▒ - NEW IDOC'S CHANGE - ▒

One of the first upcoming changes we would like to discuss is about IDOC houses. 
We have heard a great deal of feedback regarding IDOCs and would like to share the following changes that will be coming in Publish 108,  

• The current decay state of the house will no longer be displayed on the house sign.

• The house owner will receive a message when stepping onto the steps of the house as to the current decay status of the house.   
 (The House is Going IDOC, because 90% the time the player is NOT playing or the account is Inactive, so How the heck the owner will get a message when he step on the steps? , also, Current system, when the house start staging, the co owner list and friend list is erased, so How can you help save someones house?

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I suppose if a co-owner or friend can no longer enter the house it either means the house has started to decay or they've been unfriended.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I should like to point out that that is a quote taken from the most recent newsletter which, for those who don't subscribe, can be seen here:

• will players still know that the house is in a decaying state? maybe they should send an automated out if your account is inactive for 3 months
  • @Mariah I point the same newsletter and makes no sense!
    90% of All the Idocs are because the Owner of the account is NOT active, therefore his house will go Idoc after 90 days, so How is that the The house owner will receive a message when stepping onto the steps of the house as to the current decay status of the house.   when his account is not even active? and how the co-owners are friends of the house will let him know that his house is staging? if the list get cleared too??
  • @AtomicBetty ;  maybe they should send an automated out if your account is inactive for 3 months.

this would be the best thing , but I dont think they have that option available! to account mgmt system is a mess as it is!!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Why does it matter AR ? You are never the owner of any of these IDOCs you attend so you won't be notified. Why do you care how they word the change, what matters is, the house sign will no longer let scripters know anything. It's a great change, I look forward to how this all plays out.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Lol what is ar gonna do with all those ej accts now
  • @Garth_Grey , you have no clue buddy...  quite few people here know that I helped save a lot of "friends" houses that went into decay mode!
    as far as the changes, really dont affect me at all, and DO trust me on that, The changes will only make alot of people not going to Idocs anymore!.

@Lynk ; you are confusing me with the idocguyperson, all my accounts are paid! 
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Thou doth protest too much
  • not pretesting at all, just asked a question based on the changes on how the owner will get a notification when he step on his house when the acc is not even active!
    I can care less for the changes TBH. 

@ Garth_Grey , you have no clue buddy...  quite few people here know that I helped save a lot of "friends" houses that went into decay mode!
    as far as the changes, really dont affect me at all, and DO trust me on that, The changes will only make alot of people not going to Idocs anymore!.

@ Lynk  you are confusing me with the idocguyperson, all my accounts are paid! 
    I have plenty of clues, my comment to you was, why does it bother you how the server alerts house status ? If you're accounts are paid up, you won't ever have to know how your houses are doing, and you , me and everyone else has no business knowing how others houses are doing. I think this is a fine change and it's long overdue.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • @Garth_Grey How would this be a great change?  Nobody would even know the house is in decay. Pretty much eliminating the idocing gameplay. Items would just fall on the ground randomly. Terrible idea imo.
    IDOCng gameplay ? LOL It will be as it should be, you want to be an active IDOCing gamplayer, then you can walk the lands looking for houses that have already fallen, the way it should be.

• RafmanRafman Posts: 28

5 years ago. "Hey Devs, people script at idocs, help us!"
    Devs: "You got it! Idocs will only fall at 5, 10 or 15h mark now. So regular players have to spend all day at an idoc to have a chance, whereas scripters can show up at exact moment it falls. Genius!"

Today: "Hey Devs, we've been telling you for 5 years the 5/10/15 system sucks. It only helps scripters. (Oh, and lots of other things about idocs suck too and need addressed…).”
    Devs: "You got it! House signs will no more show decay. (That way those scripters automatically scouring the land 24/7 looking for fallen houses will be able to loot them all, while regular players no longer get to participate).

Awesome.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    IDOCng gameplay ? LOL It will be as it should be, you want to be an active IDOCing gamplayer, then you can walk the lands looking for houses that have already fallen, the way it should be.
    who do you think will scavenger lands....plently of ej bots accounts ...this change look forward to more Scripting for idocs...
  • I'm pretty sure when players were asking for change, this was not the change they were hoping for. Such a terrible idea.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    May I remind you all that the first rule in the terms of service requires that all posters be treated with respect. This includes the developers.

By all means offer alternative solutions, but keep it polite and respectful
  • edited January 2020
    This is pretty much takes away a piece of the game.
  • What happens if your payment doesn't go through for some reason and you're away from the game for a while? No one will be able to notify you if your house needs refreshing. Multiple times my houses have been saved by friends notifying me. This is punishing the wrong people and it needs to be rethought.
    edited January 2020
    One alternative solution would be to make it easier for everyone to script a vacuuming macro.  For example the EC needs a "Pick up targeted object" macro action. It already has "Target nearest object" and "Drop held object" macro actions.  What is missing is the "Pick up targeted object" action that goes in between them.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited January 2020
    In the past 3 weeks our guild has saved two houses on Chesapeake that were slated to fall. One person we knew and just discorded them a friendly message, his game time ran out and since he hasn't played recently he didnt notice.  Second one we ran by while doing Krampus trade runs, knew a friend of the player and notified them and they notified the player. Two houses saved, two people still paying.

Players seeing the signs is important.  A lot of players still pay for accounts but don't play often, losing a house and it's valued contents can be so demoralizing that those players never return.

Also, if you don't think disabling the signs evens the playing field, you are wrong.  Professional idocers will just use more botted ej accounts to scour the land. 
  • Violet said:
    In the past 3 weeks our guild has saved two houses on Chesapeake that were slated to fall. One person we knew and just discorded them a friendly message, his game time ran out and since he hasn't played recently he didnt notice.  Second one we ran by while doing Krampus trade runs, knew a friend of the player and notified them and they notified the player. Two houses saved, two people still paying.

Players seeing the signs is important.  A lot of players still pay for accounts but don't play often, losing a house and it's valued contents can be so demoralizing that those players never return.

Also, if you don't think disabling the signs evens the playing field, you are wrong.  Professional idocers will just use more botted ej accounts to scour the land. 
    This. We've saved several by being able to call people and let them know. Real life sneaks up on you or your credit card gets changed and you don't log in every day so you don't realize your account got locked. This is not the roulette game that some play. This is not realizing it's happening and now there will be no way to stop it.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited January 2020
    If a player has quit it does not matter about the decay.  If a player is playing the 90 day lottery you still get notification.   Idoc players lose out. But so do the cheat scripters and the ATL umbra road shard champion house. And the website that gives out decaying location.  This change ruins my EC client legit play style sadly for me.  But it is a SUPER sacrifice to kill all you cheats. Bravo 

I've estimated that an army of 24 botted ej accounts can check on every house on a shard every 8 minutes if they can not read the IDOC status from the house sign.

To the Mods, please, please don't lock this thread. Just clean it when it gets really ridiculously dirty and it's gonna get really stupid in here, but just don't lock it. :)

• Been suggested before, you want to fix and level up?  Make everything go into a moving crate for the house owner account and is a done deal! Than charge the owner a fee when he or she comes back in order to retrieve the contents!
  • jadavjadav Posts: 25
    Even thou, i only attend to fel idocs, i find the change a bit meh.
    With the proposed change, no one will ever know when a house goes boom.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited January 2020
    Mariah said:
    May I remind you all that the first rule in the terms of service requires that all posters be treated with respect. This includes the developers.

By all means offer alternative solutions, but keep it polite and respectful

Well, in this spirit, what about:
    - the House Owner ***AND CO-OWNERS TOO*** should recive TROUGH EMAIL TOO notices of the IDOCing House Status changes?

---

One thing that is not clear to me as I read, in the the NL, that "The current decay state of the house will no longer be displayed on the house sign".

This means that the House Sign will STILL display that the House is going IDOC (e.g., with something like a "This House is Condemned" description that will remain in place unchanged during ALL the IDOC time), or that the House Sign will NOT DISPLAY ANY INFO AT ALL that the House, if not refreshed by its Owner, is actively going IDOC?

If the latter case then, WADR, I see some problem here, for both the "Occasional Helper" that could signal to a friend that he forget to pay that Account fare, and for the "IDOC Campers" too .

And IDOC Camping (without Scripting, oc) is one of the ways in which some Players enjoy playing UO, IMO as respectable as all the other ones, if done without cheating.

I.

• Now time to restrict EJ accts so they cannot be script trawlers 
  • jadav said:
    Even thou, i only attend to fel idocs, i find the change a bit meh.
    With the proposed change, no one will ever know when a house goes boom.
    The real idocers will.  It’s called effort 
This discussion has been closed.