Reduce drop rates of decent items, not increase

Probably not going to make any friends suggesting this, but since returning to UO from a time away the major thing ive noticed is how easy it is to get kitted out with ridiculously powerful items for practically nothing

Obviously the really high end rare items are still expensive, but even then they dont appear to be rare. I get artifacts all the time and throw them in the Clean-up bin. In which case, it wasnt really an artifact in the 1st place. Some major or or lesser magical items are better than most artifacts with the right stats

I think rare items should really be rare, artifacts should be artifacts and legendarys should truly be legendary.

Everything and anything seems to drop loads of loot, and i seem to spend more time rooting through piles of "junk" looking for these potentially better items when in reality they dont really add that much more to your characters

Professions seem pointless now apart from a few rewards. back in the day Runic kits were king, now they are just used to Reforge (which was introduced to try and counter the fact that random magic items were better than anything you could craft)

All in all i think  toning back on the items drops would benefit things better, so those truly rare or legendary items are actually legendary.

There is a vendor on my server that sells legendarys for 40k gold. Obviously not the best ones, but you can kit yourself out in full legendarys for 500k gold. Any tamer can farm that form miasma in a day..

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    They have made great strides towards achieving what you want wwith this tmap update, from what some of the spreadsheets are showing
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282

I think rare items should really be rare, artifacts should be artifacts and legendarys should truly be legendary.

Problem is, the vast majority of the legendaries and artifacts are worthless or inferior to the stuff you can imbue. This goes both for random generation stuff and for the ones designed by devs. 
    Truly good ones are very rare and expensive indeed. It still can take years to make a good melee suit. Decreasing the drop rate will mean that most players will not get anything useful in their life times.