Mystic Archer, the healing stone, and enhanced client macro

I'm starting up a Mystic Archer character, and have run into a problem using a healing stone (think healing potion that you can create on the fly and has about 7 charges). Mystics have a second heal that also cures and might lift curses, Cleansing Winds. (At least Mystics with over 58 skill do.) So I think he'll be alright on taking care of battle damage.  His goal template is:

120: Archery, Tactics
120: Mysticism, Focus
120: Resist Spells, Meditation
- - - - -
80d/90i/60s

Golden Eagle is an Elf, so with his 20 extra mana he may not need Meditation, or I could keep 60 Med and add 60 Chivalry so he has easy rune travel and some more attack bonus abilities.

Having set context, here is the problem.  The Healing Stone, like a potion, requires a free hand to use, and all bows are two-handed.  I've tried various iterations of building an enhanced client macro which would disarm him, use the Stone, and re-arm. So far all I've been able to do is disarm.  Here is the current macro:
  1. unequip left hand
  2. wait for target
  3. healing stone (dragged to macro-editing block)
  4. wait for target
  5. equip last weapon

He will disarm but goes no further.  (Yes, I've tried it wounded.)  I didn't think I needed the "wait for target"s, but it didn't work without them.  Nor with them. What would be the correct macro?

One last thing.  He started with a spell book with 5 of 16 spells. Without buying a full book, do I get the rest by hunting in Ter Mur?

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited March 2018

@Rock

This is in EC:

Unequip: Left Hand

Delay: 1.0

Healingstone: Target Self

Delay: 1.0

Equip: Selected Item

I just tested it and it works fine. You'll have to drag the healing stone back into the macro every time you create a new one I think. Although there is probably some way to just use healing stones.

You should be able to get mysticism scrolls from Ter Mur, yes. Or from vendor search.

Good luck!

-Arroth
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Arroth_Thaiel,

Thank you!  The macro worked as shown. It had not occurred to me to "target self" on the stone. As far as I know, it only works on self. The macro need not be re-edited upon creation of a new healing stone.  If that were necessary, people using potions and macros in EC would be pi**ed.

Once the macro was verified, I shortened the delay times from 10 seconds each to 3 seconds. Waiting 10 seconds to heal and 10 more seconds to re-arm felt way too long.  That's 20 seconds with no weapon! The 3-second delays seem to work fine.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited March 2018

@Rock

Glad it worked. Didn't know the healing stone would re-add to the macro. That's awesome.

My delay was actually 1, not 10. It shows up in my macro as 1.0 so that's what I put in the forum.

I tried it at less than 1, but it wouldn't work even at 0.9.

You could probably shorten your delay from 3 to 1 though, it should still work fine.

-Arroth
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    If you add balanced to your bows you wouldn't need that macro at all.  Just FYI
    @Aroth_Thaiel,
    I'm blind.  For some reason my eyes thought your "1.0" was "10".  I decided not to push things, and went with 1.4.  So with a 2.8 second cycle, it will be like losing one bow shot.
    @The_Higgs_1, Cool.  His ideal bow would have the spell channeling and balanced properties.  In a perfect world, it would have FC as well, to counteract the -1 FC which accompanies spell channeling.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Rock said:
    @ The_Higgs_1, Cool.  His ideal bow would have the spell channeling and balanced properties.  In a perfect world, it would have FC as well, to counteract the -1 FC which accompanies spell channeling.

You could always just get the town bonus to make up for the -FC on the bow.  Which would allow for more properties on the bow for damage.  Don't know if you know about the town bonus or not but it is extremely helpful with that.
  • no need for sc-1 on the bow. with mysticism all you need to do is cast enchant and you get sc-1 and 60% hit spell on your weapon. if you're aiming for 2/6 casting then you need to make up for the -1fc either with the town bonus or by having fc1 on your bow or somewhere else.
    @Max_Blackoak, Enchant is a really nice spell even with Mysticism still mid-range; he already receives the hit spell benefit.  When his skill reaches 80, then it becomes even better.  It will grant a temporary spell channeling property to any weapon he yields. I'd just like him to be able to shoot and cast freely now, even before his Mysticism reaches 80. Enchant may be the best weapon-buff spell there is.

I do hope duration of Enchant will grow as his skill grows.  Right now (@50.2 Mysticism) it lasts about 65 seconds -- quite useful!  It would be great if he did not have to worry about recasting it several times in a long battle. It brings up an annoying gump every cast, asking which spell attack to use. Being able to somehow set a default effect would be great, but if he can I don't know how to set it up.