Hey, do you remember me?

JCtheBuilderJCtheBuilder Posts: 44
edited September 2019 in General Discussions
Hey all,

I have been thinking recently about all the stuff I’ve done in UO over the last 20 years. Which is perhaps more than I give myself credit for. I started all the way back in August 1999!

If anyone has any stories of interacting with me, either directly or indirectly, good or bad, I’d love for you to post them here. I don’t remember a lot of people unfortunately. And I’ve probably forgotten some good things that have happened. 

Most probably know me through the information site I created, UOGuide. I’ve gotten many messages over the years of people about how much it has helped them. But I’ve done a lot of other stuff too (rough chronological order):

- UOPowergamers writer and contributor
- UORares contributor and current (not active) administrator
- Atlantic Shadowlords 2000-2002 logistical and strategist officer
- HOT Guild member and councilor
- UO Atlantic forum administrator and solo moderator/babysitter (not recently!)
- Atlantic Tradeboard creator
- UORares Museum and Auction House
- UOGuide creator and administrator
- Wintermoor Museums current curator
- Early consultant or person who basically emailed a developer and said “do these 3 simple things that will only take 1 hour to program” that completely revived Factions back in 2008
- Ran a little “Return to Britannia” campaign of my own where I emailed hundreds, if not thousands, from UO Atlantic forum plus helped revitalize HOT Guild from complete inactivity
- Atlantic Moonglow Governor that shook things up a few years ago

If you played on Atlantic then you probably known or been killed by me as Link from [HOT].

Anyway, hoping to read some good stories. Even if you just want to say “I know who you are” or what you think about me that is fine. Just trying to get a sense on how big an impact I’ve had. 

Thanks. 

Oh, and if anyone has any questions I’ll be happy to answer them.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Nope.
    *Part of the what have you done for me lately crowd.*

Welcome back NOOB.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    WOW  Glad to see you are still here.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    edited September 2019
    The moderators say I am not allowed to post my message to you. So I will change it.

Be safe we are here for you if you need us.

• - Early consultant or person who basically emailed a developer and said “do these 3 simple things that will only take 1 hour to program” that completely revived Factions back in 2008
    I very distinctly remember this!  Was I happy about all the changes at that point?  Not really, but at least it got more people into factions.  Too bad factions went away.  Glad to see you're still around.

• - HOT Guild member and councilor

So not only did some moron guild you - he also made you councilor? Wonder who would have done that...

ps - it's called council - no one says councilor.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    The moderators say I am not allowed to post my message to you. So I will change it.

Be safe we are here for you if you need us.
    You are able to send this user a private message.

• Rafman said:

So not only did some moron guild you - he also made you councilor? Wonder who would have done that...

ps - it's called council - no one says councilor.
    I don’t think he plays much UO anymore, like me.

PS - if I wrote council it would look like I was the whole council :/
  • I don't play often on Atlantic due time zone.
    But I honor the ability to have access to the uoguide website. Well I have added some stuff there from time to time. E. G. The rl Pic of the garden shed. Every time I found something I didn't find on uoguide I try to spend some minutes to expand the UO handbook.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Glad to see you're still kickin' it. :)

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited September 2019
    I went looking for your place one time, but I was to late you were gone.  I still use your wonderful UO Guide, thanks!
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • I use UOGuide on a regular basis so thank you for that.