The Virtuoso's Suit

The description for this says Improves Active Bards mastery bonus x2.  Now I have tried and my buffs still remain the same both displayed and on my pet.  Does this only work for a certain mastery or is this suite broken?  By the way I am using it with the peace mastery.  
Thanks

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    edited May 2019
    I found what I could. You wont like it: http://www.uoguide.com/Virtuoso%27s_Armor_Set

@Mariah ; not much on UO wiki

Did you double click it to activate it? can only activate 1 piece at a time.

Looks like you get a 10% Bonus for 1 min and a 15 min or 30 min cooldown.

I think the X2 is the non mastery skills are 5% and the mastery one is 10%. But you can only use the mastery skill...

Try activating it and be ready to test it.

Maybe you can activate a different armor piece every 5 mins.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    I found that on UOGUIDE,
    I did double clicked the hat while wearing all four pieces.  First tried with the Mastery (Peace) active, displayed buffs did not go up. I checked my pet also and the regens didnt go up.  I then waited 15 minutes and tried again with the mastery not activated.  I then activated and it did not increase the regens.  You can activate the second piece once the first piece quits.  Just doesnt do anything with the peace mastery.  I do not have any of the others to test with.  I think it stayed active for 1 minute.  So if it worked you could use it for 4 minutes and then wait for 11 minutes and start all over again.  The time for each piece is kept separate or so it seems.  I could be wrong on some of the times but I am doing this from memory and I am tired.  Thanks for the response.  I will go to test center and see if I can figure out how this works tomorrow.  If a developer wants to chime in and save me some time that would be great.  I tried searching the UO site but no information to be found on this suit.
    upon further reading I found this on stratics 
    https://stratics.com/threads/virtuosos-set.266920/  So it works not like I thought.  Seems weird.  But OK. 
    I'm just speculating:

So lets say you have the Peace mastery activated. You click a piece and for 1 minute you have a 10% higher chance to Peace a Mob.  During that minute you also have a 5% higher chance to Discord or Provoke a Mob.

Do you have to wear the armor piece or does it work in your backpack?

I guess it would be used on a Boss fight.  Most are difficult to Discord. So you get a 10% higher chance for 1 minute to discord the Mob.

You must wear the item. 
    So the way I am reading this.  If I have discord as my mastery I get a 10% bonus chance to discord without the Virtuoso's item.  If I activate the item I then get double 20% chance to discord.  If Peace is my mastery and I use discord I get a 5% increase chance to discord and if the item is active I get a 10% chance to discord.  I got that information from a comment in the above linked thread. Which I pasted below.

Bard Mastery Bonus is an item property found on the Virtuoso's set. Bards with any mastery gain a 5% bonus to their success chance when using any bard skills and a 10% bonus when using the skill of their mastery focus. When active this property doubles the bard mastery bonus to a 10% bonus when using any bard skill and a 20% bonus when using the bard mastery focus skill.

This is making my head hurt.  But it is clear as mud now.  
    Nice Job.  It sounds good to me.  Ill see what piece I can wear without ruining my template.

What % increase do I get with just 1 piece.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Pawain said:
    Nice Job.  It sounds good to me.  Ill see what piece I can wear without ruining my template.

What % increase do I get with just 1 piece.
    I am not 100% positive, but I "suspect", as I understand it usually happens with these kind of suits, that either one wears the "entire" suit, all pieces, and gets the bonus related, or 1 piece won't do much help....
    Can use only 1 piece but your cool down timer will be 30 minutes instead of 15minutes.  I just tried and that seemed to be the only difference I saw.  Since you cant see the other percentages I cant answer that part but can only assume.

Cool worth a try to Discord a difficult boss.