Oracle of the Sea

GraceGrace Posts: 148
edited August 2019 in Test Center
If these are going to be so much easier to get via crafting, are they going to be a lesser form of the original one from the Fishmonger quests? I hope...

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Easier is relative. I have the 3 ocean sapphires needed to make one, but it took 9 white SoS to get them.  That's easy when you're getting the mibs from a clicky on test, not so easy when you're fishing for them on regular shards.
  • I hope we still can get them from fishmonger quests. And the baits , to me they seems as hard to get. Even harder but that must be the RNG.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Are they seriously making this a craftable ? Good grief, my time in this game may be coming to an end finally. I've only ever had one of these items no it's not so much the item getting ruined as it is the High Seas getting ruined. First they make click and fire cannons and now the hardest to get items will be craftable ? 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited August 2019
    I am looking forward to finally being able to attempt this boss. I am sorry that the tiny fraction of the population that had the patience to acquire the keys for it will be out some income or exclusivity, but as Petra said this craftable version is still going to take a fair amount of grind and RNG. If they add rewards to Charybdis that make the boss worth doing, then white SOS and the special crafting ingredients from those chests will have value for fishers. Probably more value, overall, then the oracle/bait did before this revamp. 
  • I got 3 oracles but just 1 bait ever. I think its sad that players cant do that boss more often. Its a different experiense. But there has been no loot from it worth anything. If the loot will improve , why not just let the oracle and baits drop more often from the fish monger quest? Thoose doesnt have much of interest, now even less.The lower rewards like other  baits and lava traps are not working as they should, We need more rewards that make sence and worth the effort!

I would prefer removing the need for it as opposed to making it craftable.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited August 2019
    A boss that no one can access is extremely frustrating, and, in the grand scheme of things, bad for the game. It has not really mattered though, cuz the boss doesn't have anything that many people want. So what really matters here is if they update the boss to have rewards people want. In which case, the extreme difficulty of keying it will be a massive turn off. Kyronix already said that the fishing quest system is massive, and that they are not going to touch it any time soon. I think this was a simpler solution, without making it super easy. Just less horribly tedious... I hope...
    edited August 2019
    The fishing quest system is massive ? Good grief then the New player quest system in New Haven must be considered COLOSSAL in the Devs eyes, because it's way more detailed. The fishing quest system wasn't even updated when they added new fishing ports, what ? almost 2 y rs ago ? Massive ? lol I hope those were your words and not theirs.

I've been through all the crafting menus now, and am full to the brim with questions I'm dying to know the answers to :D
    I've made the oracle of the sea, I broke a LOT of glass doing it. Yes, it's craftable, but not without considerable difficulty both in obtaining the resources and succeeding in making it.

I may have miscounted but there are 372 individual quests listed on UO Guides page. Of those there are 3 that pertain to the High Seas, the 3rd is Professional Fisher Quest which while it can be received in multiple towns, is really only one quest. Now maybe @Kyronix meant the entire quest system is massive and to make changes to Fishing related ones would be time consuming, to say that Fishing quests in general are massive, is well......

*sigh* Massive in the sense that there are a lot of quest items, in a huge number of combinations. I started to look for the post, but then I decided that my opinion really does not matter anyway.
    The fishing quest system is quite complex, if you think about it. The fisher's reputation and order status is stored by town.  You will get different sizes of quest from different towns, depending on the size of the quest you last delivered for that town, plus of course you have to work your way up to the larger quests. It's a lot more complicated than see the fishmonger, take a quest and deliver it. 

I'm not sure what they can do with it, but I'm hoping maybe they've switched out some of the rewards and, potentially, some of the new recipes might come from them,hopefully instead of those dratted books!
    Does renting a NM stall on TC1 have any effect on my live shard's stall? I would like to see if the new ingredients can go on the stalls.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Stalls are per shard anyway. You can have a stall on multiple shards, or even one on each facet of a single shard.
     :'( 

For what it is worth, it took 18 ancient SOS for me to get enough ingredients to craft one set of Oracle and Bait. I am not sure how long it takes most people to obtain that many white SOS, but it takes me quite a while. I have the option to buy them from other players, and I get gold, deco, etc plus chance at drops from Leviathan or Scalis from the resulting white nets. This is probably still going to be the most time consuming boss to key, but at least it won't be near-impossible and I can get at least SOME sort of reward I like along the way.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    The hope is that by allowing a crafting path to keying Charybdis it allows more folks to participate in that encounter.  We'll be focusing on this update in our next TC Release, where more information will be available regarding the crafting & new loot coming from various boss encounters.

My comments related to fishing are in the context of the entire fishing system.  There's a lot of moving parts, and any substantive changes to fishing can easily eat up an entire publish.  That said, I'm not giving up hope that one day you'll be able to fire a ballista launched harpoon at a keg of purple potions lodged in the maw of a grotesque sea monster...with lots of teeth

A guy can dream right? 
  • I hope we can get it from the quests still.  Preferably instead of the books that we get lots and dont even have turnin points! Same f
  • Same for baits. Or does this mean the fish monger quest will not get anything ? I doubt players will bother with it ..we go on neclecting it as we did for years. The 120 ps is still there, no other way to get it..but does it make any difference exept for legendary on the paperdoll?

Nothing changes with regard to how the items are currently collected, we only added an ADDITIONAL path to obtain & craft them.
    edited August 2019
    Tanager said:
    *sigh* Massive in the sense that there are a lot of quest items, in a huge number of combinations. I started to look for the post, but then I decided that my opinion really does not matter anyway.
    Your opinion matters, you just don't like having a 2 or more sided discussion.

• VioletViolet Posts: 372
    edited August 2019
    I think the oracles being able to be crafted in addition to the reward from the quest is a great change to the game.  You still need to get all the components.  Making content available to a higher percentage of the player base is almost always a win.

Garth_Grey said:
    I've only ever had one of these items no it's not so much the item getting ruined as it is the High Seas getting ruined. First they make click and fire cannons and now the hardest to get items will be craftable ? 
    Many expansions sold and more people out doing high seas the past 5 months than ever before is your definition of ruined? *scratches head*

• I just had hoped the fish monger quests had been worth doing again even after getting the PS, And with worth doing I mean no big money but enjoying the sea breese without cursing myself for spending time on this and getting dissapionted how ill things work.  .Anyhow we get lots of interesting things to do and pretty stuff so ill stop concerning about it now. :|
    Violet said:
    I think the oracles being able to be crafted in addition to the reward from the quest is a great change to the game.  You still need to get all the components.  Making content available to a higher percentage of the player base is almost always a win.

Garth_Grey said:
    I've only ever had one of these items no it's not so much the item getting ruined as it is the High Seas getting ruined. First they make click and fire cannons and now the hardest to get items will be craftable ? 
    Many expansions sold and more people out doing high seas the past 5 months than ever before is your definition of ruined? *scratches head*

No, the number of parked ships everywhere which will now be even higher as people fish all day and night and recall home leaving their ships everywhere...that kind of ruined.

• GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I would prefer removing the need for it as opposed to making it craftable.
    I agree. Then we would at least have rare deco to show for all the quests we did. 

Or just make the craftable ones have a tag clearly showing it is crafted  and it
    has limited uses before it breaks. 

Please consider this Kyronix.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2019
    Kyronix said:
    new loot coming from various boss encounters.
    New or nerfed? 

Can you please elaborate before it is too late (i.e. it hits TC)? Not lookin to do free QA for you guys again after that last fiasco, but happy to tell you if its trash or not up front if you let us know what you changed.

Still crossing my fingers Scalis doesnt get ruined. Please!
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    JollyJade said:
    Kyronix said:
    new loot coming from various boss encounters.
    New or nerfed? 

Can you please elaborate before it is too late (i.e. it hits TC)? Not lookin to do free QA for you guys again after that last fiasco, but happy to tell you if its trash or not up front if you let us know what you changed.

Still crossing my fingers Scalis doesnt get ruined. Please!
    Details on the next release will be available on UO.com is live.

While we appreciate your perspective on upcoming changes, it is just that - your own.  We will evaluate all feedback as we do and take action accordingly.  We look forward to constructive feedback on what’s currently live on TC1.
    Placing animated deeded items in EC has always been problematic... I don't think this is just with the aquariums. Sometimes they do not fully load when they are placed, but relogging resolves the graphics issue . Some one standing nearby in EC can see it just fine while you do not. The item IS there. Sometimes animated items do not load in EC until you mouse over them. I don't know if these are the same issues with the aquariums, but it seems that way to me. IMO it is not the aquariums that are bugged, but an animation graphics bug with EC itself. I have not had this issue with the PC I am using now, which has a different video card/drivers than my usual one.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Not being a windows person other then UO I really don't know and have to ask.
    Are any other games still using "DirectX" for graphics ?