Would you hide an account name of a login screen?

I do streaming.
When changing character slot, listener can sees account name.

Tagged:

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited January 2020
    Depends how much you value your account, but not showing would be good practice anyway.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Absolutely.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited January 2020
    @KEY Sorry half my post got deleted by @Mariah .. so let me rephrase it a bit. There are very few known occasions where stolen UO accounts where recovered from backups after a hack or their items replaced. If you come from WoW for example, you should not assume to receive the same customer service on a hacked account as you would there. I hope that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings now.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited January 2020
    definitely.  thats giving them half the information needed to steal your account.  then you just have your password to rely on, which could be brute forced.  UO is not a modern game with modern security.  im not sure if theres even a timer for entering the password, if not that makes it hundreds of times easier to brute force than games with a 1-10 second timer.

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited January 2020
    basically you have to think if its worth the persons time to try to steal your account.  if its a casual account, i wouldnt worry about it.   if its got an atlantic luna house or 100s of bils,  of rares id be worried.  have to think about any personal grudges too.
  • KEYKEY Posts: 16
    Thank you for your comment. I hope to reach DEV.