Auction Mechanics?

Based on the lack of responses to my previous inquiries, I'm doubtful I'll receive any answers.  But what the heck:

Last night (2019-10-02) I attended the Europa auction.  It was fun just watching the proceedings.  I saw several items that I would have liked to have bid on.  However, I was unable to discern the mechanics of how one pays and receives the goods in question.  It appears, that upon winning, the victor approaches the auction area, and after a few seconds returns, satisfied, to her seat.  There is a vendor towards the back of the auction area.  Is this where one pays and acquires their spoils?

Now, I'm old, and probably not too bright.  And it's been 10+ years since last playing UO on Atlantic.  So if someone would kindly spend a couple of minutes explaining how it all works I'd be ever so grateful.

In any event, cheers!  And happy trails.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    If you had spoken up someone would have been happy to tell you how it works

The NPC is used merely to display items when the auction lot is too large, or too numerous, for display in the small area where the auctioneer stands. This is because someone started buying the items off the vendor who wasn't the auction winner.

The auction lot, when won, is collected by Geoffrey and the winning bidder trades with him while Amantala auctions the next lot.
  • Thanks Petra_Fyde that helps a lot.  :).  I considered speaking up, but Amantala had asked that we keep chatter to a minimum because she would miss bids.  And a couple of weeks prior I suddenly found myself out side of the house (uncertain why)--I didn't want to breach protocol.  Anyway, thank you for the details and perhaps I'll score something next week!