Endless Journey should have a limited bank box. No bank box is a bad idea.

2»

Comments

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    They already said what they plan to do... Why's this conversation even going on?

They will buy storage with gold.  If they fail to maintain the fee, it will be auctioned off.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Larisa said:
    no MissE didn't...notice the part where she said NO BANK IS SO STUPID.....just because you keep posting doesn't mean people are going to start agreeing with you....we get that Broadsword wants to make money, we all want them to make money to keep the game alive....but not like this. 
    Not sure who you are arguing with Larissa :P  Me or Lady Storm.

AS for no Bank -   It IS stupid because if people don't have a bank they will just create holding accounts to 'act' as banks. That is why the whole premise IS STUPID. Give players a bank and it will avoid this. Don't give em one and this is what you will get.

The ONLY reason people will take out a subscription, which is the ultimate aim of this surely, is if they get rehooked on UO and after playing for a while 6 mths or so they will run out of room in their bank and WANT a house.  UO is all about housing at the end of the day and that is probably the only reason a person will resub.  Until then, if you can get them playing and participating, and tempting them with in store items well at least that is better than nothing and offering them goodies for their char may actually raise more $$ than if they were to sub anyways.  You want them to buy stuff, give em somewhere to put it. 

Making people pay just to store basic stuff is the most STUPID idea out, because either they will just create holding accounts which defeats the purpose of no bank or if they don't do that they will become disenchanted really quickly with item juggling and just quit anyways. You want them to play, then make it reasonable for them to have a good experience without gouging them for basics.

People that are gonna 'cheat' already do so, with mutliptle trial accounts, or 3mthly paid ones or however they wanna cheat. 

Nickle and diming people on storage achieves NOTHING.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400

If you read my post  I did say a 25 count vault box rentable by player.  I can see a monthly fee in game gold mind you.  1 box max per character.  Yes exactly like we had in the friend lock box on houses but not on any house but a system in a side bank in the bank itself... safe deposit boxes of a sort. 

What most of you who want a bit of this and a bit of that don't see what's coming as I do.  Back when I was a kid a very popular restaurant offered free coffee during morning rush... just bring your mug and we provide the coffee.. was the slogan.  For weeks the public came in and eggs and toast flew around like before but no large increase in the breakfast menu sales... Coffee though jumped through the roof in cost to keep the pots full...

Moral is:  When offered something for free people tend to take advantage and generally ignore the rest... 

We have that same kind of thinking going on here if your not seeing it.   Ether it works to bring in tons more active accounts that pay the fee's after a good run   or   EJ will be the shortest run publish in UO history.  Cause if what I fear goes down.....  I give the game a very short window to fix the loss..

EA might not give BS warning of the shut down due to lack of paid subs....

Your coffee analogy is unverifiable and there are a lot of variables.  Like maybe the breakfast was just bad...

A better comparison would be League of Legends, Tibia, Runescape... Other free to play games that are very successful.  Any free mobile game...
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400

oh my goodness ... Toddle House food is/was very good ... plenty of it too.  Feigr  do you see anything like their game mantle like ours?  The in game store is not what id say very game oriented to players spending cubits here or there that would even come up to a full sub.

This is not meant to be a free game..  never was.   Look I have spent a lot of money on the game and id be the first to say id love to save a few bucks  54 accounts can add up if I want to play them all.  I have shut down quite a few and have in mind more to go perma off.  im down to 43 I think it is or is it 42,..... well anyway to save would be nice but... not at the cost of me loosing out my toy because some players want to ditch paying all together and put that on others to fund the game.

Toddle House? They didn't last long for many reasons, free coffee wasn't one of them.

Tibia is just like UO in many ways. Having 54 accounts is insane, btw.  

I'm going to say this again, when a big change like this happens, it's not going to be perfect on step one.  It's going to come in phases.  First they need to open the EJ up and see how players are going to interact with it.  Then, they can fill needs with real money items.

This expectation that a major change like this is perfect on the first patch is unreasonable.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Lady_Storm
    It's ok you can have as many accounts as you want and play UO anyway you want to.  TY for supporting UO so well.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2018
    Larisa said:
    no MissE didn't...notice the part where she said NO BANK IS SO STUPID.....just because you keep posting doesn't mean people are going to start agreeing with you....we get that Broadsword wants to make money, we all want them to make money to keep the game alive....but not like this. 

I don't even bother reading her posts now, I glance over them at best, assume that she has belittled yet another poster then I move on. I also sweetened up my response as to not offend......as much.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I am not condemning Lady Storm, she's passionate as we all are and I commend her for that, such as a certain someone is passionate about the original phoenix art (grins) but to keep posting the same thing over and over in the hopes that people will eventually start agreeing with you is just silly.

They want people to either start playing or come back to playing, they want to make money, I want them to make money lol because I want to keep playing as long as I can but this no storage at all is a game-breaker for a LOT of people....like I've said before even a 20 slot *bank* to start with would go a long way...yes I know they'll be able to rent a vault for in-game gold, we don't know how much gold yet, hopefully it's a small amount as for a true new player it's not that easy to make a lot of gold quickly. WE as vets know how to do that and sure new players will get some help but without a TRUE New Player Experience (a friend pointed out to me that the Deluxe Starter pack would have been MUCH better if introduced as rewards for completing new player quests which I TOTALLY agree with) and without SOME storage to start them off other then their backpack, people just wont' be interested.

Here are just a FEW comments from potential returning players as posted on their FB page...these are LOST revenue, people who really wanted to come back but the no storage thing totally turned them off...

~So many restrictions not even worth playing. Good example of EA greed and their inability to let go of a dying game without squeezing at least one more nickel out of it. Can't even have a bank lol what a joke. Free2Play done horribly wrong.

~WOW no bank, ha ha ha ha what a joke. You almost had me goin. What a tease...

~I can understand the no housing, but it will not be worth it without a bank or a friend that constantly gives u gear/gold when u die. They need to give basic bank access for this to work.

~If there was bank access but no housing, that would be more understandable.

~was interested until I saw I only have a backpack for storage and that's it. You will be overloaded and can't move...

~I was considering this until I read that there was no access to the bank and no housing. I'll pass...

How many others feel the exact same way? A LOT I bet....now I know that EJ is still in it's infancy testing phase, so hopefully the team will take all of this to heart and tweak some things before the next balance pass and give us a bit more information on the monthy vault storage, fees etc. 

So far other then the storage issue and the fact that there is no true new player experience I think it's alright, only the future will tell and I have faith in the team!

So EA really didn't lose anything because all those people wanted to play for free and have it all.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    Bilbo said:
    So EA really didn't lose anything because all those people wanted to play for free and have it all.
    No. In alienating those potential players over a few server-cents worth of secure storage space even before they had a chance to try the game, EA lose the possibility that at least a part of them, after tasting the F2P version of UO, got hooked enough to the game to either subscribe and/or buy stuff from the online store.
    If this short-sighted kind of choice will be in the final specs and the one that made it final were working for me, the day after its implementation he could avoid the bother to show up for work. (and apologies if I messed up some consecutio temporum... :) )
    I.
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    No. In alienating those potential players over a few server-cents worth of secure storage space even before they had a chance to try the game, EA lose the possibility that at least a part of them, after tasting the F2P version of UO, got hooked enough to the game to either subscribe and/or buy stuff from the online store.
    If this short-sighted kind of choice will be in the final specs and the one that made it final were working for me, the day after its implementation he could avoid the bother to show up for work. (and apologies if I messed up some consecutio temporum... :) )
    I.
    No we are talking about vets that wanted to come back and play for free with about a 00.00% chance of resubing.  They left because the were no longer hooked enough to pay but would for FREE
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    I.
    No we are talking about vets that wanted to come back and play for free with about a 00.00% chance of resubing.  They left because the were no longer hooked enough to pay but would for FREE
    And, IYO, this group amount to how many people? IMO not many, multiboxers aside.

Anyway, this argument for now is moot, as by Mesanna words in the March Newsletter:

"4.  We know there has been a lot of discussion related to the amount of storage that Endless Journey accounts will have access to.  We are still actively developing means of allowing Endless Journey accounts access to some level of secure storage.  These options will not be part of the initial release of Endless Journey and may come at a later time."
  • InLorInLor Posts: 411
    So they heard us and will reconsider.  :)
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • No one is going to play without storage. That's nonsense. So if that is true then just give them a regular bank box and save them the trouble and server space of creating multiple EJ accounts for extra storage. Regardless of what they do UO people will know how to exploit it in a day. And for the love of God DON'T release EJ without any storage. That's crazy. If anyone subs up it will be for housing. UO has the coolest housing ever. I live out of my bank on Atlantic and it's a major pain with 125 items. Let's not restrict them right outta the game. Let's not make creating EJ a total waste of time.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies