Forsaken Foes : Will the Britannian Ship get any Bonus/Specialtyfor fighting the foes ?

Considering its high price, and the fact that its larger size has been deterring its use against Plunder Beacon where the spawn blocking movements makes maneuvering harder, I was wondering whether, at least for Forsaken Foes, the Britannian Ship is going to be given some Bonus or Specialty when fighting/summoning the foes....

After all, this is the High Seas revamp so, I think, it would make sense to have something also for the Britannian Ship motivating players to want to get it....

Has it been discussed by the Devs whether there will be anything in Forsaken Foes specific for the Britannian Ship ?

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited August 2019
    Then they have to do something for the Tokuno, Orc  and Gargoyle ships too, don't you think ? Since they haven't received anything special since this event started. Brit ships get addons, others don't ..nuff said...for now.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,961
    edited August 2019
    Then they have to do something for the Tokuno, Orc  and Gargoyle ships too, don't you think ? Since they haven't received anything special since this event started. Brit ships get addons, others don't ..nuff said...for now.
    Thing is, that the Britannian Ship sells on the UO Store so, making it of a special Appeal throughout the Forsaken Foes, might result in helping UO with better revenues.... the other Ships, I would imagine, would not have the same results...
  • MargeMarge Posts: 722
    They can also hold double the weight in the cargo hold - 28k stones compared to the Tokuno's 14k.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I don't think the purpose of the store is to sell overpowered items that can not be attained in game somehow.

It is mostly deco, vanity pets, and some quality of life items. 

No pay to win thank you.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    popps said:
    Thing is, that the Britannian Ship sells on the UO Store so, making it of a special Appeal throughout the Forsaken Foes, might result in helping UO with better revenues.... the other Ships, I would imagine, would not have the same results...

Some the Brit ships special abilities: 
    1. Just as it gets blocked by spawn, it is great for blocking spawn.
    2. The two limited lock downs.
    3. Great for ship mining.
    4. Large Fishing Platform particularly for traps.
    5. BIG Cargo Hold.
    6. Can really annoy other players with them particularly when you have a  dozen of them.
    7. Not uncommon to find 2-3 merch and pirate ships in a line or a cluster.  Pull the big brit ships along side or inbetween and odds are you have a cannon or two that will hit every ship in the cluster. 
    8. It can be obtained in game and not just store.
    9. A very large fighting platform compared to the other ships. 
    10.  Can more easily do group things on board them particularly in fel and on Siege with out everyone and pets stam blocking everyone else.  

They have some hefty drawbacks but well worth having as they are in your pixel fleet of toy boats.  Just not the right tool for every job.
    Grace said:
    I don't think the purpose of the store is to sell overpowered items that can not be attained in game somehow.

It is mostly deco, vanity pets, and some quality of life items. 

No pay to win thank you.
    But the Britannian Ship CAN be attained in the game....

It needs to collect 10,000,000 points.

No pay to win, already......

edited August 2019
    Tyrath said:
    popps said:

Some the Brit ships special abilities: 
    1. Just as it gets blocked by spawn, it is great for blocking spawn.
    2. The two limited lock downs.
    3. Great for ship mining.
    4. Large Fishing Platform particularly for traps.
    5. BIG Cargo Hold.
    6. Can really annoy other players with them particularly when you have a  dozen of them.
    7. Not uncommon to find 2-3 merch and pirate ships in a line or a cluster.  Pull the big brit ships along side or inbetween and odds are you have a cannon or two that will hit every ship in the cluster. 
    8. It can be obtained in game and not just store.
    9. A very large fighting platform compared to the other ships. 
    10.  Can more easily do group things on board them particularly in fel and on Siege with out everyone and pets stam blocking everyone else.  

They have some hefty drawbacks but well worth having as they are in your pixel fleet of toy boats.  Just not the right tool for every job.
    Well, I'd really like to see some "additional" Bonuses for the Britannian Ship within the Forsaken Foes upcoming content..... I would see it rightly "fitting" to it.

And, it might have the added bonus to bring more revenues to Ultima Online which is always a good thing as it allows to get more new content and fixes done for Ultima Online....
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I am totally completely entirely against this idea in every way.

No way a store bought item should have more benefits than what we can buy ingame with gold.

Dont start further down this slope, stop it while you can.   Otherwise might as well go ahead and make it all pay2win, and destroy the last vestiges of dignity we still have with this dinosaur.

No way a store bought item should have more benefits than what we can buy ingame with gold.

Dont start further down this slope, stop it while you can.   Otherwise might as well go ahead and make it all pay2win, and destroy the last vestiges of dignity we still have with this dinosaur.
    But it is not only a store bought item....

It CAN be obtained in the game....

It needs to collect 10,000,000 points.

So, there is no issue about that and, yet, it would still help with getting resources for Ultima Online which is always good as it helps with the upkeep of UO, I need to imagine....
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    yeah, like anyone is still gonna grind out those points.  lol  

But okay, yeah.  
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    More like "Yeah, the Brit ship will make more money for this game than the selling of Gold would".
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    it should do more damage than an orc ship it's huge it should have huge powerful cannons...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

If you had not noticed UO has been P2W for a LOng time now.
    McDougle said:
    it should do more damage than an orc ship it's huge it should have huge powerful cannons...

That I can agree with if they cut its speed by 20%