Paths of Initiation
Citizens of Britannia may continue join the Kinship of the Rose, Seers of the Moonstone, the Library of Scars, the Rangers’ Guild, the Order of the Silver Serpent, or the Fellowship. Below is a list of tasks and duties that a person may perform to join each group.
- To Join at First Rank: To initially join the group, those interested must complete one task from each category for the group they wish to join. Those who completed the previous initiation are already considered this rank.
- To Achieve Second Rank: Those who wish to achieve the second rank must complete one additional task from each category for the group they are part of.
- To Achieve Third Rank: Those who wish to achieve the third rank must complete either A) five tasks from three categories or B ) ten tasks from a single category.
- To Achieve Final Rank: Those who wish to complete the fourth rank must complete ten tasks from each category.
Some activities require the collection of items. Please leave these materials in the Award Hall Mailbox. If you wish any of these items returned, please provide a rune to a house with a mailbox or a book mentioning you will pick them up after an event.
Other activities require completion of a task or objective; for those, please leave a book or email with information related to the task you completed (date, time, etc.). (Screenshots are also good if you wish to provide them.) The eleventh entry in each category is to replace any single item that you do not want to do or cannot do for some reason.
Kinship of the Rose
“There has to be art in Virtue, and there has to be love.”
The Kinship values Charity, Artistry, and Community.
Acts of Charity
- Serpent Venom: Collect 20 silver serpent venom to be used by the Kinship to produce Serpentwyne.
- Food Drive: Donate enough food (meats, vegetables, and grains) to feed five families for a month.
- Storyteller: Tell a story to the children of Paws. Please provide a copy of the story in a book.
- Rare Medicines: Make or collect ten different potions and medicines beyond the standard reagent potions. Examples: Compassion Sage, Pepta’s Satiety Cure, Grizelda’s Extra Strength Hangover Cure, Eodon potions, or Fish Pies.
- Charity Gala: Hold a charitable event of your choice.
- Walk the Road: Walk the roads of Britannia, helping people get where they need to go. Complete ten escort quests and donate the gold to the Kinship’s coffers.
- Healer: Heal five different people at events.
- Study the Virtues: Complete any four Virtue Quests.
- Teacher: Collect materials related to the teaching of skills. Please turn in any five Scrolls of Transcendence, Scrolls of Alacrity, Mastery Primers, or Power Scrolls.
- Gardening Supplies: Gather supplies to help grow plants: Collect 100 Fertile Dirt, 10 Greater Poison Potions, 10 Greater Cure Potions, and an Endless Decanter of Water.
- Perform another “Act of Charity” of your own choice.
Acts of Artistry
- Follow the Muse: Produce a piece of art in the medium of your choice. You may write a story or poem, design a building, or even create a picture inside a bag. (Pictures of out of game art are also acceptable.)
- Green Thumb: Grow 5 different flowers and donate to them to the Kinship.
- Naturalist: Study nature and record your findings in a book, identifying as many types of a particular animal or monster group as you can find.
- Share the Muse: Organize an art-themed event such as a play, art showing, or poetry reading.
- Tomes: Either read three (npc) books and write a brief summary of each in a book OR read one book and write a companion volume that expands upon, debates with, or discusses the original work.
- Work of the Artisan: Make or commission something that would be useful for another person, such as a weapon, set of armor, spellbook, piece of furniture, etc.
- Art Restoration: Recover 8 different paintings, sculptures, or tapestries.
- Natural Beauty: Collect a set of locations in a runebook of places of natural beauty or serenity.
- Wine Tasting: Acquire 10 different rare liquors or spirits (from a Liquor Smuggler’s Cache, Distillation, or other sources).
- Music Box: Prepare a playlist (3 or more songs) around a theme of your choosing and collect the music gears and harpsichord rolls needed. In a book, share the play order and theme of the list.
- Perform another “Act of Artistry” of your own choice.
Acts of Community
- Public Event: Hold a public event of your choosing, or help at another’s event.
- Community Collections: Pick any of the Community Collections (Britain Library, Vesper Museum, or Moonglow Zoo) and donate items or gold worth 4000 points.
- City Loyalty: Be active in your home city, being at least Esteemed and having either purchased or been granted a title by the city governor.
- Be a Guest: Attend two different (player) events as a guest.
- Small Talk: Talk to three new people and learn something interesting about each.
- Pilgrimage: With a friend or family member, visit Shrines for each of the Eight Virtues. At each shrine, teach the other person the mantra for that Virtue.
- Civic Responsibility: Attend a governor meeting.
- Culture: Perform 8 different quests at Ter Mur’s Museum of Wonders or with the elven crafters of Heartwood.
- Diplomacy: Visit 5 non-Britannian settlements (Ter Mur, Zento, Mireg, Mistas, the goblins of the Underworld, etc.) and bring back a souvenir from each.
- Gift-giver: Find a gift for an (NPC) acquaintance such as Sherry or one of the Companions (Dupre, Shamino, Jaana, etc.) to thank them for their work for Britannia.
- The Public Good: Start a vendor or other public service at a home or building you own. Please provide a rune (or coordinates if on another shard).
- Perform another “Act of Community” of your own choice.
Seers of the Moonstone
“Magic is not just about power. It is also a tool to examine the universe.”
The Seers value Magic, Lore, and Exploration.
Rites of Magic
Rites of Lore
Rites of Exploration
Library of Scars
The Library values Warfare, Protection, and Leadership.
Tactics of Warfare
Tactics of Protection
Tactics of Leadership
The Rangers’ Guild values Life, Nature, and Spirituality.
Path of the Tree
Path of the Elk
Path of the Spirit
Order of the Silver Serpent
The Silver Serpent values Honor, Justice, and Chivalry.
Oath of Honor
Oath of Justice
Oath of Chivalry
The Fellowship (Infiltration)
“Strive For Unity. Trust Thy Brother. Worthiness Precedes Reward.”
Lord Batlin will have his own shifting priorities to come...
not to mention the fey and archlich i was a Rez and heal station lol