Nether Cyclone

PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
Is there any reason that this is the only AOE spell that does not split damage?  Every other AOE that used to not split has been updated because of how overpowered it was.  This spell for some reason was over looked.  

Comments

• LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Wither doesn't, supernovas don't, thunderstorm doesn't, wind doesn't, hit area on weapons doesn't.  Thats just off the top of my head warshak.
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    Lynk said:
    Wither doesn't, supernovas don't, thunderstorm doesn't, wind doesn't, hit area on weapons doesn't.  Thats just off the top of my head warshak.
    HaHaHa
    edited July 2019
    Some more things to consider.  Lets compare to hailstorm and others. It takes more mana, it is impossible to get 100% success to cast it, it does not damage hidden targets, and it has a noticeably longer cast time.  It appears to me that it is intentionally different than other ranged AoE spells in a few areas.
  • ReywindReywind Posts: 17
    nether cyclone also does chaos damage so you can't control what type of damage you're doing with it
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    LOLOL. Wither is not ranged, spellweaving spells do almost no damage, used for FC/FCR debuffs only.  I love lynks awful attempts at a argument so he can continue to exploit something that should've been fixed.  
    Yea people totally farm despise with weavers because of FC/fcr debuffs not damage.   :D
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Lynk is correct. Wind provides excellent damage to mobs in spawns. 
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 90

anyway. It's not like the dev went to do something . i agree with paith but at the same time they do not do anything with the shatter potion .I would be very surprised that they are doing something
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    edited July 2019
    Umm this is a pvp thread, were not talking about weaving being used in pvm here.  LOLOLOL
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    come to Siege Perilous and see weaving being used to reveal stealthers in PvP. Works great.
  • ReywindReywind Posts: 17
    Also earthquake doesn't split damage
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    I did not know that I had to be more specific as it is pretty obvious as to what I was talking about-but here we go:  A Ranged Spell you can precast and does sizeable damage  on multiple targets at once.

If you can name another spell that fits that criteria- please let me know.  

Two notable spells that were nerfed due to this exact mechanic:  Meteor Swarm and Hailstorm.
  • LearnMeLearnMe Posts: 43
    Base damage on a single target is the same. So if you split damage between targets on nether cyclone, you may as well remove nether from the spellbook.  Higher mana, fizzle at 120 mystic to basically do the same damage as hailstorm?  Unless you feel all of that extra cost validates maybe doing 2-3 more points of damage if someone happens to be refined for cold resist against hailstorm.  

Just wondering what the advantage of nether over hailstorm becomes if you split damage.
    edited July 2019
    Paithan said:
    I did not know that I had to be more specific as it is pretty obvious as to what I was talking about-but here we go:  A Ranged Spell you can precast and does sizeable damage  on multiple targets at once.

Two notable spells that were nerfed due to this exact mechanic:  Meteor Swarm and Hailstorm.
    All of those spells also: cost less mana, can be cast with 100% success rate, has a lower cast time, and hit hidden players.  Seems like a trade off.  Are you suggesting that nether cyclone should act exactly like hail storm in every way? Since they are thebsame damage what would be the point of the spell existing?
    edited July 2019
    Lynk said:
    Paithan said:

All of those spells also: cost less mana, can be cast with 100% success rate, has a lower cast time, and hit hidden players.  Seems like a trade off.  Are you suggesting that nether cyclone should act exactly like hail storm in every way? Since they are thebsame damage what would be the point of the spell existing?
    It's not the same.  It drains mana and stam.  I don't recall any other spell doing that.  Do you?

Why did meteor swarm and hailstorm get nerfed to split damage?  You are saying cause it costs minimally more mana and you can cast at 100% vs 96%?  Is that your argument? Oh and it doesn't hit hidden players (who cares?)
    @Mesanna @Bleak ; Any response to this?
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    edited August 2019
    I’ll respond for the devs

..soon™