"Vendor Search" Suggestion: can Sold Items DB be made Searchable?

IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
Couldn't be useful to have the DB of the items sold by Vendors made Searchable?
IMO it could help both honest Sellers (to avoid to put for sale their stuff pricing it too high to be sold) and Buyers, so they could have an idea of the prices of the recently sold same Items, and so be able to avoid to be swindled by Sellers that take advantage, e.g., of being the only one to offer that Item, maybe for a single day, to price it at insane levels.
Expecially New EJ Players, that at first couldn't have a clear idea of the "normal" value of even "Mundane" Items, IMO could highly benefit from and "historical sales" search function.
Maybe at least for the last month, or even last couple of weeks, sales, to avoid too much burden to the Vendor Search engine...
I.
Tagged:

Comments

• PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    It does kinda suck that some people will put their items for sale at a higher price because there’s no other same item on sale, but I suppose it’s “welcome to supply and demand”  :p

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    PapaSmurf said:
    It does kinda suck that some people will put their items for sale at a higher price because there’s no other same item on sale, but I suppose it’s “welcome to supply and demand”  :p
    Hi Papa! :)
    1) UO is (luckily, IMO) not exactly a "pure" unregulated Ayn Rand's wet dream capitalist market: e.g.: initial houses placement costs and walls modifications are, if not exactly "subsized", surely regulated to the low end (by today UO items GP costs) by UO PTB;
    2) without entering in high level economical issues, what I propose is not the "secondary market intrusion" through to enforcement of players' Vendors fixed prices, but a tool to help Buyers to make a more, as much as possible, informed coiche, as the ones the WEB (whithin certain limits, OC...) gives to all consumers today BitRW (and that, I suppose, you too use before buying a RL item... ;) ;
    3) if "Supply and Demand" means that swindlers rules... well, why not introduce in UO too, as it is today in RL, Derivative, Futures, Edging, etc. in the Deed Markets and pop some corn, making (edged, OC...) bets on how many pico-seconds it will take to what remains of UO economy to bite the dust... :D
    I.