Aren't players Houses EXPLODING for the increased item count load coming from Fellowship Insignia ?

Perhaps, JUST perhaps it is about time for another Storage Upgrade purchase be made possible ?

Just perhaps....

It has been stopped at +60% for Ages now, but new items get added over and over, often not even stackable, and this stresses the ability to store the new items....

Take, as only 1 example possible about many, the new Fellowship Insignia items.... it is loads and loads of new items, which do not stack..... that's quite a new load of stress on the already stressed up storage capacity of players.... and then we got the Annyversary items, the Holiday items and on and on and on....

Perhaps, JUST perhaps it is about time that we get given a +100% Bank and Storage Upgrade considering that it is years and years now since the +60% Bank and Storage upgrade was given ?

Thanks.

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2019
    Good idea, I second it. But the dialogue Players-Uo Staff, I suppose, wuld go like this: :D

Player - "I need moar storage space for all my stuff!!! :# :'( "
    UO Staff - "Do you need more storage space? Easy: buy o build another House. B) "
    Player - "But... but... Houses are limited to one for paying account! :o "
    UO Staff - "Indeed... o:) "

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Popps - I think you may have gone full circle. I seem to remember you making a post about this already.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited December 2019
    Just to sum it all up:
    You have 7x Characters with bank space of 175,
    You have the option of getting a boat for the extra storage,
    You have the option to use a davies locker, jewlery box, seed box to decrease amount of items
    You have +20% Increased storage space on your house
    You have +40% Increased storage space on your house
    You have +60% Increased storage space on your house
    Then you have the possibility to get a bigger house, a keep or a castle.
    Then you have the possibility of getting a second house, a third, a fourth,
              -all with increased spaces

If you have all these you are indeed on the top, candidate for "medal of Top Hoarder"

Im there, but Im not complaining about it :D

psycho said:
    Just to sum it all up:
    *** You have 7x Characters with bank space of 175,
    You have the option to use a davies locker, jewlery box, seed box to decrease amount of items
    *** You have +20% Increased storage space on your house
    *** You have +40% Increased storage space on your house
    *** You have +60% Increased storage space on your house
    *** Then you have the possibility of getting a second house, a third, a fourth,

If you have all these you are indeed on the top, candidate for "medal of Top Hoarder"

5 on the 8 alternatives you name are paid ones (***)... ;)

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2019
    psycho said:
    Just to sum it all up:

I beg your pardon but, WHY NOT a monetary income that would benefit Ultima Online as additional Resources for its maintainance and upkeep coming from a Bank and Storage +100% increase especially, considering that, to my understanding, the last ability to get additional extra House (+20%) and Bank (+25) storage, came in 2010 with the High Seas Expansion.

Which it was, well 9 Years ago....

And since this Year's Event was all about a High Seas revamp, wouldn't it be nice to "also" get an additional Bnk and Storage upgrade as purchaseable (+40% to reach a flat +100%....) ?

More money for UO, players happy to have more storage to accomodate all of the new items, everyone is happy.

Why not ?
  • Buy another acct. Problem solved. You seem to like this game, support it monthly. If the 10 bucks is gonna hurt you, quit the game and get a 2nd job.
  • I'd love and certainly would purchase another storage increase of some kind.
  • I’d buy that for a dollar . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    they did just add mannequins to the cleanup rewards
    put the matching outfits together...
    easier to sell a complete set, for those wishing to buy

but I have to be honest... I'd love the increase in storage too
    would be nice to have an even number in the bank...

I know the jewelry box helped with storage a lot... 
    I have been hoping for a box for armor, but with the mannequins added to cleanup, makes me want that less... and love they added the ability to see the stats
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    You can buy a vault for 3 bucks a month.
    @popps
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    You can buy a vault for 3 bucks a month.
    @ popps
    There is something which I never liked about Vaults .....

At https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/vaults/ it is indicated that : 

The player will now have access to their vault for thirty days. The player must keep their vault token balance up to date or risk losing their items. Vaults can have a prepaid balance up to three tokens at a time.Failure to pay vault rent will result in a player’s vault going into default which sends the player an in-game message stating that “Rent is past due for your Vault and your items will be lost after 168 hours unless you claim your Vault from the Vault Manager.”
    There could be a number of reason for a players forgetting or being unable to pay the rent, not logging into the game for real life reasons etc. etc.

No thanks.

It is no fun to come back to the game and founf one's own items gone because the rent was not paid....

I MUCH prefer a one time payment like it was for the various additional storage upgrades and be done with it, without having to worry about remembering to pay any rent or loose the items stored....

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I think more storage would be great.  These new armor pieces are definitely piling up fast, not to mention all of the new items added as time goes on.

Getting a bigger house is technically an option but finding a plot for a big house is very very difficult. 

Buying a second account just for storage seems like overkill, imo.

High capacity containers for armor and weapons would definitely help at least.

What would really be the harm is another storage bump?  I can't really think of anything.

• I've suggested another couple 20% storage increases myself.  Once even to Mesanna directly at a meet & greet.  She seemed surprised we wanted more storage.

The current Housing & Bank Storage upgrade code at the EA store is $20.  It would be nice to have two more that stack up to 100% house storage increase.  Be really nice if they also increased banks to 200 and 225.
    edited December 2019

I've suggested another couple 20% storage increases myself.  Once even to Mesanna directly at a meet & greet.  She seemed surprised we wanted more storage.

The current Housing & Bank Storage upgrade code at the EA store is $20.  It would be nice to have two more that stack up to 100% house storage increase.  Be really nice if they also increased banks to 200 and 225.
    And, most importantly, it is much NEEDED !!

The Developers keep adding, with new content, new items, often not even stackable, and MANY of them !!

Look at just this Year's Global Even... we got, NOT stackable, Merchant Maritime Cargo Crates, Fellowship Coins, Mysterious Fragments, the Fellowship Insignia items, the Rewards both from the Black Market Pirate and from the Fellowship, the new Shipwreck items centered around different Ships' wrecks (so if a player wanted to collect all of the wreck the amount of items that would need to be stored is exorbitant.....), Live Rock that does not stack etc.etc. etc.

Sure, some of them like the Cargo Crates, the Coins and the Fragments can be turned in BUT, often the way it works one segment one collects them, and the segment "after" one can then turn them in so, at least for a few months, it IS necessary to have to stock them up somewhere....

Furthermore, many players like to hold on to them and delay their being turned in, whatever their reasons to do that so, that is MORE storage space that becomes necessary....

So, it is a MUCH needed, as many players mentioned in this thread and other threads before this discussing the same one topiv AND, it would bring revenues to Ultima Online for its upkeep and maintainance and to fund better, new additions and new game content to it.

So, WHY NOT I need to ask to @Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix ?

Please, make an effort to get this done for the better benefit of players AND of Ultima Online's revenues....

Thank you SO much.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    No one is forcing you to keep all this stuff. The fellowship insignia stuff is of no interest to me, so I'm shoving it on a vendor at vdp. Let those who want to collect it have it.

if you really must think of it in terms of revenues, the game would get far more revenue if you opened another account, paying monthly, than if you have a storage increase and pay only once.
    edited December 2019
    No one is forcing you to keep all this stuff. The fellowship insignia stuff is of no interest to me, so I'm shoving it on a vendor at vdp. Let those who want to collect it have it.

if you really must think of it in terms of revenues, the game would get far more revenue if you opened another account, paying monthly, than if you have a storage increase and pay only once.
    Thing is, though, that unless one's own pockets are deep, usually, players need to make a compromise in between what they'd like to do, and their financial availability....

Not everyone can afford multiple game accounts' subscriptions so, rather then cutting down on their real life expenses needs, likely they renounce to additional game accounts and just do without the extra storage....

YET, these same players, instead, "might" be able to afford a one time purchase for some additional storage space.... that month they save up in real life for those 10 or 20 bucks, purchase the additional storage space and keep going....

What is better for Ultima Online, NO extra monthly subscription revenues (if players cannot afford multiple accounts and just suffer the storage limitations) OR, instead, "some" extra Revenues albeit a one time coming from the sale of a new Bank and House Storage Increase ?

Personally, I am of the opinion that "some" additional Revenues is still better then NO additional Revenues for UO....

Because, I would imagine, on average players who cannot afford multiple accounts will NOT spend additional money on additional accounts but, rather, suffer the storage limitations and keep going....

So, making available the sale of a new Bank and House storage increase would likely benefit of Revenues which are anyway lost to UO since those players most likely willing to spend, one time, on a purchase for additional Bank and Storage increase, would in no way consider the monthly subscription of an additional account.

"Some" additional Revenues for UO from a new Bank and House Storage Increase, is my thinking, is much better then no additional Revenues from "new" multiple Subscriptions when these players simply won't do those extra subscritions because they cannot (or have other priorities to spend their money on...) to spend that extra account subscription money....

Lastly, an Bank and House Storage Increase is usually a "percentage" gain.

A new, subscribed account, permits the owning of another House which can "double" the storage of a player in UO.

If a player has with Account A an 18 x 18 House and gets X storage, a Bank and House Storage Increase would only increase that capacity of a %. Usually, 20% unless they want to make it 30% or 40%.

With an additional account B, the player can have "another" 18x18 and effectively "double" the storage capacity in UO .... not increase it only by a mere percentage.

So, they are 2 different purchases targeting 2 different needs for different players having different needs and purchasing abilities.

They can well co-exist side-to-side, to my opinion.

That is, offering to players a new Bank and Housing Storage Increase does NOT prevent players who can afford it, to want to subscribe for additional Accounts and, thus, increase their storage ability far more then what % the Bank and House Storage Increase purchase would give them.

That is at least the way I see it.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Also, buying a second account and adding a second house just for storage just adds to the housing scarcity problem.  

High capacity armor/weapon storage would be a great help. 
    If we can't that, then more storage would be great.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited December 2019
    @popps how do you have spare coins, cargo and fragments?  I ran any body that wanted the necklace thru the quest.

My coin getter is up to 550k so I can only get coins with gm cargo now.  I'll use others at the end to get some coins to keep.

There is no reason to keep those things other than deco.  Tritons will be great pets for returnees.

Do you only think of yourself Popps?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    psycho said:
    Just to sum it all up:

I am down to 2 Castles with all the storage savers and you forgot to add the 80+ vendors used to store BOD Books
    Do I qualify for the "Hoarder" title?
    @popps if you have to literally save to make a $10 purchase then why are you wasting $10 a month for subs to a game plus your internet costs if money is that tight.  When you have to use the I am so poor that I have to save up $10 but I can pay $10 a month for a game really takes away from your argument
  • Stop. Hoarding. 

#sorted
    NEVER
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

My departed mother was a bit of a hoarder. It is taking me a while to go through her stuff. It has got me thinking that I hoard too much stuff in the game that I will never use even for deco.  Who really needs 500+ treasure maps and a 100+ sea chests?

edited December 2019
    Bilbo said:
    NEVER

Strangely enough, I TOTALLY agree with you... :D
  • TimSt said:

My departed mother was a bit of a hoarder. It is taking me a while to go through her stuff. It has got me thinking that I hoard too much stuff in the game that I will never use even for deco.  Who really needs 500+ treasure maps and a 100+ sea chests?

Bilbo . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D 
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    I'd like it if the storage increase for houses was a flat gain instead of a percentage. That way small house owners would get an equal return for the money they plunk down for the extra storage that keep and castle owners get. 
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited December 2019
    AQHF said:
    I'd like it if the storage increase for houses was a flat gain instead of a percentage. That way small house owners would get an equal return for the money they plunk down for the extra storage that keep and castle owners get. 

And we would like to build a custom house like everyone else can
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    AQHF said:

And we would like to build a custom house like everyone else can
    Eh, I'm talking about the increased storage that we buy, not the increased storage one gets from just having a bigger plot. If everyone got the same storage from their house regardless of size, the percentile increase from buying expanded storage would be the same anyway, and I wouldn't have an issue with it. I'm just talking about having the increased storage add on having a flat increase.