"biggest and boldest endeavor"

13»

Comments

• Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:
    Speaking of housing and the future large audience, the busiest shard is Atl, which as we all know has next to 0 spots available for housing. Reaching out to a larger audience to get new subscribers that will quickly find out that the busiest shard is also the least opportunistic when it comes to housing, might pose as a problem. Wonder how they'll address that ?
    You actually find tons of spots on Atl. Not castles or 18x18s but max storage and tons of 7x7 7x8 etc.

And this (for once... :D ;) ) is Factual & True.
    Of course, all my posts are factual and true. Unpopular truths sometimes though :)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:
    Speaking of housing and the future large audience, the busiest shard is Atl, which as we all know has next to 0 spots available for housing. Reaching out to a larger audience to get new subscribers that will quickly find out that the busiest shard is also the least opportunistic when it comes to housing, might pose as a problem. Wonder how they'll address that ?
    You actually find tons of spots on Atl. Not castles or 18x18s but max storage and tons of 7x7 7x8 etc.

Of course, all my posts are factual and true. Unpopular truths sometimes though :)

And this, instead, is, IMO, HIGHLY debatable... :D B)
  • Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:
    Ivenor said:
    JollyJade said:

And this, instead, is, IMO, HIGHLY debatable... :D B)
    ok 
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Biggest and Boldest endeavor...

After reading the M&G transcript, I'm thinking communication might be what's coming lol

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    ^^^^^^

What Uriah said.
  • Chiming in to say I would totally play UO on my phone even if all I could do was slowly chat and like kill ettins while taking a crap.
  • I hope that they release on Steam, reenable the Kingdom Reborn client UI and graphics. Then create a fresh start sub required progression shard that advances based on votes, and you must use the KR client on this shard.
    Unfortunately, I know I am in the minority when it comes to the love for the KR graphics and UI, but I know for a fact, if UO wants any chance of a resurgence, these are the things required to bring in a new following on Steam.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Aspetra said:
    I hope that they release on Steam, reenable the Kingdom Reborn client UI and graphics. Then create a fresh start sub required progression shard that advances based on votes, and you must use the KR client on this shard.
    Unfortunately, I know I am in the minority when it comes to the love for the KR graphics and UI, but I know for a fact, if UO wants any chance of a resurgence, these are the things required to bring in a new following on Steam.

Well, we are at least a minority of two: I too love the KR Client graphic above all others! :)
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    I hope the "biggest and boldest endeavor" Will be: Banning the scripters/RMT people/multiboxxers. INCLUDING (without mentioning any names of course) The ones who have posted IN THIS THREAD! :) I'm not holding my breath though. Enforcing the ToS actually falls under the heading of doing one's job!

If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Re-enabling the KR client?

The one that, when I logged in, had me sitting sideways on the head of my ossie ?
    dont' see that pulling in many new players

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Biggest and Boldest endeavor...

After reading the M&G transcript, I'm thinking communication might be what's coming lol

Where can I find the transcript?  Google is not being my friend.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    The cc sure won't either...
  • TimSt said:
    Biggest and Boldest endeavor...

Where can I find the transcript?  Google is not being my friend.

The other site that probably can't be mentioned... a thread named M&G
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    edited February 2020
    Im just hoping it doesnt destroy this game. Im not being cynical but the odds are against it being an amazing thing that everyone loves. its just not how publishers and devs work. They usually do their own thing, and  throw a bone por two to shut players up meanwhile changing their game to fit some skewed vision. These days its even worse as publishers are being more aggressive with getting into global markets and making that micro transaction money..so they wil literally gut their games to fit the needs of such globalism, and delightlyfully lose all loyal followers to get the sweet dough of the new generation of click zombies.

I have hope that UO's legacy is respected enough to not completely change the way it works on fundemental levels. I'm ok with change, as long as the essense of uo is there.

If you need to make more money, id go with a UO 2, as that would make more sense, then you can more stylze the graphics and dumb down the controls.

• AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    monkgamer said:

I have hope that UO's legacy is respected enough to not completely change the way it works on fundemental levels. I'm ok with change, as long as the essense of uo is there.

Amen. And if you ask me, they should put all their efforts in fortifying that legacy because it's such a long and historic one few franchises can boast about. 

Make no mistake: the target must be the older and nostalgic audience.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    What and when is this going to happen 
    just curious I’m guessing it’s been pushed back until a later pub 
    can we get a peek at least 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    SOON
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited March 2020
    So, @Kyronix @Bleak and @Mesanna have been REALLY quiet lately on the "biggest and boldest endeavor". Hopefully they weren't referring to the IDOC changes, or the mistakes with the "holes", "owned by" items, or the mess that is called vendor search! Although I will say, VS SEEMS to be working a little better today. But I AM NOT holding my breath that it will last. LOL

I am however, curious to know what it might actually be. So any information would be appreciated. 

If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
     H tyKHAN said:
    So, @ Kyronix @ Bleak and @ Mesanna have been REALLY quiet lately on the "biggest and boldest endeavor". Hopefully they weren't referring to the IDOC changes, or the mistakes with the "holes", "owned by" items, or the mess that is called vendor search! Although I will say, VS SEEMS to be working a little better today. But I AM NOT holding my breath that it will last. LOL

I am however, curious to know what it might actually be. So any information would be appreciated. 

Old news. They will be on Steam later this year.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Albertus Magnus: Does the biggest and boldest endeavor mean the opening from UO on the steam plattform?
    Mesanna: no
    edited March 2020
    From the Feb Newsletter:

To build on that legacy and bring Ultima Online to the largest audience ever, the team is in the early stages of designing and building our biggest and boldest endeavor in over a decade!  We are incredibly excited about the future and cannot wait to share the journey with you!

What will bring UO to a largest audience ever?  The new EM tools?  A new expansion?  A 2020 arc like Rising Tide?  
    Those have been done and UO was not brought to a larger audience.

Takes advertising or availability to bring a larger audience.

• Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Seems there is a lot going on in the world right now that can't be cured with a potion or a simple flick of the wrist and whispered "Vas An Nox" 

A little patience and stroll through the greater realm of Sosaria might be in order. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Now would be a good time to grab that captive audience.  After they all have seen Ozark and Tiger King of course. 

:) 
     :)