Stacking Crates and Chests

So have been away a couple of years from the game. I remember stacking (large) crates was fairly easy, but it seems every time i try it my large chest gets put into my other large chest when I try to stack it on top of the other. Is there a trick to pull it off?

tnx

Comments

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited May 2019

There's only a small margin for error when stacking the large crates and the chests. 

It's right in front of the crate.  Just keep trying.  
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Are you doing this in your house or are you asking how to do this in order to create an impassable wall to block others/mobs.  If it is in your house than use the housing tool and raise the crate and place another one under it.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426

Drop on the red X area to place on top of bottom white one. You can also stack 3 tiny pouches and put one chest in each and axe the pouch and the crates will stack. You can put all 3 in one pouch axe it and then raise each one after locking them down. You can place things in corners like where the far rights ones are with the pouch method like I did here. The pouches need to be unlocked to axe them.
  • HMorganHMorgan Posts: 3
    Thanks for the help. Got it done.
  • TandaTanda Posts: 22
    With some things like old school deco, you can put all your pieces in your trash barrel (make sure it's where you want it) then axe the trash barrel all the stuff will fall to the floor in a pile. Lock down use deco tool to move.
  • FuzzyFuzzy Posts: 2
    Tanda said:
    With some things like old school deco, you can put all your pieces in your trash barrel (make sure it's where you want it) then axe the trash barrel all the stuff will fall to the floor in a pile. Lock down use deco tool to move.
    That is clever. I vaguely remember 20 years ago a couple guides people wrote up with decoration tips like this. Any equivalents out there today?
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    There is also this:
    https://puka.stratics.com/encyclopedia/category/homes-deco/

When I was at the helm of UO.Stratics, we had been pulling old how-to-guides from the archives of older Stratics websites that were offline as well as the Aayback Machine into a modern interface... project was closed, but some of it is still there. If pics are missing, something changed on the server since I was doing it. A lot of that there is old-skool stuffs.

And can go here: 
    https://uo2.stratics.com/homes-and-decorations/

That is the oldest "live" area of UOSS... not sure how long will stay though.