Protection spell and advanced armor

RockRock Posts: 567
edited February 2020 in Skills and Stats
I have an advanced character with great armor.  He is a mystic archer.  His armor properties give him capped 70 to all resists (in addition to lots of other benefits).  Even with no Magery, as a human he can easily cast Protection via JoAT.  I did that and all his resists stayed at 70 except physical, which went down to 69.  Stone Form raises both resists and resist caps, which gives him 74 in all resists.  Great!  But Protection also gives a -34 penalty to his Resist Spells skill, of which he has none to begin with.   Looking at his skill skill gump set to show effective values, Resist still shows at 0, not -34.  I interpret this to mean there is no such thing as negative spell resistance.

So is there any downside to him for keeping Protection up?  It is very nice to be able to cast my Mysticism spells and not worry about them being interrupted.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    you can use  a trap box to break paralyze, and set a macro  (in CC they set it up so you can use healing and spelltrigger stones) to heal with. as long as you can break para, there is no downside to having low resist. 

having 120 resist will lower your chances of being poisoned by spell, and stop or lessen the duration of different curse spells(such as paralyze).