respect all of your opinions about this topic.
    If someone doesn't want the title to be permanent, 
    then they should have the option to get rid of the title.

But I have to say... I am hoping that I will be able to keep mine....
    And that it never goes away...
    I want to keep mine, after the event is turned off.

===============================

After I wrote this... I had a thought... Since there are people who do LOVE these titles... What would it hurt.. if the DEVs put in an NPC to collect the fellowship insignia items at the Hall of Virtues in Britain. And the reward could be the Virtue Titles. That way, anybody could have the title that they want and they can change it whenever they want. And the people who don't like to collect the armor pieces, would be happy that there is something to do with them.

They could keep the title on our person as is...
    but give people the option of cancelling the title.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited February 2020
    It doesn't really bother me, it didn't interrupt the other titles  that were already displayed.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Someone in our alliance had a shrine title and a krampus title, in addition to the usual guild etc titles. We persuaded her to turn off all the older ones, so now under her name it says 'The Just Naughty' :D

What if you roleplay a murderer but you did a shrine battle.  This sucks!

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Then you're not a very good murderer role player if you participated in virtuous behaviour .
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Cetric said:
    What if you roleplay a murderer but you did a shrine battle.  This sucks!

Then you're a deceitful murderer trying to convince people you are virtuous by displaying that title?

I think it fits into the roleplay scenario quite well :)
    Then you're not a very good murderer role player if you participated in virtuous behaviour .

Murderers hate the hawkwind art too
  • it does go to Chaos shrine and say "i renounce virtue" you can put titles back by dropping a frag on the shrine youve battled
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Collette said:
    it does go to Chaos shrine and say "i renounce virtue" you can put titles back by dropping a frag on the shrine youve battled
    @Cetric
    This does indeed work; I did this like a week ago and it worked as expected. 

• Good to know. Thanks for sharing.