Doom and the Dark Father’s spawn

2»

Comments

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    If you have a sampire soloing Doom you don't need anything from Doom. Plain and simple.

Doom is a place where characters who don't have the highest end gear in the game can go to, ya know, earn high end gear.  If you have Doom on farm on your samp then you are more than likely farming it to sell items.  Which is totally fine and dandy.  but as far as game progression and encounter design it is not, and should not, be the purpose of end game content.  yeah this comes down to casual vs hardcore, like everything.  But again, I say, end game content in an MMO should not be made easier by doing it alone.  Like it or not, it is poor game design.
  • Well said Pinkerton!
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Ok tonight sucks, four DFs and a HUGE spawn of undead, against 14 players several with pets.  Now I asked before and I am asking again, Fix the Dark Father spawn PLEASE and the teleporting away, that rubber band has to go, PLease cut it, cut back on the spawning, far to much.  Most of us play bards, tamers, we not meelee char, we had one person there that was meelee and even with two mages casting on him we could not assist him with the spawn since all they could do was heal heal heal.  Now we sure not getting any drops, and there no way we ever get the recipes either.  And with the one recipe selling for 174 million on Atlantic there no way we can buy it as most will not be selling it for anything less the 150million on most shards I bet.

So Please fix this, we tired of NOT having fun in Doom.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    My last attempt at a dark father with a group of four was really chaos. There was only the one, but we could barely damage it. The sheer number and strength of the spawn made it impossible for us.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Dark Father's shouldn't teleport back to the spawn point so often, especially when it's only within 2-3 screens distance from it in the first place.... nothing but an annoyance.

Flesh Renderers shouldn't turn yellow at all, let alone every ~300 damage.  it's more annoying than anything else.   I'd rather them temporarily gain the Executioner's Damage reflection, instead of going temporarily invulnerable.

Bug: fix the "Prized Lesser Artifact or higher quality" drop,  I have yet to even receive a "lesser Artifact or higher quality item" as a pack-drop, It's always been a "Greater Magic item" which is of Lower Quality than lesser artifact.   or better yet just have it drop as part of the corpse loot like it should have been.

Suggestion: Revamp the rest of the 100% useless legacy Doom Artifacts, so people aren't disappointed as hell when they get a drop in the first place.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    The problem is in their Nonsense "Add Spawn" Code which is literally a dice roll any time a monster takes any sort of damage. Ope Reflect physical did 1 point of damage better spawn 6 monsters. *Facepalm* 

Because of this, you want to hit the boss as hard and as heavy as you can, while avoiding doing any light damage. Reflect physical to a minimum/none. Magery pets would be a big no no. Summons also not suggested, the small amount of damage they will do isn't worth the risk of spawning more adds. Stick to Flamestrikes and keeping the dark father Corpse skinned on mages, Stick to 100% Fire Pets with Armor Pierce/armor Ignore on Tamers, a duo of Runic Corruption and the Inferno special would do some serious damage, Archers stick to Armor ignore. Onslaught,  Discord all beneficial. Even a character just tossing Evil Omen as fast as they can cast it would do wonders. Word of death for the finish. 

And if the spawn is getting out of hand, bring one Heavy Hitter with a two handed axe or War Hammer that can clean out all the adds in 1 swing. Putting Aoe's on your pets for the fight is just going to make it spawn more adds. Especially with multiple dark fathers. 
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Why does everything that people liked and didn't want changed to something worse always get changed to something worse? Despise, Doom, Haven....Sometimes people just want some fun, not a second job. 
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    The sheer amount of spawn corpses in those photos is ridiculous.  This needs to be addressed.  I will say it again, end game content should not be easier for one person than it is for a group.  Not in an MMO.  It seems to me like the devs have abandoned Doom.  I want it to be fun again.  But why do it?  When Shadowguard is FAR easier and has better rewards, there is no point in doing Doom.  Please fix.
    Pinkerton said:
    The sheer amount of spawn corpses in those photos is ridiculous.  This needs to be addressed.  I will say it again, end game content should not be easier for one person than it is for a group.  Not in an MMO.  It seems to me like the devs have abandoned Doom.  I want it to be fun again.  But why do it?  When Shadowguard is FAR easier and has better rewards, there is no point in doing Doom.  Please fix.
    Yes!!! Please fix it
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    or make shadowguard harder, its too easy to get the best loot in the game
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     Then why dont you do it?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Why do you even play this game?  I don't believe you have had one positive thing to say about it.
    Kronal said:
    Why do you even play this game?  I don't believe you have had one positive thing to say about it.

:D  :D :D :D :D :D

Copy cat!  I asked him the same Question!
    I use the forums to discuss things id like to see done, at least I post about changes id like, you guys just shoot ideas down.
    I use the forums to discuss things id like to see done, at least I post about changes id like, you guys just shoot ideas down.

How many times have you done Shadowguard?  Lets start there.
    a dozen times maybe a lil more
    a dozen times maybe a lil more
    How many Obis and Hawkwind robes did you get?
    edited May 2018
    1 obi, no robes. Several good legendary items though.
    also one pair of minax sandals I believe.
    Ok, we went back in tonight, different game plan, BUT even facing only one DF there was a TON of spawn.  As we came in on the beach one ran forward to scout the area while we got our parties (2) across.  The scout reported all the rooms sealed and only one DF standing, a leftover from someone.

Now here where I will once more step up on the soapbox and BEG that they reduce the side spawn that is produced by just one DF.

Now once we finally finish that one we hit the rooms, then it was a wash and rinse with four more.
    That is the spawn from ONE DF.

Here are shots of Part II

Now I hope they really look into reducing that mess, change it back or reduce the spawning, and CUT the rubber band on the DFs.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    @Drakelord Do we really need 40 pictures of PAS in Doom? LOL
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    As much as I like @Kyronix, he likes adding boatloads of extra spawn and/or pumping up mobs HP/resists to cray cray levels. While this works sometimes, its mostly just annoying  :p

Stygian Abyss bosses are the gold standard in difuculty/reward. They seem balanced in regards to difficulty vs their HP and specials.  Though when EMs/Mesanna add the paragon code (specifically to Slasher or Exodus code) it just gets stupid.

The Doom gauntlet shouldn't take over an hour. Add mobs should be a rare occurrence and shouldn't be opposite slayer...that's a crappy tactic which smacks of lazy design (I'm looking at you, elementals). Someone should always get something, weighted towards the recipes. The artifact drop(s) should be a legendary. Nobody gives a flying F about anything less.

I have yet to see a Doom gauntlet run where people didn't bail, citing boredom - or rage log due to not receiving any kind of drop for the umpteenth time. (Similar can be said of Shadowguard, but I haven't had any reason to do that in almost a year)
    edited May 2018
    KHAN said:
    @ Drakelord Do we really need 40 pictures of PAS in Doom? LOL
    Sure why not.  Our only reward for that mess was DF blood which non of us can use/do as we have yet to get SINGLE recipe from Doom, and we not about to pay 174 Million on Atl for one recipe
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    All those mobs.... even my sampire is a little nervous on that one!
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    LMAO, that looks like utter chaos. the mobs can be rough to manage, but with a small group of tamers the key seems to be focus on killing the mobs as they spawn, and you'll get it done. its not anywhere near as fast as a couple sampires, but it works. Also, mixing tamers and melee characters seems to be a recipe for disaster. the fast and heavy damage the dexers do really ramps up side-spawn rate to insane levels and makes it impossible to manage. Not really a problem if its all melee toons there, but if theres tamers trying to keep pets alive too, they goan die.

i would like to see spawn reduced though, it takes a fun but challenging encounter and turns it into a tiresome and annoying encounter. beyond that, the rubber banding is *maddening*. there should be no issue with dragging DFs off and doing them one at a time. cut the leash and let us use the environment to our benefit again.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    one more complaint - often i find the df porting me to him to instadie just after i rez in the healers room, before i can dress or heal up. talk about frustrating.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Part of our guild spent the day in Doom yesterday. 5 players, 2 of which were disco/provo/mage/tamers, 2 archers, and a full bard/mage. We killed the 1 dark father we saw when we arrived, did the rooms, killed the 2 DF's we spawned. WE did the rooms again, and killed the 3 DF's that spawned the second full round. Was it challenging? Sure. Was it time consuming? You bet. Did we have fun? Yes we did. Could we have done it more efficiently. Of course. But everybody got to bring some different characters, and we still were victorious! 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    KHAN said:
    Part of our guild spent the day in Doom yesterday. 5 players, 2 of which were disco/provo/mage/tamers, 2 archers, and a full bard/mage. We killed the 1 dark father we saw when we arrived, did the rooms, killed the 2 DF's we spawned. WE did the rooms again, and killed the 3 DF's that spawned the second full round. Was it challenging? Sure. Was it time consuming? You bet. Did we have fun? Yes we did. Could we have done it more efficiently. Of course. But everybody got to bring some different characters, and we still were victorious! 

;) :) B)
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    Doom is quite easy in group or solo. Im not sure what you guys talking about. 

If you can't handle it, fight something else like peerless.